Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Karpathy response from 1.5 hours ago
“There was some issue with firmware/UI that slowed the release for Legacy S&X, but I'm told this is now resolved, so we're rolling out imminently”

Still nothing on my car with new cameras
@scarelli
Thanks for that update from Karpathy.
Do you think Karpathy is ONLY referring to Legacy HW2.5 imminently getting 10.8, or to us Legacy Camera Upgrade folks, as well?

Watching TeslaFI, I'm seeing a few vehicles which just upgraded from 2021.44.6 to 2021.44.25.6 which suggests they may be letting in some new testers?

Yes, same at Teslascope. Looks like the logjam has been breached. I have a pre-refresh 2021 Model X (LR+, 5-seater). I want the new (hopefully safer) FSD Beta v.10.8, but am having mixed feelings about software version 11.0 overall, especially because I can't have Blind Spot Camera and Sentry Mode Live Camera Access, which sound like two very helpful features. (See What "Legacy" Models S&X Can't Have.)

Yes, same at Teslascope. Looks like the logjam has been breached. I have a pre-refresh 2021 Model X (LR+, 5-seater). I want the new (hopefully safer) FSD Beta v.10.8, but am having mixed feelings about software version 11.0 overall, especially because I can't have Blind Spot Camera and Sentry Mode Live Camera Access, which sound like two very helpful features. (See What "Legacy" Models S&X Can't Have.)
I wish I could gift the Blind Spot Camera from my FSD Beta Model 3 to you guys who believe you are missing something. I turned it off as it is too small to view easily. Maybe if it took the amount of screen space the rear camera occupies when backing up it would be useful to me.

I was just thinking about something, we know that from October 2016 - September 2017 cars were built with AP2.0 & all cars with AP2.0 had MCU1 originally. But there are also AP2.5 cars that came with MCU1 originally, right? When did Tesla start installing MCU2 in the S/X?

I wish I could gift the Blind Spot Camera from my FSD Beta Model 3 to you guys who believe you are missing something. I turned it off as it is too small to view easily. Maybe if it took the amount of screen space the rear camera occupies when backing up it would be useful to me.

So it doesn't help you see cars zooming up from behind on the left when you are intending to change lanes and move left? If not, that's too bad (and it's what I was hoping for). I had a automatic right-side video (popped up in the center display) when signaling for a right turn in my 2017 Honda Clarity hydrogen fuel-cell car, and I liked it. But there was no equivalent left-side video.

In other news, heavy rain for you recently, I hear. Good spring for desert flowers coming? In the native desert be on the lookout for (but don't approach or touch) roaming Gila monster lizards looking for bird eggs and small critters (during their brief spring foray above ground).

@minmac
You may want to be proactive and "demand" an update while your X is at SC...at least to 44.6

Just got the X home. Camera resolution looks so much better but no updates. I asked SC and they said Tesla controls the rollout via batches and they have no way to push an update. Once my VIN batch is selected, I will automatically get the update. Well atleast one step closer to get FSD beta is done. Waited 4 years. What’s another few more weeks.