Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not seeing "phantom braking". In the areas where I have had issues on .1 and still have on .2 is what I would call phantom regen... meaning the car lets off the accelerator, but does not apply the brakes. Same effect. The car slows for about 1 or 2 seconds but not greatly enough to freak out anyone behind me. Improvement still needed.

they are called "whimsical hesitations."

@aronth5 you probably know this, but Kim Paquette is based in Rhode Island. Of all the popular FSDb youtubers, her road conditions most closely resemble ours and is more representative of how FSDb would behave for us.
Agree, I always make it a point to watch her videos. She does make it a point to thru some of the more difficult streets however which Tesla needs to spend some time on. Unfortunately the cows weren't too bright when the road layout was created in much of New England.

Reactions: nvx1977
7/8 (#3 a clear failure), tempted to give it 6/8 (attempt 2 and 3). I’m going to study #2 some more. Arguably it was in position and should have gone, with a very large gap. But a tough call for sure.

Hopefully got the count right.

We’ll see! Will heavy traffic give @Daniel in SD the win, with a perfect score? The suspense builds!

(Note I am not watching the other videos; there may be some ULTs there too that count, someone else can tally those if relevant.)

Some VR headsets do the same thing. More resolution straight ahead and less to the periphery.
Ha. That's just the resolution of the sensor. If you want real fun, consider peoples' spinal cords. For a considerable depth starting from the brain and working its way half-way down the back, there's grey matter in there. As in, brain material that can do processing.

My understanding is that when keeping one's balance when walking/running/etc., information on the orientation of the body, which way is down (it's not just the semicircular canals in the ear that provide position information, it's all those body position and pressure sensor nerves), the grey matter in the spinal cord does its bit to keep us upright. (Besides the part where, if one's finger gets singed, the withdrawal-jerk reflex isn't from the brain, it's a faster response from the spinal cord.)

Learning how to ride a bicycle or ice skate isn't just training one's brain on how to move and not fall: It's all about training that spinal cord grey matter. Which is closer to the extremities, the sensors in the extremities, and the muscles in there than the knob on top.

Think: Pre- and parallel-processing, anyone? For us, there's very good reasons that the eyes and optic nerves are as close as they are to the brain (i.e., they can't get any closer). But, doing parallel processing or pre-processing is just putting more CPUs on top of the situation. Fun.

Last edited:
It's possible that the superhuman perception picked up something that Chuck and the cameras could not. I think we should count that as a life saved by FSD.

It’s funny because if traffic had been slightly closer on the far side, I would argue that it actually did the right thing (and what I would do), though it is not ok per the terms.

Specifically: with traffic this light, why bother rolling to the median and waiting, if you can just wait for an open gap and blow through it all at once? In this particular case though if it had just gone at 3:30, it actually could have done that…Traffic did not arrive in the near lanes on the far side until 3:37 - an eternity.

Anyway I am sure your chances are good. Note that its crossing speed still appears to be limited to 12mph (when it knows it is going to wait in the median). Sad. That is way too slow (especially given how slowly it attains the speed) to make this workable.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Last edited:
Something that I haven't seen anyone else mention is how long it takes to slow to the posted speed after a speed limit change. I often drive on 2-lane highways that pass through small towns. The speed limit can change from 55 to 45 to 35 and even 25 in short order. FSD beta (10.12.2 still for me) takes a very long time to slow down. Sometimes I can be through the town completely before it reaches the lower speed limit. That is a very good way to get a ticket!

As a result, I typically have to disengage every time I enter one of these little towns. Once I slow the car down, then I can reengage.
Drives me batty as I live in such a small town, and my commute has me passing through 3 others, twice a day…the cops all have brand new cars….so you know they write a lot of tickets

TeslaFi had still installs for last 12-18 hours and now all of a sudden it’s 60!

Let’s see if this keeps ramping or or levels off.

Good sign though.
B8C5D2A8-E4C3-4B75-903B-663D00DA74A2.png