Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has nothing to do with the brakes or regen it's simply how uncomfortable it is to go from 0-25/30 and back to zero in such a short distance to make turns.
It’s like Tesla’s godawful adaptive cruise control in bumper to bumper traffic. The jalopy in front of me inches forward and my car hits the accelerator like it wants to play plaid only to slam on the brakes. Rinse, repeat.

Have any of the autopilot team members ever used ACC from, like, any other premium automaker?

Moving a quote as to not anger the mods:

This is different. My FSD is just upgraded from non-Beta FSD to 10.69.2.2 (2022.20.17). However, I do not have Beta when I test drove it just now. The Model Y is one of those that are "new" (see quote below, same build). I tried thumb wheel reboot, still the same as before, no change.

"According to Musk the new testers will be added with software update 2022.20.17 which contains FSD Beta 10.69.2.2. This version started rolling out to employees last night and began expanding further to external testers this morning, including to some owners in Canada."

One of 2 possibilities: I have a hardware issue to be resolved (no errors anywhere), or Tesla is holding off on "new" releases? Or?

@SOULPEDL did you make sure to enable FSD Beta in the Autopilot menu after installation? Maybe it's changed since you last had Beta, but there's a Switch in the Autopilot menu where you have to turn it on after receiving 2022.20.17.

Anyone else having a problem where your car's mic doesn't work since 10.69.2.1 ?

On both 10.69.2.1 and 10.69.2.2 , it doesn't hear any voice commands , I can't reply to texts with my voice, and when on the phone, nobody can hear me, but I can hear them.

I was hoping that 10.69.2.2 would have fixed the problem, but if it's not widespread, I'll have to reach out to service.
Thanks in advance....
I haven’t had this exactly but I have found that the speech recognition is worse than it was. I used to be able to just say “fold mirrors” and it would get it immediately and work. Now that is met with “play voyager?”. cannot find anything to match your request, or something else. annoying.

Would like to just report that FSD Beta 10.69 is still garbage in NYC. Can't go more than a few hundred feet before needing a disengagement.

Can confirm its no way near primetime for "fsd city streets" and will definitely not be by years end.

We have many years to go unfortunately.
In all fairness, I don't think I could go more than a few hundred feet without disengaging in NYC!

Moving a quote as to not anger the mods:

@SOULPEDL did you make sure to enable FSD Beta in the Autopilot menu after installation? Maybe it's changed since you last had Beta, but there's a Switch in the Autopilot menu where you have to turn it on after receiving 2022.20.17.
:rolleyes: Lol, thanks. I totally forgot. It's been so long since I went through this phase.

Reactions: willow_hiller
FSD does not appear to be responding properly to my steering wheel inputs. I'm driving along with FSD and I get a warning to keep my hands on the wheel. They have been on the wheel, but I wiggle the wheel and FSD keeps nagging. Sometimes it will stop nagging after a couple of seconds, but today it timed out and gave me a strike. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Anyone else having a problem where your car's mic doesn't work since 10.69.2.1 ?

On both 10.69.2.1 and 10.69.2.2 , it doesn't hear any voice commands , I can't reply to texts with my voice, and when on the phone, nobody can hear me, but I can hear them.

I was hoping that 10.69.2.2 would have fixed the problem, but if it's not widespread, I'll have to reach out to service.
Thanks in advance....
Yes I can not text. Wi-Fi and blue tooth issues Since 69.2

on my prior MS the mic did not work for almost two years. I upgraded from MCU-1 to MCU-2 and it started workin. I fought with Tesla and finally got a refund under warrant.

I lost steering wheel push button with 10.4 beta. Turned out switch had failed at same time.

FSD does not appear to be responding properly to my steering wheel inputs. I'm driving along with FSD and I get a warning to keep my hands on the wheel. They have been on the wheel, but I wiggle the wheel and FSD keeps nagging. Sometimes it will stop nagging after a couple of seconds, but today it timed out and gave me a strike. Has anyone else had this problem?
This is normal. Keep your hands on the wheel and torque it properly.

This is a skill. If you practice it you will improve. Occasional disengagements due to wheel torque, sometimes when attempting to satisfy the nag, are normal, but will become less common as you get better at it. Some versions of FSD will adjust the requirements and you will have to adapt.

I keep my left hand firmly torquing the wheel, supported by my side at the elbow, and then lightly hold the wheel with my right hand, supported by arm rest or my body. 9 and 3 position or thereabouts is best. You need to be careful not to cancel the torque with your right hand. So only one can be torquing; the other needs to be neutral (or applying a torque the same direction but that is unnecessarily complicated).

On tighter turns I often let the wheel slip through my hands while maintaining position and much lighter torque, but I provide firm torque during longer more gradual turns.

Lower hand positions do not provide you with the lever arm and precision required to quickly and accurately override the steering (which will be required at some point so you need to be ready).

If you’re not getting rid of the blue flashing just disengage and try again, and calibrate yourself on what is required. If you get a firm warning, just stop using FSD. No need for a strike.

Here is an example of why you keep your hands on the wheel (10.12):

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff N
This is normal. Keep your hands on the wheel and torque it properly.

This is a skill. If you practice it you will improve. Occasional disengagements due to wheel torque, sometimes when attempting to satisfy the nag, are normal, but will become less common as you get better at it.

