Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaFi shows still over a thousand 10.10.2 beta testers that are three updates behind... the 10.11.2 update seems to have paused at least for the moment as compared to the the last few days, and who really knows why. Historically no new betas are added until the existing beta fleet are all on the same version, so it could be a while before new testers are added. I've been stuck on 10.10.2 for a long time compared to previous versions so I don't hold out much hope of anything happening the way things have been going. Seems to me they are going to stop again with no new additions and leave lots of us behind with the older 10.10.2 version for whatever reason, and fall short of the promises to add new users anytime soon.

Once I post this I fully expect the rollouts to begin again and prove me wrong. I'd really like to see the folks who have been struggling with the safety score thing for months get the beta. I only had to drive three weeks with the SS back in 10/21 before I was "rewarded" so I can only imagine the frustration.
Actually I’d say only one update behind. 11.0, 11.1 and 11.2 all seem essentially equivalent, and the first two were very limited rollouts with the recipients subsequently being updated to 11.2

I’m still one of the people left behind. Keep waiting to see when my number comes up. :/

It was one that was so bad that my wife in the passenger seat yelled "Just drive the damn car before it kills us!"
We should have a poll asking how many people refuse to use FSD with their spouse or family members in the car! The ‘wife acceptance factor’ is a very real metric.
Shouldn’t your hands already be on the wheel?
If I keep my hands on the wheel then I invariably cause a disengagement by putting too much resistance against the steering. I keep them on my knees, right next to the wheel most of the time. For ‘high risk’ situations I have my arms up with my hands over the wheel, ready to grab it but not actually holding It.

May be I should make a poll … seems to me the current FSD beta has hit a ceiling. We aren’t really seeing much noticeable progress in the last few releases.

What do you guys think ?
I think you are right and that would also explain why the beta is now split between versions - so they can compare and judge if the newest versions when released in larger numbers are actually any better than 10.10.2. It does seem to be a one step forward two steps back scenario at times.

Oddly enough it's a lot more stable in rain or night, in bright sun it goes nuts. I used to use basic Autosteer everyday on this road and had no issues.
Bright sunlight at an angle, esp. when the road is wet completely disrupts perception. Can't make out the lanes. Happens a lot.

To be fair, we can't make out the lines either. But we drive from memory of where the lanes are and some hints when we can see bits and pieces of lines. Perception / Planning needs to get to that level.

vlcsnap-2021-11-11-10h12m00s143.png
vlcsnap-2021-11-11-10h12m20s602.png

Last edited:
However one of the nice things is that the graphic display of the destination *used* to display only the north view mode where if you were driving anyway but north, you would see the entire path upside down. (I prefer to see what is exactly in front of me). Now today, I have my favorite view back, the direction that I am travelling shows as heads up. I don't know how to toggle back between the views like I used to be able to do before FSD Beta, but I like this change.
(Am I expressing this clearly?)
Mike P
2018 July MX 100D
Boy do I know what you mean. They keep changing how it works, but all views are always available. I think there are 3 views; one for routing, one with north up, and one with current direction up. See attached photos. If you can't see the button on screen that toggles between the three views (two views if you aren't currently navigating anywhere), just tap anywhere on the map. 10.10.2 required tapping of the map to make the button appear, but it seems to always be there now that I'm on 10.11.2.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• n.jpg
    n.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 55
  • ne.jpg
    ne.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 44
  • route.jpg
    route.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 48
It's clearly been halted.
too early to say that. They only pushed the latest batch yesterday (which included 10.2 for the first time) and the waiting to download count has been steadily decreasing since then, which is consistent with usual deployments.
Assuming no issues with this batch they would (in the past) start rolling out to the rest of the older beta releases. Also previously as the cleanup batch goes out they sometimes add new testers, but that hasn't been consistent, maybe because they have needed to pause each rollout so much.
Of course that is conjecture :D

Reactions: bizi
I’ve had it try and turn right into oncoming traffic twice on 10.10.2. Typically intersection. Nothing special but it doesn’t like that one intersection.
Something similar here as well. It never liked an intersection close to my house, side street right at the point where there's a curve in the road, and most traffic follows into/out from the side street as opposed to continuing through the curve. It got very close to an opposing car and I had to take over.

Previous versions it would come to a virtual stop coming out of the side street even if there wasn't another vehicle in sight.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1