Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta stops short of my destination

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It stops with the destination in view.........awaiting further instructions.......

Attachments

• scaled.spts_bullfight_cl_t653.jpg
    scaled.spts_bullfight_cl_t653.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Reactions: beachmiles
I noticed that when FSD Beta reaches the destination in the nav, the car just comes to a complete stop. The problem is the destination in the nav is still outside the actual destination. For example, when I enter Meijer's in the nav, FSD Beta will say I arrived at my destination and come to a complete stop when I am still on the road leading up to the parking lot. FSD Beta will not actually drive into the Meijer's parking lot. Similarly, when I enter my home address which is a house right off of a main road, FSD Beta just stops in the middle of the 55 mph main road and says I have arrived. So in both cases, I have to disengage FSD Beta earlier and finish the trip manually since I don't want the car to stop in the middle of traffic. I know FSD Beta won't park itself but I thought it would at least get you closer to your destination before stopping or notify the driver to take over rather than just stop in the middle of traffic. Will this be fixed when Tesla implements "Reverse Summon"? I am assuming when Reverse Summon is implemented, it will take care of completing the trip?
I was expecting the car to drive in , place my double chesse burger+fries order, drive in to the restaurant close to my chair, and pay the bill to the waiter, I paid 10,000 CAD for the FDS beta, this is the least it can do.

Reactions: PACEMD
I was expecting the car to drive in , place my double chesse burger+fries order, drive in to the restaurant close to my chair, and pay the bill to the waiter, I paid 10,000 CAD for the FDS beta, this is the least it can do.
It definitely drives me into the parking lot of my local super market, but not in other places.
does it bag the groceries for you?....thx

• Funny
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I noticed that when FSD Beta reaches the destination in the nav, the car just comes to a complete stop. The problem is the destination in the nav is still outside the actual destination. For example, ..... Similarly, when I enter my home address which is a house right off of a main road, FSD Beta just stops in the middle of the 55 mph main road and says I have arrived.
yup, that is the way it is supposed to work in the current version. It won't actually pull into the final destination (in many cases). HOWEVER, I am surprised the car just stopped in the road if I understand you correctly. It should disengage without stopping. Are you sure it is not the regen that is slowing down the car ?

yup, that is the way it is supposed to work in the current version. It won't actually pull into the final destination (in many cases). HOWEVER, I am surprised the car just stopped in the road if I understand you correctly. It should disengage without stopping. Are you sure it is not the regen that is slowing down the car ?

I don't think it is simply regen. I get the notice on the screen where it counts down to my destination, 100 ft, 50 ft, 0 ft even though I am still on the main road. The car slows down and stops when it says "0 ft to destination". I have to disengage manually. Of course, when there is traffic behind me, I disengage manually before the car comes to a full stop for safety reasons because I don't want the car to stop in the middle of the road with traffic behind me.

I don't think it is simply regen. I get the notice on the screen where it counts down to my destination, 100 ft, 50 ft, 0 ft even though I am still on the main road. The car slows down and stops when it says "0 ft to destination". I have to disengage manually. Of course, when there is traffic behind me, I disengage manually before the car comes to a full stop for safety reasons because I don't want the car to stop in the middle of the road with traffic behind me.
Ok, my MX does the same thing yet does not stop. It goes to regen, so I just put my foot on the accelerator to turn and plug in to my house. In my case, it is a residential street, 25 mph.

Ok, my MX does the same thing yet does not stop. It goes to regen, so I just put my foot on the accelerator to turn and plug in to my house. In my case, it is a residential street, 25 mph.

In my case, the car wants to stop on a multi lane 45 mph road instead of turning into my residential lane. That's why I disengage early because I don't want the car suddenly slowing down and stopping on a 45 mph road with traffic! Ideally, it would be nice for FSD beta to slow down and make the turn onto the residential lane but it can't.

Here is my road and my house. FSD Beta wants to stop at the red X instead of turning onto the side lane to go to my house.

Bcp5Uug.png

I know Elon recently mentioned that they are working on being able to drop a pin on the map and FSD Beta will go to the pin. So presumably, I would be able to drop a pin at my driveway and FSD beta would drive all the way to my driveway, assuming it can slow down and make the 90 degree turn on the unmarked residential lane.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I noticed that when FSD Beta reaches the destination in the nav, the car just comes to a complete stop. The problem is the destination in the nav is still outside the actual destination. For example, when I enter Meijer's in the nav, FSD Beta will say I arrived at my destination and come to a complete stop when I am still on the road leading up to the parking lot. FSD Beta will not actually drive into the Meijer's parking lot. Similarly, when I enter my home address which is a house right off of a main road, FSD Beta just stops in the middle of the 55 mph main road and says I have arrived. So in both cases, I have to disengage FSD Beta earlier and finish the trip manually since I don't want the car to stop in the middle of traffic. I know FSD Beta won't park itself but I thought it would at least get you closer to your destination before stopping or notify the driver to take over rather than just stop in the middle of traffic. Will this be fixed when Tesla implements "Reverse Summon"? I am assuming when Reverse Summon is implemented, it will take care of completing the trip?
FSD beta is still more like a driving assistant function and work in process. I would say it will take some time to take care of complete arrival to the destination (ex, parking lot or the exact point of destination)

FSD beta is still more like a driving assistant function and work in process. I would say it will take some time to take care of complete arrival to the destination (ex, parking lot or the exact point of destination)
The problem stems from the navigation using the street address for a destination. If a destination has a big parking lot, you can try creating a waypoint in the lot and that may help.

Reactions: khs8088