Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should we update the thread title now that this has been finally fully “resolved”? @Krash
I don’t think this has been fully resolved until everyone has parity but I’ll take suggestions, including splitting this thread into parts…

Some of FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting For RCCB Cameras

Some of FSD’s Earliest Adopters w RCCB Cameras Still Waiting For FSDBeta

Can anyone with MCU1 and FSD-B, confirm if they removed ultra sonics or do we still have them?
a) On your Drivers display does the MCU1 show "waves" of objects being close to anything (people walking, front of garage, etc)?
b) Do they show up green on the "service" display?
NOTE: you have to press the break pedal to 'start' the car or they will show up grey like the below image
  1. How do you go into service mode? Car menu:
  2. Settings
  3. Software
  4. Long press on car model (e.g. Model S)
  5. When prompted for password, type "service"
  6. Done.

lUQLOGA.jpg

a) On your Drivers display does the MCU1 show "waves" of objects being close to anything (people walking, front of garage, etc)?
b) Do they show up green on the "service" display?
NOTE: you have to press the break pedal to 'start' the car or they will show up grey like the below image
  1. How do you go into service mode? Car menu:
  2. Settings
  3. Software
  4. Long press on car model (e.g. Model S)
  5. When prompted for password, type "service"
  6. Done.

lUQLOGA.jpg
I'm still waiting on the software push. Also, service mode is still geo locked for us MCU1 plebes.

Can anyone else confirm if FSDb (MCU1) has or doesn't have Ultra sonics support?

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Can anyone else confirm if FSDb (MCU1) has or doesn't have Ultra sonics support?
How do you expect people to know if proximity is using ultrasonic sensors or vision? The display shows the usual arcs with MCU1:
mcu1-fsd-visualization-jpg.890819

The service mode display still shows green radar and other sensors even if Autopilot doesn't use them. I don't believe Tesla Vision has replaced ultrasonic sensors in FSD Beta yet.

• Helpful
I have had the new cameras for 3 months...
Just making sure, Safety Score section in the app doesn't have any warnings about cameras? People have gotten wrong cameras installed even when invoice seems to be good. (Do people even have a Safety Score when pushing the FSD Beta request button anymore now that it's in wide release not requiring a request?)

Are you able to start a service request from the app about vehicle software? It might be able to do some automatic self-diagnostics to see if something is preventing updates.

Others (not specifically to MCU1) have had success in using "service" mode from the vehicle to reinstall the current vehicle software to then get FSD Beta. You might need to park the car near a service center to activate it.

…Do people even have a Safety Score when pushing the FSD Beta request button anymore now that it's in wide release not requiring a request?…
I have MCU1 and my phone app has been showing my safety score for several weeks. My service center thinks their inability to get corporate approval to upgrade my RCCC cameras has nothing to do with how terrible my score is.

• Informative
I have MCU1 and my phone app has been showing my safety Score for several weeks
Thanks for confirming. I wonder if it makes sense for people to more aggressively push Tesla Service to do RCCB camera retrofits for MCU1 now that 2022.8.10.10 has deployed FSD Beta to some MCU1 vehicles. At least they can't truthfully say FSD Beta isn't currently available for these vehicles anymore.

The Full Self-Driving Computer Installations support page still says:

We are working through supply constraints, and the invitations will be staggered as supply allows. Invitations will be sent first to vehicles with the highest safety scores containing Intel Atom® infotainment processors and then to those containing NVIDIA® Tegra® processors.​
But maybe it's just outdated.