Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20220923-161012.png

Now updated. With a thanks from SC. And a thanks to @Mardak @tonglaji 🙏

I only got 2022.20.9 pushed to me and I have my software updates set to Advanced (so 2022.28.2 was never an option). Still waiting for FSD after camera upgrade earlier this month. Not sure why I haven't gotten yet. Is taarzan the only one from the legacy group (with cameras upgraded) that didn't have FSD that got 2022.20.17 in the last 2 days?
I'm still stuck on 2022.20.9 from 18 days ago. I'm starting to think they put the wrong cameras in.

I'm still stuck on 2022.20.9 from 18 days ago. I'm starting to think they put the wrong cameras in.
If you are on 2022.20.9, you are probably in line for it. Otherwise you would have been bumped to 2022.24 or .28. I was at 2022.20.5 for the longest time, then went to .8 and .9 a day later. Within a few days after that I had 2022.20.17. Do you have enough Autosteer miles, at least 100 is required.

Reactions: cnu201
did you verify the cameras parts in the final invoice?
Yes, part numbers are good, and I verified the colors in the triple and repeaters, but I can't really check the B pillars.
If you are on 2022.20.9, you are probably in line for it. Otherwise you would have been bumped to 2022.24 or .28. I was at 2022.20.5 for the longest time, then went to .8 and .9 a day later. Within a few days after that I had 2022.20.17. Do you have enough Autosteer miles, at least 100 is required.
Okay, cool. Yes, definitely enough miles.

definitely enough miles.
Just to be clear, I believe we're also talking about a minimum of 100 AP miles in a rolling 30-day period of time. I don't have the SS score app anymore but I believe you can press the "i" button (information?) top right and it will tell you how many AP miles you have in the last 30 days.

But as several have said, it's more likely just Tesla's SNAFU.

Just to be clear, I believe we're also talking about a minimum of 100 AP miles in a rolling 30-day period of time. I don't have the SS score app anymore but I believe you can press the "i" button (information?) top right and it will tell you how many AP miles you have in the last 30 days.

But as several have said, it's more likely just Tesla's SNAF
I was finally able to get FSD on Saturday! These are the steps that I did prior to getting it.

1. After several failed attempts (spanning 3 months) with the service center I got the correct cameras installed on Sept 9. You can see my parts on the spreadsheet (Tesla cameras retrofit)
2. Thursday I realized that the 100 miles of Autopilot need to be driven every month so I drove for another 35 miles on autopilot on Thursday/Friday
3. Friday I called the Tesla support phone number to (877-798-3752) and asked them to verify that my cameras was reporting RCC.
4. Saturday while driving my other car to Sac I got a notice that I had gotten the FSD software update. Installed and now I have it! Previously I was on version 2022.20.9.

If you have the cameras installed correctly and haven't gotten it yet, I would drive around on autopilot to make sure you are at 100 miles (use the info button on the app to let you know how much more you need as KArnold stated). I believe that is what did it for me. It is also good to know that they can verify your camera is reporting as RCC through the support phone number. Good luck everyone! I am learning how to use FSD now, but that is for another post!

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I believe we're also talking about a minimum of 100 AP miles in a rolling 30-day period of time.
Yes, over 100 autopilot miles all week. I opened a service ticket to confirm my cameras are correct, but I think I'll call like @hairdawgg did.

I wonder if there's a blacklist too. A couple of months ago I sent an email to the FSD beta email address parodying the one sent by the NHTSA when they simply asked for beta and got it. Hopefully that didn't piss them off.

Last edited:
I made a service appointment under autopilot to say that I have not received FSD and upgraded cameras in January for my X. They told me it was not out for everyone and to wait. I asked if they could tell if my cameras were reporting as RCCB or RCCC and they said they were ordering a right B pillar camera. Attached is my upgrade invoice, no idea what could have happened. Does anyone has any insight as to why they want to replace one camera?
928D374F-E622-4403-B5B5-411E253A11E9.png
Thank you.

Looking a back on my camera retrofit I had it completed late January of 2022. Today I had my B pillar replaced with the correct RCCB camera. When the mobile tech removed the old camera it was actually the original part the car left the factory with. It was never changed out from my retrofit appointment in January even though the paperwork said it was.

Two months ago I had my weather strip replaced because I had water leaking inside when washing my car with garden hose pressure. The mobile tech came out and did a really sloppy job. He said the window and heat from the sun will push the weatherstrip up. It never went up and the mobile tech from today suggested I take the car into the service center. Quick drive there and the weatherstrip looks like how it should. Before I left I told the service advisor about my camera situation. They were able to see on their end that my front triple cam is not RCCB. I’m glad they found a solution and I have another appointment next week.

So for everyone that is still waiting for FSD beta that had the camera retrofit, the invoice part numbers might not be what is actually on the car. I wanted others to be aware of other factors that could affect their ability to have new software pushed.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dave EV
To my surprise I just got the cam upgrade email. Updated the XLSX and see another also got it today. Scheduled for Tuesday. Only option was mobile - anyone get it done that way? I'm now expecting an email (probably on Monday) saying I need to take it to the SC. Of course I'm out of town after that for a while.

Now praying for the right parts and asked them to provide that info ASAP. Must be getting cold in you know where. I've convinced myself Jesus will return before I get FSD Beta - still feels like even money! 😁
You got a cam upgrade with mcu1? Or did you get the upgrade?

Wow, time flies when you are — or in this case aren’t — having fun. I see this thread is almost 9 months old. I got new cameras in November and FSD Beta invite in late December. It is ridiculous that some of my fellow late 2016 purchasers are still waiting for cameras much less FSD Beta.

I am a little puzzled about the MCU1 folks. Tesla did indicate they would be included but it seems obvious there is a game of chicken being played — at the affected owners’ expense. Just another crappy example of how Tesla has forgotten the many owners in 2016 who took a leap of faith on a company with a then dubious future.
If your on Twitter . Go to his page and complain like hell. We need to flood it.