Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't realize the tires are so hard to get. I should probably order my next set now before I need them. What site did you end up ordering them from?
Try and find the Michelin 295 30 zr 21 102y pilot sport 4s anywhere.
I couldn't find them for 3 weeks out. So I got in touch with Firestone Direct who already found one for me a month ago. Their wait time is 5 to 7 days.
Btw, it is my right rear tire. This will be my second replacement in 2 months.
4 nails, same tire over the same time period. I am going to order 1 extra rear and also 1 for the front so this never happens again.

Reactions: bizi and Ramphex
I'm beginning to wonder if there's something wrong mentally with Elon Musk. His public statements are getting more and more erratic. I used to think it was all just theater, but now I'm not so sure. The Board isn't to remove him as CEO unless he gets much worse. James Murdoch, the most often mentioned CEO replacement isn't going to instill enthusiasm among investors and car owners.

Btw, it is my right rear tire. This will be my second replacement in 2 months.
4 nails, same tire over the same time period. I am going to order 1 extra rear and also 1 for the front so this never happens again.

I had a similar issue with my Audi A7 several years back.

In some cases the low profile tires would split at the sidewall. Even when going 5 and you hit a small pothole. Brand made no different. Swore I would never get anything that low again.

I also had period of time when I kept getting nails and well. Avoid construction areas. Avoid Home Depot. Parked inside. No issues with neighbors.

Haven’t had any issues with my Tesla tires. Haven’t had a flat (or failure) in many years.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Nothing in ER about FSD Beta numbers. So, I think Elon is using the wrong stat (probably number of people waiting as well).
I thought it was odd on the ER/IR call when pressed about details on FSD, Elon recommended that the investor should enroll in FSD Beta to get a true sense of its current potential.....All the while I hit enroll on 12/28 (the day after purchase), and am still waiting with a ~100-99 score.

I thought it was odd on the ER/IR call when pressed about details on FSD, Elon recommended that the investor should enroll in FSD Beta to get a true sense of its current potential.....All the while I hit enroll on 12/28 (the day after purchase), and am still waiting with a ~100-99 score.
They’ll make it a point to push it out to shills and investors, to continue the cash flow. Shills trick the people on YouTube into spending money on FSD, and the investors…. well, that’s self explanatory what they do.

They’ll make it a point to push it out to shills and investors, to continue the cash flow. Shills trick the people on YouTube into spending money on FSD, and the investors…. well, that’s self explanatory what they do.
Thats a ridiculous claim considering atleast 60k people have the latest FSD Beta release.

I wonder whether Musk is aware nobody new in US has been included this year.

• Disagree
Reactions: bizi and Ramphex
Thats a ridiculous claim considering atleast 60k people have the latest FSD Beta release.

I wonder whether Musk is aware nobody new in US has been included this year.
It’s not ridiculous when there’s 1000s of people waiting with safety scores that meet Musk’s Twitter post criteria…. And they still have not gotten the beta…. While he’s offering the investors to go click the button and get beta to see what it’s capable of.

It’s not ridiculous when there’s 1000s of people waiting with safety scores that meet Musk’s Twitter post criteria…. And they still have not gotten the beta…. While he’s offering the investors to go click the button and get beta to see what it’s capable of.
Two separate things.

Just because a few thousand people are waiting doesn't mean 60,000+ people haven't gotten it, which was your claim.

• Disagree
Reactions: sleepydoc
Two separate things.

Just because a few thousand people are waiting doesn't mean 60,000+ people haven't gotten it, which was your claim.
Could you quote where I said no one else got it? I just said that they make it a point to push it to shills and now possibly investors too, while there’s people who pressed the button 4-5 months ago with solid scores and still have not gotten it.

Could you quote where I said no one else got it? I just said that they make it a point to push it to shills and now possibly investors too, while there’s people who pressed the button 4-5 months ago with solid scores and still have not gotten it.

You are highlighting this to make people reading this thread think only "shills" get FSD Beta.

They’ll make it a point to push it out to shills and investors,​

Can't be patched
Ya know, I certainly don’t claim to be a professional tire guy, but I’m also not in the business of selling tires… like, every tire I possibly CAN sell, if you get my drift.

With that disclaimer out of the way, I can tell you that in my 55 years on this planet, I have plugged A Lot of tires, including tires that tire stores told me couldn’t be safely plugged.

I don’t have a picture to go on. I also don’t want you to do anything unsafe. But I also don’t want to see you stuck with an undrivable car just because some tire salesman is telling you you can’t safely plug a tire that might very well be safely plugged.

All I can do is give you a bit of advice. Go watch a few YouTube videos on how to PLUG a tire (not patch).

After that, I’d use the plug reaming tool to look at the angle of the puncture. If the tool comes out of the hole straight toward the ground and not at an angle, I’d plug it and call it good.

But that’s just me… it’s up to you to decide what’s safe.