Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I just don’t understand why us camera retrofits aren’t being prioritized or why they aren’t letting in new testers at all? They had no problem letting in 60,000 more. I know the 2016-2017 owners represent a much smaller % of the fleet than newer 3 and Y people but it doesn’t make sense. I was so excited after my cameras I was like this is awesome I’ll get the download next update! Can’t wait to help give the ai team more data!
*crickets*
The safety score game for the past 6 months straight is killing me and my wife. But I don’t want to opt out or unsubscribe just in case they let in more testers at any moment. And Tesla people just doesn’t know anything. I wish Elon or the beta team would issue some official statement for people like us…. :(
I think the issue is supply available, and tesla service time available. Don't get me wrong, I think Tesla can do better.... but I also think they are doing a pretty good overall job given how overwhelmed they are. The service center I use is the only one within like 50 - 100 miles north, hundreds south. I know they are COMPLETELY overwhelmed the last year+ and I am fairly certain it is that way all over the place. Given Tesla's back log, and all they are trying to do, and the fact that they make no money off of what they are doing to us at this point with the cameras, I again think they are doing an ok job. Now, if by end of the year we are not all upgraded with our cameras, ya that will be bad.

And my sentiment on them doing ok, has nothing to do with them not delivering on FSD promises, and the terrible v11 UI. Those 2 issues are separate, and completely unacceptable, and i hope both get rectified in the end.

Good luck to everyone's camera upgrades, I hope we all get it soon.,

I think the issue is supply available, and tesla service time available. Don't get me wrong, I think Tesla can do better.... but I also think they are doing a pretty good overall job given how overwhelmed they are. The service center I use is the only one within like 50 - 100 miles north, hundreds south. I know they are COMPLETELY overwhelmed the last year+ and I am fairly certain it is that way all over the place. Given Tesla's back log, and all they are trying to do, and the fact that they make no money off of what they are doing to us at this point with the cameras, I again think they are doing an ok job. Now, if by end of the year we are not all upgraded with our cameras, ya that will be bad.

And my sentiment on them doing ok, has nothing to do with them not delivering on FSD promises, and the terrible v11 UI. Those 2 issues are separate, and completely unacceptable, and i hope both get rectified in the end.

Good luck to everyone's camera upgrades, I hope we all get it soon.,
Oh I absolutely agree. I'm glad my camera upgrade already happened and I do feel bad for those that still haven't got theirs, but given the fact that they need to camera swap thousands and thousands of cars - that part is understandable.

What isn't fair or understandable is why 2 and a half months AFTER I received my upgraded and correct cameras I still have not been let in to beta

Oh I absolutely agree. I'm glad my camera upgrade already happened and I do feel bad for those that still haven't got theirs, but given the fact that they need to camera swap thousands and thousands of cars - that part is understandable.

What isn't fair or understandable is why 2 and a half months AFTER I received my upgraded and correct cameras I still have not been let in to beta

I don't believe they've added anybody to the beta in a while now, regardless of cameras.

There's well north of 2 million Teslas on the road, less than 3% have the beta.

Reactions: GoofyGoober

I think the answer is the legal department is reminding them daily that the more people they let in, the riskier things get. And likely (unfortunately), the FSD beta just isn't there yet. I am have come to terms with the fact that it will be years before it is really ready. I am enjoying my FSD suite of features and am excited to get my camera upgrade so that i can use autopark with painted lines, but i really dont expect to be using FSD until next year at the EARLIEST and more likely 2024.

I look forward to future when my car can take itself to service appointments, drive cross country to pick me up, and work as a robotaxi to make me some side cheddar. But I'm not delusional enough to think that will all happen any sooner than 5 - 15 years out. Hope I'm wrong.

Still waiting for an invite to get my cameras fixed/upgraded. The service center knows nothing. The chat customer service knows nothing. It’s all bullshit imo.
Send them a link to their website...

Reactions: GenY
Send them a link to their website...
Doesn't matter in my case. They will just say to wait for an invite.

Reactions: GenY
The thing that TeslaFi can't tell us is for those who had 4.5.5 and are being pushed to 8.2 is if they have FSD capability on their car or not.
Those of us with FSD capability and camera swaps already done in this thread waiting for Beta do not appear to be being pushed past 4.5.5.

I'm wondering if people being pushed beyond 4.5.5 either don't have FSD package on their cars OR they are waiting for cameras. I could be wrong, I was just throwing it out there.

But yeah, just looking at TelsaFi you can't tell what options people have on their vehicles so it's hard to say if those being moved forward are waiting for beta or not, or if they even have FSD purchased.

Reactions: fcastrillo86
...TeslaFi can't tell us is for those who had 4.5.5 and are being pushed to 8.2 is if they have FSD capability on their car or not.
True. That said, FWIW 4.5.5 was deployed exclusively to AP3 vehicles (unlike 8.2 which includes all vehicles, even Mobileye).
You might infer this is because it required something AP3 vehicles could provide (eg. FSD / shadow recording), or silently fixed something unique to AP3 vehicles (HW3).
The SW options (specifically, whether someone is waiting in the FSD queue) aren't visible.

True. That said, FWIW 4.5.5 was deployed exclusively to AP3 vehicles (unlike 8.2 which includes all vehicles, even Mobileye).
You might infer this is because it required something AP3 vehicles could provide (eg. FSD / shadow recording), or silently fixed something unique to AP3 vehicles (HW3).
The SW options (specifically, whether someone is waiting in the FSD queue) aren't visible.
Just downloading 4.5.18. Had 4.5.5. Model S 100 with camera upgrade.

Did you receive a camera invite while opted out?
So what happened was after maintaining such a high score for a long time 99/100 and seeing no end in sight because of the camera drama (and no invite), I decided to opt-back in (early Jan) and to basically drive like normal and forget about the score, the granny turns, the avoiding last minute brakes, etc... Basically drive normal. And to my surprise, normal lands me about 96/97.

I received an invite mid-February. Booked my appointment nearly a month after that. So I go there to get it done, and upon pick-up (might I add, the appointment shifted from wait 1-2 hours on it to: take a loaner and see you tomorrow because it requires firmware), so the tech behind the desk with the advisor was confused, or thought maybe I was just being initiated into having the normal "FSD features" i.e. NoA, Smart Summon etc... (i.e. things I've had forever) but she said, "Yep, enjoy your new full self driving!" and for a second there... I thought... wait a minute.... are they loading me up a Beta firmware?

HAHAHA NOPE! It was actually less feature filled driving an hour back home without AP while the cameras recalibrated. I knew it wasn't, but I definitely had a good laugh. Otherwise, it's nice to have slightly more colorful side cameras (I have to re-vinyl wrap them) and sentry videos do look better.

I think I may opt-out, opt-back in if we start to see a glimmer so I can reset and play the game for real. That is, if there's something actual to win.

From TeslaFi it's looking like people with 4.5.5 are starting to be pushed to 4.5.18

if it happens to you not all hope is lost though. Since 5.16, 5.17 and now 5.18 are all taken, the next iteration of fsd beta could go from 4.5.15 to 4.5.19 next or 4.5.20 if it's version 10.11.1 or 10.12

if 4.5.15 was fine, everyone would've had it. so if you get bumped up to 4.5.16 or 4.5.18 i wouldn't worry about it. the next fsd version will likely be 4.5.19 or higher and will probably be beta version 10.11.1 or higher.