Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would never pay for FSD in today's situation. First, you have no idea what value FSD will add to the market value of the car, because there is basically no market for used Telsas at the moment. Further, at $200 a month subscription, and knowing what it is capable of (and, after 4 years, having a pretty good idea of what it will never be capable of), just subscribing in the months I needed Navigate on Autopilot (the only really useful feature), I could have saved thousand of dollars on the cost of the car. If and when a refund is offered, I will take the $2000 (my cost of FSD) gladly, and chalk up the other $5000 I paid for Enhanced AutoPilot as the cost of doing business.
No market for used Teslas? Not sure what you mean by that as the prices for used 2015 Model S are pretty robust.

On the otherhand, if you pay for FSD now and can't use it, there may be a benefit to your purchase: the benefit you may have is locking in the price of FSD before Tesla raises the price again. At this point, I'd gladly rent FSD on a per month basis for roadtrips as I don't commute everyday anymore.

Ah, so in your world comments from the CEO of the company have no legal weight. I hope I can meet you in court one day! :)

The "aspirational" nature of Elon's comments is a rather recent thing. He has made plenty of absolute comments in the past about what FSD is, what the cars are equipped to do, as well as when it would be delivered.
Unless the aspirational comments were on the contract you signed, I'll happily meet you in court.

All these people trying to represent Tesla in court is pretty funny. I had FSD beta on my 2018 X and upgraded to a 2021 X Plaid. Already qualified for FSD beta (again) and waiting till Tesla ”feels like?” giving me the update. I love my Teslas but the way they are handling FSD beta sucks. I’m tired of getting hyped for updates that only influencers get. =/

Because some people don’t make it their life mission to find something wrong in life or complain about doesn’t make one a fan boy.
There’s a problem with that though. When it becomes an extreme positive bias, and then next thing you know the public social media information sources become biased with over-positivity.

This person said it the best

That’s the truth right there, not the majority of what you see on YouTube, Twitter, etc, overhyping the reality of the beta by only covering the positive things.

Pretty sure Bombegranate means the ability to transfer the license from your old trade in Tesla with FSD (trade in to Tesla) to a new Tesla so you don't have to buy FSD again.

While many still get confused or don't know it is known that FSD stays with the car as long as you don't sell/trade in to Tesla. If Tesla gets ownership of the car they can remove FSD if they want. But that is the only circumstance.
Correct, that's what I meant.

Saying the product is "like nothing like what's out there", is exactly the 'tesla fanboy gas lighting' I was expecting from my post haha. You still have to obey consumer protection laws LOL.

And about the 'you only bought "FSD capability"' argument, unfortunately Tesla advertised "navigating on city streets [...] by the end of the year", when I bought mine in 2019. So that argument is dead in the water, as Tesla advertised a feature by a certain timeframe on their official sales website, so they are vulnerable to false advertising claims already, even if they deliver eventually.

Listen, I'm not trying to start a flame war here. I'm just telling you how the law works. If someone wanted to take this to court, a civil judge would not look kindly on how Tesla has gone about this all.

There’s a reason why there’s no refunds or free trials on FSD 😀

Back to the topic though: anyone with 10.11 have any obvious issues that would indicate why the rollout stopped?
There we’re free trials on AP/FSD a lot early on. Not sure when they stopped. Ofcourse now you have subscription and I guess it would be easy for them to bring in a free month.

10.11 has been more positive than most recent builds. No idea why they stopped. My guess would be some rare condition which they thought was a serious problem …

There we’re free trials on AP/FSD a lot early on. Not sure when they stopped. Ofcourse now you have subscription and I guess it would be easy for them to bring in a free month.

10.11 has been more positive than most recent builds. No idea why they stopped. My guess would be some rare condition which they thought was a serious problem …

Or they are A/B testing like they did with 10.8,10.9, and 10.10 before eventually 10.10.2 rolled out to everyone. (Though selfishly I would prefer just getting the latest Update like we used to in the beginning.)

Reactions: edseloh and Jackman
There’s a problem with that though. When it becomes an extreme positive bias, and then next thing you know the public social media information sources become biased with over-positivity.

This person said it the best

That’s the truth right there, not the majority of what you see on YouTube, Twitter, etc, overhyping the reality of the beta by only covering the positive things.
But you do seem to come across as biased against Tesla. Isn’t that potentially hypocritical to call others biased for Tesla extreme positive bias. ?

I could be wrong, but half the country including the government, and most business is totally against Tesla. Wants them gone. Most of the media creates lies to support that negative narrative. So there is way more negative lies and biased against Tesla than positive that I’ve seen.

Most feedback we hear is negative, and that’s because negative feedback is screamed at the top of their lungs. Happy people rarely comment. At least that’s my experience over and over with people and feedback. That’s what I have seen with Tesla.

So when someone is happy with what they see and experience, they’re automatically a blind fanboy because you feel they’re experience is wrong... .... :)

I think Tesla will release 10.12 tomorrow just to find a reason to shutdown this thread that has gone awry.
That would be good.
What is a bit humorous is this thread and all the associated discussion has been replayed dozens of times over the last 4-5 years. Just different people expressing all the same arguments in different threads in different forum locations. And yet we still don't know how this will play out:)

Unless the aspirational comments were on the contract you signed, I'll happily meet you in court.
If the contract doesn't have well defined terms, such as dates for delivery, but instead has vague terms like "later" or "future," then the court will look to parol evidence to see what the understanding of the parties were at the time the contract was signed. You can bet that comments from the CEO will count as to what the parties' expectations were. You're out of your depth here, sleepy.

I think it was probably by design. Similar to what happened with 10.6 and 10.9, I think they have some releases (maybe most) that they only want to rollout to the hardcore 9000 or so beta testers. The rest of the 47,000 of us that selected the button were just given FSD Beta to appease the masses and show progress. I don't think the feedback from all 56,000 "testers" is actually being used.

I think it was probably by design. Similar to what happened with 10.6 and 10.9, I think they have some releases (maybe most) that they only want to rollout to the hardcore 9000 or so beta testers. The rest of the 47,000 of us that selected the button were just given FSD Beta to appease the masses and show progress. I don't think the feedback from all 56,000 "testers" is actually being used.
They add whatever training data they get that matches their criteria. Release notes said they added 100,000 clips for a particular condition recently.

There is zero reason why they would "care" only about 10% "hardcore testers" only.

They add whatever training data they get that matches their criteria. Release notes said they added 100,000 clips for a particular condition recently.

There is zero reason why they would "care" only about 10% "hardcore testers" only.
But if the release is simply to test code changes for a limited list of fixes/enhancements, they don't need the wider fleet to do that. The data they are collecting from the wider fleet for further training works whether they have the latest FSD Beta release or not. However, if they rollout some broader release - maybe one that touches fundamental video processing or 8 camera fusion - they can roll that out to everybody in order to rebuild their training data on the new video processing platform.