Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what the difference is between SIDE REPEATER CAMERA 1495866-22-C (1495866-22-C) and 1495864-22-C (1495865-22-C)? Are all these cameras suitable for Model X?
List of some that have been used for FSD

Reactions: Amr Wahbi
I mean, excluding the class of oldest cars mentioned where FSDb isn't available (but it was only 3k for those folks not 12k) it's not vaporware. FSDb delivers everything Tesla promised to since ~3/2019 to everyone in North America.

If THAT is worth 12k to someone is subjective of course but it certainly exists.

How do you mean? For years, Elon Musk has been talking a big game about how true self-stiving is just around the corner. Plus it's hard to deny that the words "full self-driving" imply at least some capacity for operating without human supervision.

Though we can't rightly declare it "vaporware" until it's determined that vehicles below a certain hardware version will never get past level 2 autonomy, which will largely depend on what the government decides is necessary for unsupervised self-driving.

How do you mean?

I mean if you real the actual description of what Tesla is selling you for $12,000-- on the page where you purchase it- 100% of what they list is delivered and has been for years now for those with FSDb.

Specifically:

Tesla product description of FSD said:
All functionality of Basic Autopilot and Enhanced Autopilot
Autosteer on city streets
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

All of that exists. Today. And is available to virtually everyone today in North America who buys it for $12,000.

How can a thing that exists- and that north of 400,000 people had and were using LAST year, be vaporware?

Some FUTURE product, whose features aren't listed at all in the actual product description, but Elon keeps talking about as a goal COMING REAL SOON- is an entirely different matter.

It was, but it isn't anymore. No Autopark, Summon, or Smart Summon on vehicles made in the past year, or so.

Wait- still?

embarasing.jpg

• Love
Reactions: boonedocks
…Specifically:

Tesla product description of FSD said:
All functionality of Basic Autopilot and Enhanced Autopilot
Autosteer on city streets
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control

All of that exists…
It may exist on MCU2. But for almost all MCU1 owners, it doesn’t exist in any meaningful way.

Last edited:
It may exist on MCU2. But for almost all MCU1 owners, it doesn’t exist in any meaningful way.

Yup- I called that out previously as "excluding the class of oldest cars mentioned where FSDb isn't available (but it was only 3k for those folks not 12k) "

I suppose TECHNICALLY someone who has say a 2017 Model S, and never bought any driving features at all for the near 7 years they've had the car, and then suddenly decided they wanted to today, they'd be 12k.... but I've also seen a number of threads where such folks got free MCU upgrades pointing out the text when their car was sold saying it came with all HW needed for self driving too (sometimes with as little effort as pointing that out to a service manager, sometimes via small claims)

I mean, excluding the class of oldest cars mentioned where FSDb isn't available (but it was only 3k for those folks not 12k) it's not vaporware. FSDb delivers everything Tesla promised to since ~3/2019 to everyone in North America.
It wasn't $3K, it was $8K - you had to pay for BOTH EAP ($5K) and then FSD ($3K). I can show you on my Monterey Window sticker from my 12/2016 MS.

Today, the FSD prices doesn't require you to buy both. Still, it has gone up $5K since it was first 'sold'.

And I am still waiting...

Reactions: plumazul
It wasn't $3K, it was $8K - you had to pay for BOTH EAP ($5K) and then FSD ($3K). I can show you on my Monterey Window sticker from my 12/2016 MS.

No need, I bought the same for my 2018 Model 3.

But you can still buy EAP today (6k now) if you don't think the added value of FSD is worth the extra 6k.

Yes, the earliest adopters were promised a completely different feature set than what has been sold in the last nearly 5 years.

The version of FSD sold in those ~5 years, however, is fully delivered to everyone with FSDb, which is hundreds of thousands of people.

So calling it vaporware simply ain't so.

If you want to describe the older version sold to those before the change, well I'm still waiting on THAT product too- but it's not the " footing $12k for vaporware," claim to which I originally replied.

I mean if you real the actual description of what Tesla is selling you for $12,000-- on the page where you purchase it- 100% of what they list is delivered and has been for years now for those with FSDb.

Specifically:

All of that exists. Today. And is available to virtually everyone today in North America who buys it for $12,000.

How can a thing that exists- and that north of 400,000 people had and were using LAST year, be vaporware?

Some FUTURE product, whose features aren't listed at all in the actual product description, but Elon keeps talking about as a goal COMING REAL SOON- is an entirely different matter.
It’s vaporware for all the early adopters who will NEVER get it. (moderator edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s vaporware for all the early adopters who will NEVER get it…

(moderator edit) There's certainly older originally-MCU1 cars that also have it

See this post for example:

An FSD owner with an MCU1 vehicle got the full HW upgrade needed, for free.

He's not the only one.

(moderator edit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Today, the FSD prices doesn't require you to buy both. Still, it has gone up $5K since it was first 'sold'.

Be sure to keep that Monterey Window sticker. It is worth much more than the actual car. All other 2016 cars had Monroney Window Stickers.

Nice chart, but not directly relevant to what I posted. If you didn't read it, the original price in mid-NOVEMBER 2016 was $3K for the FSD add-on, on top of the $5K for EAP which was required to then add FSD. Your chart starts with 2019. Here is a snip-it from my Tesla OEM window sticker:

Attachments

• 2024-03-08 13_07_56-2016 Tesla 60D original Window Sticker.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.jpg
    2024-03-08 13_07_56-2016 Tesla 60D original Window Sticker.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200