Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OUCH..... This post hurts... Please don't make me start thinking about everything I could have done with 10k while I sit here waiting for FSD Beta.... 😒😔😟😫😩🥺😭😤
Oh I apologize. I'll refrain from sharing the pics of the 15 day trip to Tahiti I decided on, rather than continue with FSD Beta subscription. $214.42 + $214.42 + $214.42............😎🌴🌺🌴

But your a good sport for letting me share why I decided to bail out of the FSD Beta.
Be safe!

BBB.jpg

AAA.jpg

By me, it’s speed limit unrelated for sure with most of the local “highways” being 65mph and still using FSD. Interstates and expressways… aka limited access highways, use the AP stack.

It does get sketchy when FSD tries to switch lanes mid intersection for no reason at 65mph
sound like there is more regional variation for sure.
Hwy 290 here from Austin - Houston varies from divided highway to four lane and from 70-50mph, staying on that road and it switched FSD->AP and back as it hits the speed limit signs which is really annoying. AP does a great job of slowing down where needed, sadly FSD doesn't know how to slow down and happily cruises past 50-40-30 reducing speed limits still doing 65.
It does that in one town that drops from 70-65-50 and is just keeps on going at 65 into the 50 - right in an area where the local cops are known for zero tolerance with speeders.

80 mph is enough for me, but with the vision system, any idea if as safe or less safe than radar?
I drive on the interstate for about 70 miles round trip on the days I go into the office. The speed limit is 70. My car is has radar, but since the beta, that has been disabled. Prior to the beta, on the interstate in torrential rain, the car (using radar) could see everything and was very confident. With the radar disabled because of the beta and with moderate rain, the car is pretty unsure of itself and will disable NAP and just stay in the lines, so I would consider at this point, that vision is less safe than radar.
Also, 80mph is pretty low max when the speed limit is 70, NAP is set to 77 or 78, and you need to push the gas just a little bit to pass a car.

I drive on the interstate for about 70 miles round trip on the days I go into the office. The speed limit is 70. My car is has radar, but since the beta, that has been disabled. Prior to the beta, on the interstate in torrential rain, the car (using radar) could see everything and was very confident. With the radar disabled because of the beta and with moderate rain, the car is pretty unsure of itself and will disable NAP and just stay in the lines, so I would consider at this point, that vision is less safe than radar.
Also, 80mph is pretty low max when the speed limit is 70, NAP is set to 77 or 78, and you need to push the gas just a little bit to pass a car.
Radar could never see lines, anyway - it only works for objects so the the car would have needed some vision to stay within the lines regardless.

There’s one specific 6 lane intersection where it tries to switch lanes in the intersection every single time. Reported it for months, still does it.
I'm guessing you are still with 10.10.2.

You can see whether that change to have NN predict the intersection lane markings fixes it once you get the next build. One of the items Dave Lee & James Douma discuss in detail.

If I request joining the Beta will there be a minimum amount of time I spend in that mode? I will be able to disengage it and just drive normal (without it tracking safety?) at times?
Once you click the "request beta" button, Safety Score will track all driving until you either get the FSD Beta software or cancel your beta request. You can't turn Safety Score on and off, but once you have the FSD Beta software, it goes away and all they track is forced autopilot disengagements.

Once you click the "request beta" button, Safety Score will track all driving until you either get the FSD Beta software or cancel your beta request. You can't turn Safety Score on and off, but once you have the FSD Beta software, it goes away and all they track is forced autopilot disengagements.
Thanks, when you say "forced autopilot disengagement" that is only when the car does it because you're not paying attention, correct? I have to assume it can't get mad at you for forcing out of autopilot manually with brake or steering wheel?

Beta always changes lanes in the middle of the intersection. Even when there are lines showing that you must stay in your lane through the intersetion.
It’s super annoying too because I usually like to ride the middle lane, it’ll switch me into the right lane right before the intersection (for no reason) and then switch me back to the middle lane directly in the middle of the intersection lol

It’s super annoying too because I usually like to ride the middle lane, it’ll switch me into the right lane right before the intersection (for no reason) and then switch me back to the middle lane directly in the middle of the intersection lol

Not to mention getting notice it needs to make a right, then changes lanes to the left, then immediately back to right.

Or making a left turn into the left lane, and again immediately getting in the right lane to make a sudden right. Instead of turning left into the right lane.

Stopping in the middle of a fork in the road that has no yield or stops. And it's not checking for visibility. it just stops.

Reactions: beachmiles
It’s interesting how he goes from talking about it every week, multiple times a week, to some vague tweets here and there. It’s almost like he was playing with it and was excited and now the excitement wore off and he’s now onto something else
Elon goes from actively talking about new releases to silent when the release gets delayed has issues. Once they figure out a fix and date of fix / next release he’ll tweet again.

Anyway, I’ve to say he knows more about what’s happening on a weekly basis than most of mid-level managers I’ve had, even though they led 100+ person orgs rather than 2 very large and complex global companies.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Thanks, when you say "forced autopilot disengagement" that is only when the car does it because you're not paying attention, correct? I have to assume it can't get mad at you for forcing out of autopilot manually with brake or steering wheel?
...and as far as I can tell, once you're in the beta program you can use FSD as much or as little as you like. I go through spells where I try to use it constantly to times when I just enjoy driving my own self.