Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I enjoy the recent comments about things FSD doesn't do yet, such as slow down for dips or handle camber properly (though you may want to try a camera recalibration to see if it helps). This tells me that FSD is getting better at basic driving and we're now discussing edge cases or more advanced driving scenarios. We just recently got speed bump recognition - so progress is being made.

Be excited for FSD progress, people! Things like dips, pot-holes, debris, camber, heavy construction zones, etc. will take time to incorporate. Tesla is still trying to get basic driving (well marked lanes, standard intersections, protected and unprotected left and right turns, and residential unmarked roads) locked down. Every update gets better. Then they'll start adding more advanced features, such as speed bump recognition. I'm sure pot holes will come soon as that's another big one for people. But I acknowledge that pot holes are tough to recognize for the visual systems and NNs - how to tell the difference between a pot hole and a shadow.

We'll get there - be patient and rejoice in how things are progressing! :)
Exactly! Here in Montana roadkill is a big issue. You got your dead skunk in the middle of the road, stinkin' to high, high heaven. He shoulda looked left and he shoulda looked right........didn't see the station wagon car, the skunk got squashed and there you are.......Loudon

Woo-hoo! Who else just got 10.12?
Yes I got it. Will let you know how testing goes. Was their any in particular feature you wanted me test?
V10.12.png

The good'ol days were a bit creepy

I remember one time I had some issue with my car that I posted on here, and then I got an email from Tesla about it.

These days I can't even email Tesla.

There is some happy medium between the two extremes that I hope Tesla moves to.
Reminds me that back in the early days, I posted a picture and a question about the finish on the car, “features or bug“ to one of the forums (this or Tesla’s) and the Portland folks sent a guy out who spent an hour working on the problem. Ah, those were the good old days (2013.)

MY WIPERS ARE NO LONGER PHSYCO !! :)

I have been driving around in the rain all day and the Beta wipers are actually working right. 11.1 must have changed something. They have never worked this good in four years of driving an MS. I got the whole gambit depending on the severity of the rain.

Beta did good with the toll booths it slowed down as it approached. I do think this beta might be looking at the yellow caution speed signs. did 25MPH around a tight curve that was marked 25. It is still a little slow to react to them. It starts slowing down when it passes the sign. I did not look down to see if it was on my IC.

If I had a dollar for every time someone said auto wipers were fixed after xx update in the past 3 years… 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex and JulienW
I have been checking too......but starting to look fruitless hoping to see more additions. Maybe 10.12 some day.:eek: Now back to driving 10.10.2.

View attachment 789042
Or 10.11.2 like Omar says.

Definitely the pace of releases has slowed down this year. Not bad if each release delivers real improvements.

Last few releases were not always delivering noticeable improvements.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
wow. I am surprised that not many people got 10.11.1. I am usually the second or third wave.

I have not experience any major issue with the release. Although at the same time, can’t say there are much improvements either. I guess my route just doesn’t put FSD to the test.

Reactions: drtimhill
Never underestimate the end of a business quarter for business like Tesla. Sounds like they exceeded expectations. I’m sure selling and deliveries are primary focus. And those folks who purchased FSD providing a stable but not yet complete package. Never received the latest FSD beta update and that’s ok. I’m sure an update will come sometime this month. I’m sure they don’t want to risk a bad headline over a beta tester while there’s positive news on their bottom line.