Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not one of those folks, but if your question is that you are wondering if you will get the 2021.44.6 update with that year vehicle and either old or new cameras, the answer is yes, you should get it at some point.
@Silicon Desert
Thanks for responding. My fear is if I am on the 2021.36.x.x BRANCH because I opted for FSD Beta, would that preclude me from getting a 2021.44.X.X BRANCH, such as 44.6 or Holiday 44.25?

Reactions: DanZiz
@Silicon Desert
Thanks for responding. My fear is if I am on the 2021.36.x.x BRANCH because I opted for FSD Beta, would that preclude me from getting a 2021.44.X.X BRANCH, such as 44.6 or Holiday 44.25?
Ok, I understand... no it won't. You can still get 44.6 and 44.25 and likely will unless there is some other odd reason. It won't be due to you being opted in to FSD beta. I am certain of that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Saxman and scarelli
@Silicon Desert
We have been opted into the FSD beta REQUEST ("the button") since it was introduced with a 2017 MS having AP2 cameras, MCU2 upgrade (last year), and AP3 chip (last year) and received 2021.44.6 a short while ago. (AP2 -> 2.5+ camera upgrade is scheduled for early January.)

I’ve got this sneaking suspicion that the b pillar cameras many of us got are not HW2.5 cameras… I saw someone mentioned they were getting these as replacements on their Raven S which is a good sign… but the base part number (1092306) suggests HW2 … no longer in the parts catalog to verify…

Installed:
Left: APPLIQUE MS B PLR 1.00 LH ASSY(1092306-00-G)

Right: APPLIQUE,MS,B 1.00 PLR,RH ASSY(1092307-00-G)

This is rough. I’ve opted out to literally get any updates and still haven’t been pushed 44.6.

Anyone else still on 36.5.1 waiting for 44.6?
you know what. I was on that and accidentally turned on Rainbow road! :mad::eek::oops:
Scroll wheel reboot is the only way I know to stop it or changing it to santa mode or something else I guess.
anyways, shortly after I got a notice for 44.6
my old car had been getting new firmware for a while

Reactions: scottf200
you know what. I was on that and accidentally turned on Rainbow road! :mad::eek::oops:
Scroll wheel reboot is the only way I know to stop it or changing it to santa mode or something else I guess.
anyways, shortly after I got a notice for 44.6
my old car had been getting new firmware for a while
I’ve got this sneaking suspicion that the b pillar cameras many of us got are not HW2.5 cameras… I saw someone mentioned they were getting these as replacements on their Raven S which is a good sign… but the base part number (1092306) suggests HW2 … no longer in the parts catalog to verify…

Installed:

So weirdly I have a totally different left B-pillar part number, but the right hand one is the same as what you posted:

APPLIQUE,MS,B 1.00 PLR,LH ASSY(1496707-S0-B)
APPLIQUE,MS,B 1.00 PLR,RH ASSY(1092307-00-G)

Oh and still stuck on 36.5.1. I’m opted into the beta, but obviously haven’t been pushed any of them yet.

Edit: while I still have time to edit the post, I saw in the spreadsheet that multiple part nos are valid for the B-pillars and the 149… ones have the NFC readers in them. Weird to see them mixed and matched and I assume that the NFC reader is just a dangling wire in my 2017 S?

Last edited:
Great news to all those who have got the camera retrofits done, you are getting the FSD Beta today or whenever they release the next update.
Andrej Karpathy(Director of AI at Tesla) responded to my tweet and confirmed this. Hopefully they ramp-up camera retrofits as well as there are ton of people waiting!

Attachments

• 1640199185099.png
    1640199185099.png
    351.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 1640199202365.png
    1640199202365.png
    370.9 KB · Views: 60
Great news to all those who have got the camera retrofits done, you are getting the FSD Beta today or whenever they release the next update.
Andrej Karpathy(Director of AI at Tesla) responded to my tweet and confirmed this. Hopefully they ramp-up camera retrofits as well as there are ton of people waiting!

@c0smicdirt
I wanna BELIEVE!!! Thanks for reaching out to Andrej, and Posting to us here.

Great news I also got a DM from Andrej on Monday said :

“you should be a part of our next rollout wave, which will likely be the 10.8 build (the release of which is imminent), so hopefully in the next ~week or so!”

… so sounds like we’re probably not on the top of the list… but at least on the list…

Installed:

@scarelli

I got installed on Nov. 19th: LEFT: 1092311-98-F RIGHT: 1092312-98-F for my MX B PLR, I'm assuming different Part# between your MS & my MX

Reactions: scarelli