Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD now $99 a month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may want to check with people who bought FSD and then sold their car back to Tesla.

Word is Tesla was/is valuing FSD at basically $0 on trade-in.

What do they say ... the past does not equal the future. If you believe that the resale value of FSD in the future is $0 as when you sold a Tesla back to Tesla in the past, then proceed with your own calculations by all means.

Just FYI, EAP looks like it is now $4,000 to purchase and I do not see a subscription option.
Where was that from?

I still see:
IMG_1602.png
IMG_1601.png

So the choice is to buy FSD for a one time fee of $12,000, or pay $99/month. Let's see - $12,000 earning 5% provides $600/year in interest, or $50/month. So Tesla is saying that I can keep my $12,000 in the bank (or where ever I choose), currently earn 5% in an insured money market fund, and net pay $49 to have FSD, correct?

I feel badly for the early adapters who paid the full price, but on the other hand as a Tesla Model Y owner who has seen the price of my car now $16,000 less than the cost paid in 2022, it seems as if Tesla is trying to "give back" something to prior owners without addressing it directly.

I, for one, appreciate the gesture, and will subscribe going forward when my trial ends at the end of the month.

• Disagree
Reactions: TSLY
If you don't put anything in the nav then pull once gets you the equivalent of TACC as far as I have noticed.

I assume you are talking about with FSD. If you do not put in a destination, and enable FSD you get TACC with a better version of “Autosteer.” What you are missing is the car will not automatically navigate to your destination. TACC by itself is just “cruise control.”

Reactions: boonedocks
I assume you are talking about with FSD....
I typed an answer but deleted because I wasn't sure what they were saying.....but

If you have FSDS enabled and you you do a single pull without a destination in Navigation you get FSDS (not TACC). FSDS just drives manly straight until an intersection and then it decides to turn one way or the other. It will kind of randomly FSDS drive around (in a city) but in rural or long roads it will just continue straight until it has to turn. But it is FSDS.

Reactions: JHCCAZ
You may want to check with people who bought FSD and then sold their car back to Tesla.

Word is Tesla was/is valuing FSD at basically $0 on trade-in.

No one is valuing it highly on the open market, so why would Tesla value it highly on trades? They certainly don’t have to.

Of course there is an argument that it keeps people in the ecosystem and churn of new cars…. So there is value in them doing it.

But as long as the population doesn’t think it’s going to happen and it’s all speculation, they don’t need to value it highly.

you get FSDS (not TACC)

In trying to explain this to people it is easy for them to get confused.

Without FSD you can have
  • TACC or
  • TACC + Autosteer + NoA (if you have EAP)
In order to understand what FSD is, it is best when explaining that FSD is really TACC + AutoSteer (ie.g nav on highways and city streets) - there is no TACC only option.

Now of course FSD is now a single stack in which the components have been merged. So while your statement is technically correct, mine is “functionally” correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: boonedocks