Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As much as I love to have this 69.2 right now I wish I could also have the update that shows the tire pressure in my Tesla app. I got a tire pressure dropped alert yesterday when I was driving and came home and inflated it. But Costco or any of the local shops will not patch/plug it even tho they said it can be plugged easily. Costco told me today that they no longer plug it as these tires have foam in them. Al the sops tell me they can only replace the tires.

As much as I love to have this 69.2 right now I wish I could also have the update that shows the tire pressure in my Tesla app. I got a tire pressure dropped alert yesterday when I was driving and came home and inflated it. But Costco or any of the local shops will not patch/plug it even tho they said it can be plugged easily. Costco told me today that they no longer plug it as these tires have foam in them. Al the sops tell me they can only replace the tires.
I’ve plugged two of mine, no problem. I don’t understand why the foam is “an issue” with plugging.

I’ve plugged two of mine, no problem. I don’t understand why the foam is “an issue” with plugging.
Costco told me it is a liability issue. I may have to watch a Youtube video and plug it. I have to pull it out as it is nice and secure.
PXL_20220910_193106223.jpg

They have to trim out the foam area to patch. I have had 5 nails in my passenger rear tire in the last year. None in any other tire. I had to buy 3 new tires already 🙄
2 of the patches didn't hold. 1 was fixed after a 2nd attempt, the other new tire.

They have to trim out the foam area to patch. I have had 5 nails in my passenger rear tire in the last year. None in any other tire. I had to buy 3 new tires already 🙄
2 of the patches didn't hold. 1 was fixed after a 2nd attempt, the other new tire.

Sounds like they only patch from the inside; which yes is complicated by all the foam.

Plugging from the outside you can do yourself and doesn’t involve having to mess with the foam.

Seems most tire shops won’t plug but patch; I which makes since as a patch is more reliable and more permanent, but not by a massive margin.

Last edited: