Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then I'd like to see how many cars paid for FSD but still have MCU1.
homer-simpson-the-simpsons.gif

Reactions: Solar40
The car detects new hardware during software installation. So you can either wait until you have a pending update downloaded but not installed or drive to a service center geofence and redeploy current software on your own accord.

Change all cameras, reinstall software, done.

Once the installation is complete it transmits that data from the vehicles vitals live to Tesla. No need for any service center intervention. If you want to confirm you can place a ticket to ensure they see RCCB cameras when they pull live vitals from the vehicle. I did this to ensure the vitals I saw locally were truly being recognized but as long as all the sourced cameras are the correct ones your car will be functional and eligible for beta simply after a part change and software install/reinstal

The car detects new hardware during software installation. So you can either wait until you have a pending update downloaded but not installed or drive to a service center geofence and redeploy current software on your own accord.

Change all cameras, reinstall software, done.

Once the installation is complete it transmits that data from the vehicles vitals live to Tesla. No need for any service center intervention. If you want to confirm you can place a ticket to ensure they see RCCB cameras when they pull live vitals from the vehicle. I did this to ensure the vitals I saw locally were truly being recognized but as long as all the sourced cameras are the correct ones your car will be functional and eligible for beta simply after a part change and software install/reinstall.
How do you get the car to re-install software at the service center on your own?

I’ve contacted three service centers total, one said yes subs will get cams, one said no issues just wait for invite, and the other said no, likely just owners. I have the responses via app messaging for what it’s worth. I’ve offered to buy them each time but they said there’s no such way to do that.

Only one user so far in the spreadsheet got invited while being subbed, he responded his timeline in a reply a few comments back (GoofyGoober I believe it was). Basically just got an invite while subbed.

I saw one more user on Reddit say he was successful being subbed and I PMd him and he was nice enough to share the sub status and the invite message. No issues either. Subbed for 5 months and got the complimentary cameras.

So it is happening, hopefully not by mistake. I guess the worst part of all is they won’t let me just buy them. But after a certain point of payments you’d think you’d be eligible ($199 x 6,12, etc.) to get the best benefit of joining FSD beta in the first place and keep the subscription going for them.

I’m willing to wait a few months more or until next Summer before looking up DIY and sourcing from eBay though. It shouldn’t have to be this hard imo. It’s not the supply chain issues that’s frustrating, they seem to not know the answer to it as a sub but also won’t let me buy them so there’s no pathway without dropping $15k (in my case $9k).

I doubt there are many subscribers out there looking to get the cams in the first place though, majority will definitely be owners who have FSD and are trying to get access to the beta via their ownership. So the data points for FSD subscriber legacy owners on HW3/MCU2 but RCCC are limited but somewhat hopeful based on some users’ success. I’m a December 31, 2016 Model X build.
Yet I paid for FSD 6 years ago and here I still wait!! So frustrating!!!

How do you get the car to re-install software at the service center on your own?
  1. Enable Service Mode
  2. Touch Controls (vehicle icon), and then touch Service Mode.
  3. Touch SOFTWARE REINSTALL, and then touch REQUEST.
  4. Within 15 minutes, the yellow clock icon should appear in the upper right corner of the touchscreen.
    Note
    If the clock icon does not appear within 15 minutes, the vehicle's network connectivity might be unreliable.
  5. Touch the yellow clock icon, and then touch INSTALL NOW.
  6. Verify that the software reinstallation was successful and that release notes are displayed.
  7. Disable Service Mode
Perform at your own risk!

Been to the sc. first they said don’t have them and would contact me when they came in. Then they said I had the right ones. I have a Nov 2016 that never had a cam upgrade so how is that possible? They say anything to get away from the subject.
You absolutely need new cameras. They can't even order them for you until you get the invite. It's just a waiting game for us. It sucks cause I have been waiting six years but I know a guy who just subscribed his model 3 two weeks ago and has the beta.

Yup. I already know. They gon say anything to get away from the situation. I’ll still need that cam upgrade. Ai day tomorrow. We need to get Dirtytesla,Wholemarsblog, or Teslaownerssilliconvalley, to ask about mcu1 fsd. They gon be there tomorrow. So if any of y’all on Twitter. Hit them up and ask them to inquire about this. Asap. We need much help as we can get on this Tesla fam. I did already but the more people the better. We need to put the pressure on and let them know there’s lots of us and this is serious. Don’t know about y’all but. Makes me feel ripped off!!

Reactions: plumazul
Yup. I already know. They gon say anything to get away from the situation. I’ll still need that cam upgrade. Ai day tomorrow. We need to get Dirtytesla,Wholemarsblog, or Teslaownerssilliconvalley, to ask about mcu1 fsd. They gon be there tomorrow. So if any of y’all on Twitter. Hit them up and ask them to inquire about this. Asap. We need much help as we can get on this Tesla fam. I did already but the more people the better. We need to put the pressure on and let them know there’s lots of us and this is serious. Don’t know about y’all but. Makes me feel ripped off!!
Yup every time I see a new Tesla with FSD beta.

Reactions: Solar40
Similar to the earlier post, I had my cameras upgraded in Jan 2022 (Model X 2017), but they messed up one (old part #). Wondered why I never received FSD even though safety score was 97-98. Just had mobile service replace the old camera and had FSD within 8 hours. The thread helped out a ton...
We haven't gotten FSD Beta on our 2017 S100D yet. I went back and checked the invoice and it appears one of the repeaters is incorrect. We did notice when we picked up the car from service a few months ago that it appeared neither repeater had been replaced. (We had vinyl wrap on the repeaters and they both still had the wrap on them when we picked the car up.) We're not in a big rush but will submit another request and maybe mobile service will be able to install the correct cameras this time.

Yeah exactly. Like while it would be dope to have a brand new car with the latest battery tech and processors and such, the free lifetime charging is such a massive value in itself worth as much as a whole car over it's lifetime.
It is really not that money if do the calculations. But I agree, it totally changes your mindset when you know you can go to any supercharger for free, while the other suckers have to pay. 🤣