Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First impressions of 10.69.1.1, both good and bad:

• Did not stop three car lengths in advance of the first stop sign in my neighborhood as with previous versions. Off to a good start.
  • Made the highly occluded unprotected right turn leaving the neighborhood. There was a car coming that was a little close for comfort, but the car used a little muscle all on it's own so there was no problem. Brilliance? Or luck?
  • Took a high speed S-turn without crossing the center divider. First time that has happened. The car appeared to slow down a bit more than previous versions.
  • Changed lanes to the right lane just before nav announced a left turn at an upcoming light. The car did change back in time, but, why??
  • Treated yield sign at the entrance to a roundabout as a stop sign even with no traffic. Did this entering the roundabout from two different directions.
  • Failed halfway through a ULT that has a short (50 ft) connecting road between two one-way streets. It got across the first road perfectly, then tried to make a left turn halfway between the two roads, effectively trying to turn into the curb. Disconnect required.:(
  • Made an unprotected right onto a busy road with cross traffic a little close for comfort. However, the approaching car slowed to turn onto the road I turned off of, so it was actually a good turn. Brilliance? Or luck?
  • The car hesitated like it was going to stop as it approached a green light on a multi lane intersection. All lights were green. This was at an underpass, so there was a second set of lights just ahead, but they were also green. Some accelerator was required.
  • The car still slows a bit too much for a car ahead making a right turn. Seems improved, but not quite where it should be.
  • On a stretch where the car always tries to incorrectly get into a mid-block left turn lane, the car went straight! Once in a row, but a good sign for lane selection improvement.
Will be doing occluded ULTs and URTs tomorrow.

It’s curious that they pushed to a new big batch even as Elon says 69.2 comes in a week.

Not for me though.

Maybe they will push to 30%…. like one earlier release.
I called it yesterday.. I thought a big release was coming because they did the exact same thing last time..Expect a few more tonight then a massive dump tomorrow 🙄. This will give the team more time to release 69.2 without pissing off more people than they have to.

Last edited:
One thing the car did on 10.69.1.1 that I've never seen it do. As I was approaching a multilane intersection, I needed to move one lane to the left to make a turn. There were two cars just ahead of me in the left lane also approaching the intersection. As my car put on its turn signal, a third car raced into the space on my left, cutting off my lane change. My car suddenly accelerated, shot past the two cars ahead and dove into the left lane with plenty of time for all to stop safely at the light.

Digital cojones? Where did that come from?

Of course I have the download queued now that I left the state and my car is at the airport parking lot.

Speaking of which, I’m noticing around 3-4% phantom drain in just 6 hours which is insane. Cabin overheat protection and sentry mode are both off. Anyone else notice high phantom drain in 12.3.20 or any other theories on why such high phantom drain?
I've seen it show relatively rapid changes in SOC both down AND up when I leave it parked at an airport. I suspect it's factoring in temperature of... something? Ambient air? battery pack itself?

I took a ~5-day trip this summer and left it in a middle level of a parking garage in Detroit, and I swear it showed a higher SOC when I got back than when I left it.

Anyway, my advice is don't look at it for a couple of days when travelling. You'll get a much more accurate feel after a longer time window.

Reactions: Oil Freedom
Just got the build.

I only had time to do a round trip to the closest mall, which is only 6km away, but lots of tricky stuff. I used to have to take over 3 times to get there, and also 3 times coming back.

Today, going there took just one take over.

Not sure if FSD will ever get this since if you hug the left line, you are forced to do a fast S move just to make it to the left turn lane. Every human makes error there the first time. Really stupid design.

On what should have been the second take over, it actually made it to the right lane just in time! Another brain-dead design as lane signs are only visible very close to the interchange. Gap was there so there was no challenge today, but I wonder if it will do it successfully on a busier day. Failure rate used to be 100%.

And lastly, it used to drive right in the middle of 4 lane local road with no lane marks, because this is a new subdivision. This time, it actually drove slightly away from the center. I would drive another 2ft or so towards the right side, but acceptable now.

Coming back, it had to do a creep based right turn on red, and it was busy. Not as smooth as what I would have done, but it actually succeeded! There were lots of cars passing by quickly, people, bike and dogs crossing. Nice.

All turns are massive improvements in terms of smoothness.

I do believe now my utilization in cities will go up from 70% to 85% easily!

Last edited:
I got 2022.20.11 (10.69.1.1) today and so far it's FAR MORE DANGERIOUS than 10.12.2 based on today's drives so far.

Making a left turn at four way intersection it drove into the CROSSWALK, went straight while in the crosswalk and then made a wide left turn through the opposing traffic left lane, which luckily didn't have a car the waiting for light to change. It has never done this at this location or with any prior beta.

While in the left most lane it randomly decided it wanted to be in the far right lane. It sharply turned the wheel right at a 45 degree angle and started heading straight toward the sidewalk and buildings. It make this move across three lanes of traffic all at once. Then at last min it turned the wheel back left sharply to center itself back into traffic. Never had this happen at this location or with any recent betas, though the behavior has happened before it's been a long time/

At uncontrolled residential intersection it just sat there for 3 min stating creeping while in the middle of the road with no traffic in any direction and clear visibility. This is not new for beta but it has never had a problem with this intersection in the hundreds of times it's done this specific intersection before.

It's certainly is far more aggressive and pushing through challenges more.

I got 2022.20.11 (10.69.1.1) today and so far it's FAR MORE DANGERIOUS than 10.12.2 based on today's drives so far.

The only thing that makes a release more or less dangerous is your willingness to trust it. I guess this is a good lesson that even if FSD has done a turn before 1,000 times, you need to reset your expectations after major releases.

How many of you here with a Model S have gotten the new software? Twitter posts the past few days all seem to be screenshots of Model 3’s and Y’s (perhaps that’s just because there are simply more people who own them compared to the S now?)

Well its on my legacy X but I am not on the Teslafi thing
To be clear and not to confuse others, your vehicle is part of the "early" rollout including others who received FSD Beta without needing to be added via Safety Score. This relatively fixed group gets FSD Beta updates differently from those who get later iterations as part of what seems to be a random rollout, e.g., 10% or 25% random selection.

But what you might be getting at is that there doesn't seem to be a technical restriction for legacy S/X to randomly be selected as your vehicle runs 10.69 fine. So it seems like there might be a rollout (mis-?)configuration issue that hasn't allowed these vehicles to get 10.69.1.1.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
How many of you here with a Model S have gotten the new software? Twitter posts the past few days all seem to be screenshots of Model 3’s and Y’s (perhaps that’s just because there are simply more people who own them compared to the S now?)
Mostly 3, then Y, then S, then X
Like the numbers deployed then.
[edit]
On TeslaFi
4k approx Model S & X
11k approx Model 3
3.5k approx Model Y

Last edited:
Reactions: MtotheC