Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey fellow legacy owners, my 2016 X is slated for a second service center appointment for the camera upgrade- unfortunately the first time around, which was last November, they had simply swapped out the old AP2 cameras for new AP2 cameras.

I was hoping to email the service center a confirmatory list of the parts I should expect to have installed, and was hoping you guys could double check.

I'm fairly certain I'm correct with the following parts:
  • INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3(1120520-00-B)
  • LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, LH(1642010-00-A)
  • LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, RH(1642011-00-A)
It gets tricky with the RWK, APPLIQUE, MX part numbers. Are the following parts correct?
  • RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,RH ASSY(1092312-98-F)
  • RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,LH ASSY(1092311-98-F)
Many thanks!!
Hi friends, after having paid for FSD in December 2016, my X90D finally downloaded FSD beta (2022.12.3.20) last Saturday (6/4).

I had a 99 or 100 safety score after having driven maybe 100 miles.

In addition to the requisite HW3 computer / camera upgrade, I had paid for the MCU2 upgrade as well.

Anybody have more insights into this TeslaFi reported 2014 S 90D in Hungary with FSD Beta 10.12.2?

fsd beta s 90d.png

Several oddness for that vehicle including 90D was only announced in July 2015, but maybe it was an orphaned VIN and TeslaFi displays year based on the 57XXX VIN instead of vehicle information? There are other S 90D in the US that newly received FSD Beta but with VINs around 156XXX.

Otherwise, is it even possible for a (self-?)retrofit of an AP1 vehicle (and somehow purchase/enable FSD Capability)?

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
Drove 80+ miles on autosteer last night and 20+ miles today, so hoping I finally get it...
Finally got it this morning, so the 100+ miles on Autopilot certainly didn't hurt.

Initial impressions after a couple short drives is that there's still a ways to go. Needs more work to smooth out driving behavior.

Had two left turns with lights where it really needed improvement:

One left turn with 2 left turn lanes followed by a near immediate right. For some reason it chose the left turn lane instead of the right.

On another left turn, a car in the opposite direction was creeping forward to turn right, the car hesitates quite a bit.

In both cases I just took over to avoid any issues rather than see what it would do.

Anyone had issues losing autosteer? This afternoon we got a “take over immediately” message while using FSD Beta. Since then autosteer has been unavailable on all driver profiles. I restarted the computer twice, we also left the car parked for awhile before driving again & nothing has brought back autosteer. Does the car need a camera calibration maybe? Any other ideas? I’m hoping it’ll work tomorrow.

Anyone had issues losing autosteer? This afternoon we got a “take over immediately” message while using FSD Beta. Since then autosteer has been unavailable on all driver profiles. I restarted the computer twice, we also left the car parked for awhile before driving again & nothing has brought back autosteer. Does the car need a camera calibration maybe? Any other ideas? I’m hoping it’ll work tomorrow.

Once so far it randomly aborted and told me to take over immediately. However I was able to rengage almost right away and haven’t had it happen again since.
Thought I noticed among YouTubers like Chuck and DirtyT they had take over alerts like that happening too.
Always a good idea to recalibrate cameras if things are wonky and if you have the time and miles to do so.

There’s definitely a bug about the fsd lane planning. It’s been noticed by a lot of people and one of the whole mars guys tweeted at Elon about it.
Yesterday I was in the left lane with a left turn coming up in a ¼ of a mile and fsd tried to change lanes all the way to the right to “follow route” lol. Hopefully they get that one fixed fast.

There’s definitely a bug about the fsd lane planning. It’s been noticed by a lot of people and one of the whole mars guys tweeted at Elon about it.
Yesterday I was in the left lane with a left turn coming up in a ¼ of a mile and fsd tried to change lanes all the way to the right to “follow route” lol. Hopefully they get that one fixed fast.
Yep, I’ve had it do the same thing. Fortunately traffic was light so it could get back over. Our car due it on a road that is 3 lanes each direction.

Yes going/trying to go to the right most lane while a left turn ahead is damn right annoying. Not sure if it expects to drift into the left most at the very last minute. Also its disappointing how it reacts to bumps.

Another annoying thing is the trip and energy information on the dash are lost everytime I engage the FSD. Not sure if it's a bug that is being fixed.

Another annoying thing is the trip and energy information on the dash are lost everytime I engage the FSD. Not sure if it's a bug that is being fixed.
There's an option in the Autopilot settings menu for "expanded FSD visualization". If you turn that off you won't lose your two customizable screens on the dash. I've mostly kept it off to keep the energy bar meter visible.

Actually, in case you guys didn’t know, you can have expanded visualization take up the whole screen still, and then overlay whatever customizable display you want.
Just hold one scroll wheel while the expanded visuals are engaged, and choose what you want to overlay. The downside to this is I think you have to do it everytime you engage FSD. Idk i haven’t tried it myself yet.

Actually, in case you guys didn’t know, you can have expanded visualization take up the whole screen still, and then overlay whatever customizable display you want.
Just hold one scroll wheel while the expanded visuals are engaged, and choose what you want to overlay. The downside to this is I think you have to do it everytime you engage FSD. Idk i haven’t tried it myself yet.
Yea that's my grime, you need to do this now every time you engage FSD. 🙃

Yes going/trying to go to the right most lane while a left turn ahead is damn right annoying. Not sure if it expects to drift into the left most at the very last minute. Also its disappointing how it reacts to bumps.

Actually, it's not just left turns or right turns: Sometimes it's straight ahead.

Coming to work there's a hill; just as one approaches the brow of the hill, the lanes splits up three wide. The right two lanes are straight ahead, but another quarter mile up the right lane becomes an exit only. The left lane becomes a left turn only. For me, the correct lane is the center one.

FSDb correctly moves to the left - then, moves further all the way into the (marked) left turn only lane, realizes it's in the wrong place, and gives up. Whee. I'm getting really good at hitting that video recorder button :).