Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It had a false forward collision warming then displayed the message. I will wait for the next update, either way with all the traveling I do, it wasn’t very good on state highways, to many bugs 🐜
State highways don’t use the beta. Separate stack. The one everyone uses. By the sounds of it, you don’t mind, and you aren’t really aware what you were testing... probably not a terrible thing

My score is at 100 for coupe of months and I got 2022.4.5.17 yesterday. Not sure whether anyone at score 100 got 2022.8.2.
That’s good news. I’ve got 9000 miles since opting in 1/6/22 and 3900 in the last 30 day rolling period. Good luck to us!
802EA27C-D89B-4382-8925-2EF895D2DD32.jpeg

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Odd - I've never seen/heard of anyone getting that warning. I'd start a new thread in with it and see if anyone else has gotten one.
State highways don’t use the beta. Separate stack. The one everyone uses. By the sounds of it, you don’t mind, and you aren’t really aware what you were testing... probably not a terrible thing
Not true, as you approach small towns it switches to FSD BETA as you enter its boundary without slowing down for reduced speed limits. (moderator edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
Not true, as you approach small towns it switches to FSD BETA as you enter its boundary without slowing down for reduced speed limits. (moderator edit)
It’s 100% true. Highways and freeways don’t use beta code. It’s not about city boundaries. Freeways and highways go through cities, but that’s the regular AP stack. Have you heard anything about “combining stacks”? That’s what they are talking about. The beta is only city streets. Period.

Last edited:
It’s 100% true. Highways and freeways don’t use beta code. It’s not about city boundaries. Freeways and highways go through cities, but that’s the regular AP stack. Have you heard anything about “combining stacks”? That’s what they are talking about. The beta is only city streets. Period.
US 395 passes through many towns. (moderator edit)

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
US 395 passes through many towns. (moderator edit)
I drive 170 miles today on a4 lane highway where whenever I entered city limits, it switched to AP, and when I exited, it went to NoA. Multiple times. That’s what it’s supposed to do. If it isn’t for 395, then that’s specific to that area, and I would send an email about it.
EB48A263-D5F9-491B-AA73-57862AAE3406.jpeg

4 lane highway where whenever I entered city limits, it switched to AP, and when I exited, it went to NoA
Are you referring to sections where ~500ft before an at-grade intersection, there's a black/white "END FREEWAY" sign and similarly afterwards a "BEGIN FREEWAY" sign? Pretty sure FSD Beta keeps NoA active through those sections instead of switching to plain Autosteer or FSD Beta visualization.

I was on the PCH 1 North in Malibu with the car switching back and forth from NAV and FSD BETA, out of nowhere “Take over immediately” popped up, then “Full Self-Driving feature suspended based on your recent driving data. Feature will be restored with an upcoming software release”
We might be talking about different things, but I personally have had situations where the switch between AP/FSD goes a bit nuts. Two scenarios:
  1. Sometimes it gets confused which road I'm on (highway vs. city street) and the visualizations will switch back and forth a few times. Other than causing a distracting light show on the center screen, it's otherwise not a huge deal and resolves itself in a few seconds.
  2. Sometimes it goes crazy when merging from a city street onto a highway. In these instances, the visualizations toggle MUCH faster, and sometimes the car brakes when it should be speeding up to merge. This is a more troublesome scenario that does eventually resolve itself if I let it continue (only if nobody else is around me), but otherwise I take over because the whole system is basically having a seizure.
I've also had situations where FSD suddenly craps out and tells me to take over immediately, for no apparent reason. However, I've never been suspended or even told that I received a strike, so...I'm not sure what your situation is. I guess my point is - FSD spazzes out at times, and often it won't even tell you why. So, your FSD spaz-out and the suspension might be unrelated.

Were you ever told you even had a strike in the first place? I've never gotten one so I'm not sure what even happens.

Are you referring to sections where ~500ft before an at-grade intersection, there's a black/white "END FREEWAY" sign and similarly afterwards a "BEGIN FREEWAY" sign? Pretty sure FSD Beta keeps NoA active through those sections instead of switching to plain Autosteer or FSD Beta visualization.
IME, Tesla uses NOA on interstates and FSD on state highways. West of Minneapolis we have I394 which is an interstate and State Highway 55 which is 4 lanes, divided, 55 MPH but has stoplights. When I'm on 394 it uses NOA but on 55 it's FSD. I've had the same experience on the other interstates in town. If I'm driving in to Minneapolis, the freeway ends and dumps you on a city street and at that point it switches to FSD.

IME, Tesla uses NOA on interstates and FSD on state highways. West of Minneapolis we have I394 which is an interstate and State Highway 55 which is 4 lanes, divided, 55 MPH but has stoplights. When I'm on 394 it uses NOA but on 55 it's FSD. I've had the same experience on the other interstates in town. If I'm driving in to Minneapolis, the freeway ends and dumps you on a city street and at that point it switches to FSD.
Navigate on AutoPilot (NoA) is limited to "a controlled-access highway (a main highway on which road users enter and exit using on-ramps and off-ramps)" (Telsa User Manual). It doesn't matter whether it is a U.S. highway, state highway, interstate, etc. Only that it is limited-access divided highway. In fact, on I-74 between Charlotte and Wilmington NC, there are places where the interstate is not yet complete (referred to as I-74 corridor) where there is a mixture of overpasses with exit ramps and stop signs onto the "interstate." When driving through these areas, NoA will turn on and off seemingly randomly at times, but is all being driven from map data indicating whether the highway at that spot is designated limited access or not.

And yes, when in NoA, you are running production level code. In fact, I am pretty sure my 2018 M3 still uses radar in NoA mode, because I have few if any phantom brakings on limited access highways.

Just think of all the fun and adventure you’re having for $214.00 a month. Heaven forbid you bought experimental FSD for $10,000 or even $12,000. I just canceled it and bought some nice Sony noise canceling headphones instead …..and that’s just this month😜🤣🤣
OUCH..... This post hurts... Please don't make me start thinking about everything I could have done with 10k while I sit here waiting for FSD Beta.... 😒😔😟😫😩🥺😭😤

I was on the PCH 1 North in Malibu with the car switching back and forth from NAV and FSD BETA, out of nowhere “Take over immediately” popped up, then “Full Self-Driving feature suspended based on your recent driving data. Feature will be restored with an upcoming software release”

Take a look at the settings in the photo. I was driving North on PCH 1 in Malibu with Autopilot switching between NAP and FSD BETA, when the dreaded “Take over immediately” was displayed. Then the suspension verbiage appeared.
The wording says "improper use". Clearly, expecting FSD to actually drive in situations where it messes up is improper use. (-;

I thought the switch was entire speed based.
Around here even two lane roads that are 65mph or more get the AP stack. As soon as it drops below 60 is drops onto the FSD stack

Around here even two lane roads that are 65mph or more get the AP stack. As soon as it drops below 60 is drops onto the FSD stack
I can't say for sure - the only roads with speed limits higher than 60 around here are interstates and I generally don't go more than 5 over the speed limit. I have on occasion gone faster than 60 on some of the state highways using FSD and it hasn't seemed to mind.

By me, it’s speed limit unrelated for sure with most of the local “highways” being 65mph and still using FSD. Interstates and expressways… aka limited access highways, use the AP stack.

It does get sketchy when FSD tries to switch lanes mid intersection for no reason at 65mph