Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like it has less to do with FSDb's performance in the vids, and more how the person sets up the context and describes what's happening.

Let's be real, watching a car drive is almost as interesting as watching paint dry. It really is up to the person to make the footage interesting. Production value is also important. The people who have invested in better gear, HDMI-direct connection with their screen, and presenting multiple views in a single frame will get more viewership.

I like to watch vids at faster speeds, usually 1.5x or sometimes 2x if the person talks too slow. But FSDb videos I have to watch at 1x to get a real sense of car's reaction times. So if I'm forced to watch a 1x video, the content better be good.

This is why I like Chris’ videos on “Dirty Tesla” so much. I really like his commentary.

GSP

Turns are so much smoother and more confident. A largely unmarked and winding road to a local park proved much better at staying on the proper side of the road, although it either slowed down to a crawl or stopped completely for all the pedestrian crossings, despite no pedestrians being nearby. General reactions seem to be improved, be it from stop signs or traffic lights.

Last edited:
East coast here.
Just did my first 2 drives on 69.2 and I have to remember not to judge a new release right away since both drives were terrible. Worst drives in over 6 months.
Lots of phantom braking, wrong lane selections, round about disasters (x2) and pretty much anything that could go wrong did. After working fine on earlier builds still rockets from one turn to another in my neighborhood when the turns are a tenth of a mile apart. I guess I'll go back to not enabling FSD until I leave my neighborhood which I began doing after receiving 10.12.2.

I did see a couple of areas of improvements. Stayed right on unmarked road and was more confident on several turns.
Bad initial drives has happened before so I'll be optimistic FSD will improve for me.
Tried the rotary again in both directions and both times the car stopped and I had to push the accelerator since there were cars right behind me. The car also stopped both times it approached the rotary where the exit ramp joins industrial ave off the highway. In 10.12.2 FSD would slow down but now it stops.
Google Maps

10.69.2 Rotary Screen Shot.png

Just got 10.69.2 last night. Had to take son to dentist. Put in address. Simple drive, I would've taken the same route. Ok so we get on parkway. Go for a while then there's a split. Left for parkway right for expressway (which is mapped). Had to override. Then had to get off expressway, never signaled. had to override, then went back to FSD, it would have to move 4 lanes to get into right turn. Had to override. Go back to FSD, work truck in right lane, barely made it and right mirror hit cloth orange diamond flap saying men working. Almost there, go through green light in intersection and then it wants to signal right into oncoming lane. On the way back it REFUSED to exit off parkway to different parkway and then did not signal nor exit near my home address. It DOES NOT notice school speed limit signs, tries to make a right on red even though there are signs that say no right on red and it STILL takes forever to resume at stop sign even though there are no other cars in sight. It's like when I took my road test. Elon should be ashamed especially raising the price. It only seems to work well on streets doing lefts and rights. Highway exiting -, NOPE. Maybe in 5 years

I'm going to suggest, as I always do, especially for those having problems after 10.69.2 install, to do the following after the update is finished:

1) Wash your car (make sure it's dry afterwards)
2) Reboot your car (I use the brake pedal method)
3) Recalibrate the cameras (best on a bright sunny day)
4) Set up your settings again after calibration

I look forward to seeing how 69.2 fairs on my commute.

Just got 10.69.2 last night. Had to take son to dentist. Put in address. Simple drive, I would've taken the same route. Ok so we get on parkway. Go for a while then there's a split. Left for parkway right for expressway (which is mapped). Had to override. Then had to get off expressway, never signaled. had to override, then went back to FSD, it would have to move 4 lanes to get into right turn. Had to override. Go back to FSD, work truck in right lane, barely made it and right mirror hit cloth orange diamond flap saying men working. Almost there, go through green light in intersection and then it wants to signal right into oncoming lane. On the way back it REFUSED to exit off parkway to different parkway and then did not signal nor exit near my home address. It DOES NOT notice school speed limit signs, tries to make a right on red even though there are signs that say no right on red and it STILL takes forever to resume at stop sign even though there are no other cars in sight. It's like when I took my road test. Elon should be ashamed especially raising the price. It only seems to work well on streets doing lefts and rights. Highway exiting -, NOPE. Maybe in 5 years
🔥🔥🔥

I'm going to suggest, as I always do, especially for those having problems after 10.69.2 install, to do the following after the update is finished:

1) Wash your car (make sure it's dry afterwards)
2) Reboot your car (I use the brake pedal method)
3) Recalibrate the cameras (best on a bright sunny day)
4) Set up your settings again after calibration

I look forward to seeing how 69.2 fairs on my commute.
I've never done any of those things in 5 years of driving and 100 updates, and never an issue. :cool: