Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok… if we ignore Elon Standard Time and assume that he sticks to an actual 7 days, the safety score cutoff might be sometime over the weekend with a possible FSD deployment on Sunday or Monday of next week. Let’s hope he includes us in that new batch. Peeps are gonna rage if Canada gets v11 before the US.
What if he actually meant: "Yeah maybe 98 (days with a score of 100)" 🤣🤣

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker shows 2 Canadian 2016 Model S on 2022.4.5.4. Both (P100D and 90D) have VINs in 175XXX range.

Although unclear if these two will need to wait for RCCB camera retrofits like many here. Or maybe somehow they already replaced them if Tesla changed the requirements for showing the button.
Seems unlikely they would have changed the button visibility for CA, since they haven't done that in the US (although maybe it would have made sense to do that!).

Seems unlikely they would have changed the button visibility for CA
Looks like indeed people have pushed the button in Canada while still needing RCCB cameras just like in the US -- from Canada - FSD rollout:
I got the invitation software… car is from 2017 and I need a camera upgrade… Safety score of 90
There's been other reports of people not even having FSD Capability subscribed/purchased and getting 2022.4.5.4, so it's probably the same vehicle targeting of having FSD Computer and MCU2+ except different region requirements.

Where did you hear the rumor?
Wholemars said a couple of weeks ago they are expending early access, is that what you're referring to?

No, from someone more reliable than wholefarts but I don’t want to put them on blast here. They can make themselves known if they choose to since they follow this thread.

Will those of us on a 2022 branch be invited?

Next beta branch should be at least 2022.4.5.6 or higher in theory. Canada got the button in 2022.4.5.4 and Beta is imminent there and 2022.4.5.5 is production software that’s already rolled out.

The only question is if colorizer is causing problems with FSD Beta branches for some reason and they stay on a 2021.44.30.x branch but I don’t foresee that happening with the Canada button software version number now known.

I think that pretty much means that those of us on the 2022.4.x branch are SOL right?
I'm not quite following your logic. Why could a vehicle with 2022.x be denied the latest FSD beta level? It might remove a latest feature or two and definitely introduce new and dangerous bugs but certainly technologically possible. No?

But what do I know? Not much - can't even get someone to talk to me about getting the cam upgrade. Maybe in 2023 when we start getting the AP4 upgrades, of which I'm sure I'll be a year behind that too.

Before Tesla provides what we already bought, I'm hoping for viable competition. Can't be worse and maybe someone will actually manage the process. Definitely look forward to that day.

I'm not quite following your logic. Why could a vehicle with 2022.x be denied the latest FSD beta level? It might remove a latest feature or two and definitely introduce new and dangerous bugs but certainly technologically possible. No?

But what do I know? Not much - can't even get someone to talk to me about getting the cam upgrade. Maybe in 2023 when we start getting the AP4 upgrades, of which I'm sure I'll be a year behind that too.

Before Tesla provides what we already bought, I'm hoping for viable competition. Can't be worse and maybe someone will actually manage the process. Definitely look forward to that day.
I could be totally wrong, and I hope I am, but the last version of FSD was 10.10.2, sitting on the 2021.44.30.XX branch. I think a lot of cars are already on the 2022.x branch and the thinking was that V11 of FSD would come on the 2022.X branch. Elon announced next FSD is 10.12, which in my mind meant that they were staying on the 2021.X branch, therefore excluding the 2022.X branch still. But I was reminded that Canada is on the verge of getting FSD next week, and they are on 2022.4.5.4 with the FSD Beta button request. That hopefully means that the next round of beta jumps to the 2022.X branch for those of us on the version, and not have to wait till V11.

Reactions: Sigma4Life
Pennster’s logic is sound IMO. The chance of the next release being on a 2022 FW branch is pretty strong given that the Canada beta request button is on a 2022 branch. So I think likely we won’t see a 2021.44 branch for V10.12.

Of course, I’m biased because I’m stuck on a f***ing 2022 FW branch with MCU2, FSD upgrade, and camera upgrade…but no beta software. 🤬

Here’s hoping!

Reactions: Sigma4Life