Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have asked to participate in the program as an FSD beta tester, then you are in fact on the AI team. As a volunteer contributor.

Perhaps when it's all over you'll get a plaque.
Perhaps you can display it on your wall and it will increase your self-esteem.
Perhaps the experience will inspire you to even greater personal achievements, wealth and happiness.
Men will envy you, and beautiful women will clamor to know what it's like to work with Elon.
Perhaps it will change you life.

Alternatively, you can continue to grumble about things on here on TMC. And join the sneering experts who remind us how right they are, every time something goes wrong.

Choose your path carefully.
I haven’t requested to “volunteer” for the AI team by paying $12,000. If they want my data to improve their product they can pay me or offer the beta access free….

I remember driving to Springfield, MA from Boston for a business trip. Driving was slow and courteous out west. Reminded me of my childhood roads in suburban Atlanta. Couldn't call anyone in Springfield a Masshole. FSDb might do really well there.
I'm from Boston area too and totally agree. Come up to Portland Maine and you'll experience the dramatic difference in drivers as well. Almost everyone in Maine takes their sweet time on the road.

Reactions: nvx1977
To those keeping score (under the previously proposed system), this is a failure. 0/1

Took excessive time and clearly did not go when the opportunity presented itself. And looks like it actually went at a higher risk time, to add to that!
Are we watching the same video? At what point (time stamp) did it "clearly did not go when the opportunity presented itself"?

Reactions: Yelobird
To those keeping score (under the previously proposed system), this is a failure. 0/1

Took excessive time and clearly did not go when the opportunity presented itself. And looks like it actually went at a higher risk time, to add to that!
I sort of see what you mean, towards the end where it feels like it could've gone but waited for another couple cars?

This was a partial failure for sure, maybe due to the weird starting position it got into:

This was the last one:

I have to say that, if the video showed FSD beta through the entire turn, then I am impressed. Turning onto the road with the truck in the middle lane is something that the current FSD beta would never do. Even right turns onto a multilane highway seem to require all lanes to be clear before proceeding.

But, of course, the turn could have been all manually driven.

Reactions: Matias
Are we watching the same video? At what point (time stamp) did it "clearly did not go when the opportunity presented itself"?
Had an easy five-second gap. Six second if you neglect an opportunity with traffic in a different lane.

Has to go in this situation.

Went with large truck on a five-second gap. If that is safe, the others are safe. Can’t have it both ways.

Feeling very good about my bet if that’s the margin they require. (The criteria I proposed fortunately clearly covered this case, as I knew it would be an issue.)

I thought it would be a close judgement call in some cases, but this one is not close.

By the way, it’s fine to not call this a failure, it’s just a failure by the clear criteria for that specific agreement. Caution is fine. Though I would prefer to not pull out and get passed by a massive truck.

(This was just for clip 3, I will look at the others now.)

527C049D-8663-4514-A61B-4CDF059DDDD8.png

7C695D1E-32E4-4B5E-B8BE-9D4DB0CEA564.jpeg

9F9B0962-3B59-41A7-8021-F94DA25F7059.png

97E03383-710D-4B9D-9C65-C53A998AFB1B.jpeg

I sort of see what you mean, towards the end where it feels like it could've gone but waited for another couple cars?

This was a partial failure for sure, maybe due to the weird starting position it got into:

This was the last one:
The last turn looked more like the current beta. The car waited for the car in the right lane to pass before turning into the lane despite the left lane being clear the whole time. But median positioning is definitely improved.

JulienW agree with you. @AlanSubie4Life assuming FSD initiated both crossing to the median and then moving into the high speed lane I thought FSD did well and the vast number of tweeter replies were also very positive. The pictures you shared don't reflect how fast cars were approaching which is something a driver would consider and FSD may have as well. Feels like your nitpicky here. How many times have you driven and thought to yourself you could have gone? I know I've done that many times. FSD should err on the side of caution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yelobird
Had an easy five-second gap. Six second if you neglect an opportunity with traffic in a different lane.

Has to go in this situation.

Went with large truck on a five-second gap. If that is safe, the others are safe. Can’t have it both ways.

Feeling very good about my bet if that’s the margin they require. (The criteria I proposed fortunately clearly covered this case, as I knew it would be an issue.)

I thought it would be a close judgement call in some cases, but this one is not close.

By the way, it’s fine to not call this a failure, it’s just a failure by the clear criteria for that specific agreement. Caution is fine. Though I would prefer to not pull out and get passed by a massive truck.

View attachment 832692
View attachment 832690

View attachment 832693

View attachment 832691
Not sure why you keep pedaling this as a bet. You proposed 20 rules to complete short of which way the wind was blowing and what color car passed by. The car made the difficult turn it couldn’t previously accomplish, game over. A bet is pass fail not pass fail with 40 out variables. Umphhh. I applaud the effort they made and suspect many of the fine tuning variables moving forward will need to be done in a similar fashion moving forward.

Not sure why you keep pedaling this as a bet. You proposed 20 rules to complete short of which way the wind was blowing and what color car passed by. The car made the difficult turn it couldn’t previously accomplish, game over. A bet is pass fail not pass fail with 40 out variables. Umphhh. I applaud the effort they made and suspect many of the fine tuning variables moving forward will need to be done in a similar fashion moving forward.
Any bets should be based on whether Chuck Cook says that the car passes or fails the ULT.

You proposed 20 rules to complete short of which way the wind was blowing and what color car passed by

Actually I think it was five, reduced to 4.
The car made the difficult turn it couldn’t previously accomplish, game over.

Again, just for that particular bet. You’re welcome to have different criteria. I want FSD to be useful and to drive like a confident and competent human driver.

I applaud the effort they made and suspect many of the fine tuning variables moving forward will need to be done in a similar fashion moving forward.
Looks to me to be substantially improved. The question is whether it will go without human intervention in a safe and timely manner at a high rate.