Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the beta for a couple of weeks and as a result am now truly disillusioned with the whole thing. It's utter garbage. It seems to have stopped working completely now and I am not sad about it. I am only sad about the $10K I wasted. I received no notices or warnings. Maybe it deemed me to be a reckless unsafe driver, or maybe it just died of inadequacy. I came here out of curiosity to find out why my beta died. I see all the hopeful people waiting in line for the beta, waiting for their chance to be disappointed as well. Oh, the humanity! If only we could find a way to harness and convert this massive wave of endless disappointment, we could certainly solve the global energy crisis at least.
huh?

pretty sure I read a while back that once you get the camera upgrade done you should get FSD beta relatively quickly? Is this true? And if so, what’s the timeline because I’ve been waiting several days.
If you were in the queue for FSD prior to camera upgrade and was otherwise eligible (SS, AP mileage, FW version), then it appears that you get FSD download within days, sometimes the same day.

What FW version your car is at now?

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Here are the part numbers from the invoice when cameras were upgraded in January:
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, RH(1642011-00-A)
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA,LH(1642010-00-A)
INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3(1120520-00-B)
RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,RH ASSY(1092312-98-C)
RWK,APPLIQUE,MX,B PLR,LH ASSY(1092311-98-F)

The ONLY part that's not confirmed by all here and the spreadsheet is the applique pillar camera, unless listed on the invoice and actually installed parts are not the same....

oy oy oy, always something with these techs, always
And, as expected, that one camera is being replaced. The sad/funny part is I called and spoke about this camera with support and mobile tech - I insisted for them to remote test my car but they always replied that it was "compatible".
1666873036545.png

It’s 2022.20.9 sorry typo. I’m using my phone, hurriedly messaging when I have like 1 min free from my job.
Well, according to TeslaFi, FSD 10.69.2.3 based on 2022.20.18 is still being installed event today for which your car should qualify. If your AP mileage is in line with requirements and FSD is purchased/subed, I dont know what else it could be

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
We received the notice in the app that our 2017 S is eligible for the camera upgrade. A few of you might remember that we already had the upgrade done but we found out later that between 1 and 3 cameras are incorrect.

I wonder if the recent news about FSD has anything to do with all the invites to get camera upgrades. 🤔

It’s 2022.20.9 sorry typo. I’m using my phone, hurriedly messaging when I have like 1 min free from my job.
Double-check your "AP miles" via the app - you need a minimum of 100 in the previous 30 days on a rolling basis.

We received the notice in the app that our 2017 S is eligible for the camera upgrade. A few of you might remember that we already had the upgrade done but we found out later that between 1 and 3 cameras are incorrect.
Unfortunately, all too common. I don't recall what model/year @Gowenbw has but if prior to MCU2/AP3 being installed OEM and needing the camera upgrade, even the invoice is not definitive that is what you have installed. If all of your criteria match as far as you can tell, you'll be waiting forever if the wrong hardware was inadvertently installed. Time to get the SC to verify your hardware.

If you were in the queue for FSD prior to camera upgrade and was otherwise eligible (SS, AP mileage, FW version), then it appears that you get FSD download within days, sometimes the same day.
For the cars I know about, they were not able to get into a "queue" (which isn't a queue anyway) until they got the camera upgrade, so only then were they able to opt in for FSB beta. That's the way it worked on my much older car as well. And then it took a couple months to get in after that.

Second If you have a SC nearby you could try it yourself (note: I've not tried this myself):

1. Go to SC parking lot - verify it connects to their WiFi.
2. Push and hold on your Model in the Software Screen, let go after 5 seconds
PXL_20220216_200109414.jpg

4. Enter “service”
5. Remove speed limit
6. Back out of menu
7. Pick “Software Reinstall”
8. Pick “Full Reinstall”
- Partial Install probably works, but why chance it.
Hey!!! That's my car! Lol

For the cars I know about, they were not able to get into a "queue" (which isn't a queue anyway) until they got the camera upgrade, so only then were they able to opt in for FSB beta. That's the way it worked on my much older car as well. And then it took a couple months to get in after that.
It is a queue - a staging area where your car is placed when you opt in into FSD beta and where it waits for compatible FW version, or SS, or mileage, or next batch of invites, etc. - it might be not a traditional "queue" in your understanding in which things form a a line, but it is indeed a queue. And you could totally enter it without camera upgrades - I did it when FSD beta was initially launched in Sep 2021 as many others. What you might be confused with is that before one couldn't get cameras upgrade service appointment without being opted in FSD beta, but even this is not accurate anymore as there were recent posts on this very thread about people getting invitations for upgrades without being in the queue for FSD beta.

Also, if all requirements are satisfied (lower FW version, AP mileage, SS, FW rollout is still active) - the FSD beta was reported many times to be installed within hours after getting correct cameras, like these, among others I did not quote:
Just had mobile service replace the old camera and had FSD within 8 hours

I got FSDb software immediately (drive home) after getting the correct cameras

Last edited:
It is a queue - a staging area where your car is placed when you opt in into FSD beta and where it waits for compatible FW version, or SS, or mileage, or next batch of invites, etc. - it might be not a traditional "queue" in your understanding in which things form a a line, but it is indeed a queue.
Right that is what I meant. I guess we could argue the semantics of the work "queue", but definition meaning a line. What I mean is it is not a traditional line. Some people can get the FSD earlier than people that joined earlier. but sounds like we generally agree on how it works.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlyF4