Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally gave up. Opted out today and drove my model s like an F1 car and it felt so good to be free again of my safety score shackles!

Lemme know if they ever accept new testers then I’ll opt in again. Til that day comes I’ll continue to enjoy my car without any safety score stress :)
Enjoy your car, we’ll give you a call.

I finally gave up. Opted out today and drove my model s like an F1 car and it felt so good to be free again of my safety score shackles!

Lemme know if they ever accept new testers then I’ll opt in again. Til that day comes I’ll continue to enjoy my car without any safety score stress :)
I feel somewhere some group of people in tesla is taking a tally of this for fun. Look, one less idiot.

I have had my cameras upgraded and still no FSD beta invite. going to opt out if by the end of the month that doesn't happen.

I haven't opted out but my score is shiт at this point. I just stopped caring about it.

It feels like grieving the loss of a loved one. At some point you come to terms that FSD is a lost cause and just move on.
If I was in your position, I’d opt out too. You can’t indefinitely drive like a grandma.

Once they actually start pushing FSD to old cars, you can opt in.

If I was in your position, I’d opt out too. You can’t indefinitely drive like a grandma.

Once they actually start pushing FSD to old cars, you can opt in.
Agreed. There’s a known pause point in recruiting new users so why drive yourself crazy stalking a line that is not moving especially with a questionable score. When it opens up simply step back in with a refreshed score and outlook. Timing does seem to be everything. I opted out last year and waited to see the gate open. 6 days later I was in the beta without frustration or anger.

Totally your call but I see no practical reason to skip updates assuming we have any idea how the process works. I would argue that they will hold back your beta request since your car is not prepped to receive the update or that you are showing you have no interest in an update.
I see you are replying to dog. Just to say there is a practical reason to skip an update and I have done it several times over the years. In my case, I didn't want an update the day before starting a long trip across the USA (I do it twice every year). I preferred staying with a version that I knew was working well for me and didn't want to risk any negative issues that might arise before starting out, especially when I saw numerous complaints about those particular updates on TMC. Skipping several updates did not hold back my request to FSD. But yea, I generally agree with your point. Don't skip updates unless there is a good "temporary" reason.

Also I've tested the new "erase this drive" feature someone else mentioned for when you get the false FCW or fake hard braking, etc. For the drive, stop, put car in park, opt out of FSD beta, and opt back in. You do not have to get out or turn off the car. That drive is not counted towards the SS.. Stats resume immediaty.
I had a fantom FCW on 1 mile drive with no vehicles in front (probably caused by a construction vehicle working on the side of the road) - caused 49 safety score for that drive.

Opting out and right back in did nothing.

• Helpful
Reactions: dogldogl
As a former member of this club based on my ”classic” 12/2016 S, I can hardly believe how many of this club’s original posters are still here. FYI my “old” S and 2018 3 last received a FSD Beta update in mid-February. According to Teslafi roughly 40% of the Beta group is also on my two-month old release. Not very encouraging for you guys and I wonder if Tesla is about to shrink the Beta group. Otherwise why leave us on two-month old software.

Good luck!

Reactions: Cheburashka
Went out for fast food tonight. Opted out before getting out of the car at the restaurant, opted back in. That drive did not record. Drove home, again opted out/in when in my garage - that drive was recorded.

No conclusions or rationalization yet and I'll do more testing. But it does appear intermittent. Won't hurt to try if you get a bad drive.

• Informative
Reactions: HELLAWATTS
Went out for fast food tonight. Opted out before getting out of the car at the restaurant, opted back in. That drive did not record. Drove home, again opted out/in when in my garage - that drive was recorded.

No conclusions or rationalization yet and I'll do more testing. But it does appear intermittent. Won't hurt to try if you get a bad drive.
Could it relate to if you're in park or still in drive when doing the opt out & back in? Or could it be that at the restaurant the car was in park but still "on" because you hadn't gotten out, but at home the car was "off" because you had opened the charge port to plug in? I've noticed that if you put the car in park but don't do something that makes the car go to "off" then the Safety Score doesn't end the trip. We see it often when picking up a drive up order at Target. We drive to Target, put the car in park in a drive up spot, and then drive to our next stop. Safety Score shows that as 1 trip because the car didn't turn "off" while in park at Target. But TeslaFi will show it as 2 trips. The "current trip" trip meter will also show it as one trip. It seems that the Safety Score only gets transmitted & saved when the car turns off.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Could it relate to if you're in park or still in drive when doing the opt out & back in?

You can only opt out when in park. I'm wondering if the "last drive" won't erase - that you have to drive at least a bit where you don't opt out.

As you state apparently it doesn't work if you end the trip - open charge port, open door, or maybe even lift your butt off the seat.

I'll do more testing.

Last edited:
I have a 2017 MS75 with upgraded computer. I put in a service request for the cameras upgrade and they booked me but charging me 195.00. Is that normal?

I asked and cited the website where it said it's complimentary/free upgrade for those who purchased fsd. But they're not responding to my msg
It’s free and they should not charge you.

I have a 2017 MS75 with upgraded computer. I put in a service request for the cameras upgrade and they booked me but charging me 195.00. Is that normal?

I asked and cited the website where it said it's complimentary/free upgrade for those who purchased fsd. But they're not responding to my msg
They assign a value for every service warranty or not. They have to record the value. Doesn’t mean that’s your cost.

Did you get an invite? The invite clearly stated is ”complementary”; you should check with them to find out why they charge you …