Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Request button goes live tonight!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the "Button" firmware and now waiting in the queue...

FSDbeta_button.jpg

So basically don’t use AP while getting your score. It will tank half of these scores itself due to the sad abilities of the system.

I pushed the button….. now I wait for Tesla to deem me worthy.
I think I’ll turn forward collision warning to a low as possible since the system freaks out with some trash barrels, trees, and occasionally ghosts.
Tesla have a support page just for it that has some useful information.
Looks like AP counts as good and FCW ignores your setting and always uses medium. FCW is also ignored when using AP, so its only the blaring alerts that count ;)

Got back from a local route around the city, about 15 miles of all types of streets and I activated AP 8 times. I had several interventions as follows:

1. A 6 wheel truck pulled out in front of me and I had to hit the brakes. He was making a left turn into my lane from a stop sign.
2. I had 6 speed bumps while in AP going posted speed limit of 35 and 40 mph. Tesla AP does not yet detect speed bumps even though mine are well marked and posted yellow 15 mph. I had to tap the brake to allow regen braking to slow me to 15mph.
3. Nearing home a motorcycle pulled out from a gas station and I slammed on the brakes to prevent hitting him. He saw me and gave me the middle finger. I followed him for another block and I lost him while stopped at a red light. he ran the red light during a short break in the cross traffic.

I thought sure I was going to score low but this is what I got:

IMG_2276.PNG

The update to the safe driver score in the app only showed up after I ended my drive and exited the car. I rebooted the Tesla app and it was there. Lots of great data in that app. I like it!

Only thing I changed in my original settings was follow distance to 5. I had it set for 3 before.

Reactions: USCGDAV
Got back from a local route around the city, about 15 miles of all types of streets a
From what I've seen, if several of your incidents happened while AP was engaged it isn't logged at all. After signing up for the queue, I went for a 10 mile drive but almost all on AP. The safety app said I had not yet driven far enough yet.

Also it appears things like follow distance (AP), lane change aggressiveness, AEB setting are not relevant to a good safety score. Think I'm only in for slow mode and 85 MPH speed limit to avoid an AP hit.

I have multiple cars in my app. My wife & I are sharing one Tesla account. (Very handy)
Not sure how the Beta FSD Request will function in our situation.
Anyone with a similar situation that has requested FSD Beta?
Please chime in. Thanks
My assumption is that the score is for any driver in the car that it was requested in.
Is the scoring in the app car specific?

What is Aggressive Tuning?. It sounds a bit fast.
It's Aggressive TuRning.

All spelled out here: Determining Safety Score

And just so everyone is aware, any event that would have triggered a ding on your safety score will not ding your score if you were on autopilot at the time. The only exception is a forced autopilot disengagement (caused by ignored warnings to "Apply Slight Pressure to the Wheel").

"The Safety Score formula ignores any events (not just Forward Collision Warnings) that occur while Autopilot is engaged and appropriately utilized."

So use AP as much as possible.

From what I've seen, if several of your incidents happened while AP was engaged it isn't logged at all. After signing up for the queue, I went for a 10 mile drive but almost all on AP. The safety app said I had not yet driven far enough yet.

Also it appears things like follow distance (AP), lane change aggressiveness, AEB setting are not relevant to a good safety score. Think I'm only in for slow mode and 85 MPH speed limit to avoid an AP hit.
Thanks for your opinion. Just got back from a 90 minute drive on the interstate and documented one phantom hard braking at an entrance ramp. Yes that incident was scored! A number of people claim that AP is not scored but yet I see many cases where it is on the highway. Maybe it doesn't when using AP at lower speeds. More experience will tell.

I also got dinged for a number of follow too close and while my distance is set to 5 seconds, the calculator scored me on that while in AP at 65 speed limit and I believe these events occurred when a speeding car cut in right in front of me and TACC began to slow to increase the distance. I never have either of these events in this test drive while driving in manual mode going to and from the interstate, about 1.5 miles.

Reactions: KArnold
How do you know it was that event, and not somewhere else? Like maybe you stopped too hard when parking at the end of the drive?
I think I would know that. Besides, I never had my foot on the brake pedal the entire trip, I used the regen braking exclusively. The hard braking incident was during AP and at 65mph. I was surprised to see it in the scoring. Same with unsafe following that had to be with AP/ NOA on when someone cut in my lane in front of me. All with AP activated. I'll just chalk it up to this calculator is still in beta and not perfect. 0 +0 = 2. They need to fix that. LOL!

IMG_2278.PNG

I have multiple cars in my app. My wife & I are sharing one Tesla account. (Very handy)
Not sure how the Beta FSD Request will function in our situation.
Anyone with a similar situation that has requested FSD Beta?
Please chime in. Thanks
My assumption is that the score is for any driver in the car that it was requested in.
Is the scoring in the app car specific?
Same here, but my wife says she doesn't want beta FSD. I only added FSD because when I drive the Y I want the experience the same as my S. She doesn't even like AP much. However, I may add it later. I know she is curious.

What I did see in the app is that the driver profile is set in the app so as long as you have the right driver profile active in the car your driving record won't be contaminated with a Guest or your other drivers. If they activate your profile then it could be contaminated. There is also a trash can to delete the trip. Dig around in the app and you'll see what I'm talking about.

having said that- the info seems to contradict it:

How does my Safety Score work if I have more than one vehicle?
Your Safety Score is vehicle specific. If you have more than one Tesla vehicle, each one of your Tesla vehicles will have its own Safety Score.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniellane