Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free app for viewing TeslaCam and Sentry videos on your Android device

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just purchased premium, smooth transaction.
I just purchased the premium version, too.
I haven't yet checked out its new features, because they weren't are as important to me as just showing my appreciation for all the work you have done with the just the basic application.

In the past, I hadn't haven't used Sentry mode much because of all the event messages that turned out to be unevents when I bothered to review them outside of my car on the computer. Because your app eliminates much of the trouble to review the recordings, I am now more likely going to use Sentry Mode.

As an aside, your app works great on my Note8. I just remembered that an OTG USB C to A dongle came with my phone and was hidden away in the box for the phone. The only problem was I remembered only AFTER I ordered one from Amazon. LOL

Premium working fine here too. One suggestion: you may want to add some kind of documentation or ShowcaseView type thing for the video enlargement options. I discovered the long-press for full screen kind of by accident. It works fine, it's just not overly obvious it's there.

Premium working fine here too. One suggestion: you may want to add some kind of documentation or ShowcaseView type thing for the video enlargement options. I discovered the long-press for full screen kind of by accident. It works fine, it's just not overly obvious it's there.
Actually, I had no problem with getting to full screen, because it was explained However, it wasn't explained, for the premium version, that you could only zoom when the video was in full screen. Except for when you purchase the premium version, there is no mention, at all, of the zoom feature.

App suggestion (feature request):

Add a tab that enables the time slider to scroll through all videos in the folder. Would be nice to review a whole group of videos (10 min sets) all with one slide going through sequential videos in an aggregated timeline.

Yeah, for non-premium I added a little message when you click a video that says "long-press to open fullscreen" or similar, but it's not obvious for premium users since clicking a video enlarges it rather than showing the message. I'll add something to clarify it in the next release.

App suggestion (feature request):

Add a tab that enables the time slider to scroll through all videos in the folder. Would be nice to review a whole group of videos (10 min sets) all with one slide going through sequential videos in an aggregated timeline.
That's how I wanted to do it in the first place, but it was too technically challenging for the first release. Definitely something I want to get done in the future, though!

Yeah, for non-premium I added a little message when you click a video that says "long-press to open fullscreen" or similar, but it's not obvious for premium users since clicking a video enlarges it rather than showing the message. I'll add something to clarify it in the next release.

That's how I wanted to do it in the first place, but it was too technically challenging for the first release. Definitely something I want to get done in the future, though!

Sweet...I'd pay more for that. Nice job with it and appreciate you coding it up for all of us.

And another killer feature would be to add a button to format the drive and/or fix the flag that prevents it from being used (is that still an issue? most of my disabled cam icons recently may have been due to full usb drives).

Reactions: snailboat
I've got a few enhancements and bug fixes I'm working on for the Android version that I'll deploy in a day or two and then I'll focus on the iOS version. I may abandon it since the Stats App guy (according to his twitter) seems to have one almost ready for the App Store, but if his is expensive I may upload my free one eventually just so anyone can access the functionality.

Thanks for linking to the video review, @Watts_Up . I noticed a whole bunch of new downloads today and was wondering what was driving the above-average traffic.
His requires a specific SanDisk WiFi USB, so I can't use it as I have an SSD that I prefer to use.

Thank you for creating this program. Worked great and the tip from earlier posters reminded me about the adapter provided with the phone so did not need to order more e-waste.

As others have suggested, not having to go through all the tabs for each event but rather having a single slider that players the 1min videos in sequence would be great. Using a slider to confirm deleting is unusual, somehow feel that standard OK/Cancel confirmation is more natural. Lastly, deleting directly from the event list will be handy.

Again, thank you for your work and time developing this!

Reactions: NCDoc and snailboat
Thanks OP! Downloaded and paid for the premium upgrade even though I don't need the premium feature. Just want to show my support. But it would be nice if there is an option to save the combine 3 cams on the phone itself and not just share to another app. Right now you could save 1 at a time but not a combine 2 cam or 3 cam view. Maybe a save button next to Rev/Play/FF buttons.. that would save the current minute of the 3 cams to phone storage?
Another suggestion is to put the default minute tab to the 2nd lastest minute. That's usually where the event would be triggered. Currently it is at the oldest minute which almost guarantee nothing interesting would happening in that minute.

Awesome app! I've been telling everyone about it. Don't need the premium features but bought them anyways to show support. Great work! Please keep it up!

Also, can you please add the iOS version. Even if it only has the basic functionality. My gf has an iPhone and the only app on the app store that has similar functionality will only with SanDisk drives.

Reactions: snailboat
Awesome app! I've been telling everyone about it. Don't need the premium features but bought them anyways to show support. Great work! Please keep it up!

Also, can you please add the iOS version. Even if it only has the basic functionality. My gf has an iPhone and the only app on the app store that has similar functionality will only with SanDisk drives.

I think the problem with iOS is that iOS does not support natively connecting a flash drive to be used as storage. The only options are using flash drive that has WiFi or has a built in lightning plug with proprietary software for file transfer. I am not sure how OP could solve that problem and use a regular flash drive.

Yes, that's the problem on iOS. I do have a prototype and I'm investigating options, but I'm not too optimistic that I'll be able to get out a more generalized iOS sentry reviewer option that still provides a decent level of quality to all users.

Yes, that's the problem on iOS. I do have a prototype and I'm investigating options, but I'm not too optimistic that I'll be able to get out a more generalized iOS sentry reviewer option that still provides a decent level of quality to all users.
I think IOS13 will be able to access external USB drives once its out...at least that's what I understood.

Great program btw...purchased premium to help support.