Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021.36.5.6 installing now.
I just downloaded it... can you please confirm if it still has "the button" (FSD beta request) ?

Does anyone know what's changed between 2021.36.5.1, 2021.36.5.5 and now 2021.36.5.6 ?
The release notes are the same, I had 2021.36.5.1 for 1 day and 2021.36.5.5 for 2 days but have not noticed what changed between the 2

Are they just bug fixes?

Geez I’m still on 32.22…

I wonder if now our cameras are a problem for the sentry viewing in the sense that Tesla doesn’t want people sharing the new app feature with others and showing colorless cameras. Word of mouth is a big part of Tesla’s sales tactic. Showing your friend that you can see the cameras on your car from inside a restaurant could quite possibly sell a car.

Just more heavy speculation in this thread to go around haha.

Reactions: gaswalla
FYI Attached is a picture of the new vs old B-Pillar Appliques there are 2 cables going to the newer cars. One for the cam and other to the nfc reader new one on left. Here is a video I uploaded ----> Current State of Affairs on Cameras

Attachments

• B-Pillar.jpg
    B-Pillar.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Geez I’m still on 32.22…

I wonder if now our cameras are a problem for the sentry viewing in the sense that Tesla doesn’t want people sharing the new app feature with others and showing colorless cameras. Word of mouth is a big part of Tesla’s sales tactic. Showing your friend that you can see the cameras on your car from inside a restaurant could quite possibly sell a car.

Just more heavy speculation in this thread to go around haha.
Also still on .22

We've only received 2021.36.5.1. That update downloaded over LTE less than 12 hours after it first showed as available to us. Since installing it our car spent a full day connected to wifi but didn't get any more updates. I believe it is 2021.36.8 that adds Sentry Mode live view.

FYI Attached is a picture of the new vs old B-Pillar Appliques there are 2 cables going to the newer cars. One for the cam and other to the nfc reader new one on left. Here is a video I uploaded ----> Current State of Affairs on Cameras
I’m curious what you think the time it would take to upgrade all cameras at a service appointment? Also, I’m assuming they can’t do it with a mobile appt because of calibration of the cameras, correct? Thanks for the video, very informative!

That seems to confirm (or at least support) the argument Tesla did not "know for a long time" they'd need to upgrade the cameras as some have suggested--- and instead thought they could get around the difference in software-- only recently realizing they could not.

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
I’m curious what you think the time it would take to upgrade all cameras at a service appointment? Also, I’m assuming they can’t do it with a mobile appt because of calibration of the cameras, correct? Thanks for the video, very informative!
Guaranteed 1 hour of shop time the official retrofit could easily be done by mobile service,

The NN feed is starting to differ between a RCCB and RCCC cameras now, so no more hope to get FSD Beta with old cameras.

> Until this it was uniformly converted into yuv first

Hmm... Anyone more familiar with this? I think that conversion is a relatively straightforward matrix operation, but maybe doing that for every pixel of every camera feed at 36fps would eat into the compute budget too much? I suppose using raw camera data saves some processing on training time too. At AI Day, Karpathy did talk about a camera rectification step to improve accuracy, but that does benefit millions of vehicles in the fleet vs the smaller RCCC population.

• Informative
Reactions: technoz