Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried searching for the metal plate that states whether the rear motor is a 980 or a 990 and I can't seem to be able to locate it. I have a November 2018 AWD, which motor do you think it is equipped with?

Shouldn't have read this thread, I've put lot's of hopes up, if it never happens, I'll have to trade in...

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
....however you wouldn't be unhappy with having the extra power available under your foot, right? :)

I completely get this sentiment though, and if anything it is likely to be easier for Tesla to include Track Mode along with the power unlock.
No, I wouldn't be unhappy. lol

I don't know if it as just me but when I turn off all the AP nannies at the track, they still seem to come back on almost right away in my session. Its a little annoying having the steering wheel try and pull you towards the center of the track while going 190km/hr. This is why i would be happy with just having a a-la-carte track mode.

• Love
Reactions: SammichLover
No, I wouldn't be unhappy. lol

I don't know if it as just me but when I turn off all the AP nannies at the track, they still seem to come back on almost right away in my session. Its a little annoying having the steering wheel try and pull you towards the center of the track while going 190km/hr. This is why i would be happy with just having a a-la-carte track mode.
There’s very little you can turn off, anyway.

Although a huge fix (well huge for me ;) ) in 24.4 is that turning ELDA off is persistent!** That’s not track specific IMO but it is also one less thing for me to fuss with.

I turn on Slip-start, which isn’t persistent (I agree with that) but that is a very subtle/rare effect on pavement. The only other thing different for me is going through seat positions for seatbelt setup. For Autocross I also flip up rear view mirror, because the past don’t matter. ;)

** Hilariously this setting is NOT linked to Driver profile. So if you want it on the street you can’t just have it flip by having different profiles for different driving environments

yeah, but I actually enjoy driving the car, not the car driving me, especially when I'm at a race track. The 1st time the steering wheel pulled me back into the center of the line, I pitted in to make sure everything was indeed off....nope...it was all on again! I switched the lane detection alert to just notify me instead of making the correction. That helped but the car still threw a bunch of warnings at me, espcailly when getting close to the wall...

I also put slip mode on when at the track.

Reactions: SammichLover
yeah, but I actually enjoy driving the car, not the car driving me, especially when I'm at a race track. The 1st time the steering wheel pulled me back into the center of the line, I pitted in to make sure everything was indeed off....nope...it was all on again! I switched the lane detection alert to just notify me instead of making the correction. That helped but the car still threw a bunch of warnings at me, espcailly when getting close to the wall...

I also put slip mode on when at the track.
Ug, that’s horrible. What software version?

I’ve never had LDA come back on, I have that turned off always on all my profiles. Track profile has front warning off, too. I once had ELDA trigger when it was disabled, on highway going to shoulder ahead of a corner, but that was 20.1 IIRC. Haven’t seen since.

Never had emergency braking fire, but I’ve never driven wheel-to-wheel. Always friendly passing on straights.

Track mode is a very different level of getting out of the way. Allowing to get on acceleration earlier coming out of a corner, for example. Also stronger regen at higher speeds would be appreciated.

Reactions: CanadaCarCare