I keep my left hand firmly torquing the wheel, supported by my side at the elbow, and then lightly hold the wheel with my right hand, supported by arm rest or my body. 9 and 3 or thereabouts is best.

If you keep your hands on the wheel and torque it, you're probably going to get a ton of disengagements because the wheel is not going to move exactly the way you would, sometimes it's a little jerkier or will turn wider than you would, etc... I prefer to just hover/keep light grip and then do the little tug when nag comes on

If you keep your hands on the wheel and torque it, you're probably going to get a ton of disengagements because the wheel is not going to move exactly the way you would, sometimes it's a little jerkier or will turn wider than you would, etc... I prefer to just hover/keep light grip and then do the little tug when nag comes on
I have had FSD for over a year and never had this problem before the last few updates. I mostly keep my left hand at the 8:00 position and wiggle occasionally. It is almost like FSD has a large time lag.

You’d think so but not the case actually. As I said, on turns I provide more latitude - this is just an acquired skill. I usually only have disengagements when FSD does something wrong (with the exception of a number of them with 10.69.1.1 when they changed the torque requirements a lot). Every now and again I torque a disengagement, but usually that’s just because I made an error. Seeing any nags at all annoys me and is distracting, so I prefer not to see any. The goal is zero nags.

I mostly keep my left hand at the 8:00 position and wiggle occasionally. It is almost like FSD has a large time lag.
They can change the requirements with different versions. I have not had a problem with 10.69.2.2 yet. You may think you are satisfying the requirement but you are not, but this is most likely something you just need to calibrate yourself to.

I’m not ruling out any issue on a particular car, but I haven’t seen any issues. I see the prelim nag (no flashing blue) from time to time and then it immediately flashes off.

On more rare occasions I will see the flashing blue. This does seem more common now in 10.69.X so I think it is possible I just need to relearn the requirement (which they have probably changed).

But seems like a non-issue as long as I keep my hands on the wheel.

Last edited:
Anyone else still on 69.2? I don't really care because it's just a minor release, but it's weird to me that my Model 3 is still on 2022.20.15 (while my Model X was just added to FSDb with 2022.20.17).

Around 15% (560) of the FSD cars on Teslafi are still on .15, so I'm not alone. It's just weird because when they initially did the 69.2.2 push to existing testers, the number of 'pending' installs on Teslafi almost exactly matched the total number on 69.2.

Would like to just report that FSD Beta 10.69 is still garbage in NYC. Can't go more than a few hundred feet before needing a disengagement.

Can confirm its no way near primetime for "fsd city streets" and will definitely not be by years end.

We have many years to go unfortunately.
I can confirm the garbage with 69.2.2. Fsdb degrading on the local roads and total regression.
It was better with 69.1 and 69.1.1 had few blunders that I could live with.

I did a test drive around 3 pm when our roads start to get clogged. With 2.2, it tried to make a right turn after the stop sign in the neighborhood and there were cars on the other side and these streets don't have any markings. The yoke had insane jerks and almost went for that red BMW on the opposite lane (a neighbor). Disengaged quickly.

The turns are awful and I cannot trust it. In one of protected left turns, a very busy intersection with lot of traffic, and people entering the beltway on the extreme lane, cars cutting in the last minute, my car turned left, jerked, and was traveling in the middle of two lanes and people honking like crazy. Had to disengage.

On the mall ring road the car put the blinker and did not move and when the driver on the opposite side was about to turn my car started accelerate. Of course, he did the finger salute. Embarassing drive overall.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Of course, he did the finger salute. Embarassing drive overall.
Just disengage before any honking! Disengage the moment it does anything remotely wrong or it looks like it might do something wrong. This is the way.

Makes for a stress-free experience. And there is only upside.

Remember that you are driving, not the car.

It’s not really possible to use it in heavy traffic yet unless it is a trivial driving situation.

Last edited:
Just did my first short drive on FSD Beta. Maybe my threshold for amazement is much lower than you all, but having come from base AP just a month ago, I'm very impressed.

The FSD visualizations have got to be worth a couple thousand dollars by themselves. It's honestly incredible seeing dozens of cars and pedestrians visualized all at once on the full screen. And they do genuinely point to the system being capable of perception beyond human capabilities. Several times I thought it was erroneously displaying pedestrians on the side of the road, only to do a double-take and realize there really were people that I hadn't seen.

The only thing I wish Tesla could document or make clearer for us is exactly what the system limitations are now. My only accidental disengagement was on a right turn on red, due to me gripping the steering wheel too tightly. But my first right turn has a "No right turn on red while pedestrians are present" sign, and FSDb came to a full stop and wouldn't continue. I still have no clue if it was trying to obey the sign, or stopping for another reason.

Do we have a community-compiled list of things we know are not presently coded into FSDb? U-turns, reading certain signs, etc?

😑 "this is the way..."
I should also mention for new FSD Beta users to practice disengagements. It’s a skill!

Particularly practice both steering-only disengagements, in mid-turn, as well as brake disengagements. And stalk disengagements (the easiest, but transitions to the wrong gear are possible!). In varied scenarios.

It is good to get the muscle memory, on a steering disengagement, to understand that TACC needs to be subsequently disengaged manually. This takes practice, and multiple repetitions, like most things on a new car.

It should all be second nature and practicing the machine-assist-to-human control transition is important for safe drives.