Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V11 Discussion - First Released 11/11/22 at 11:11PM - Maybe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(moderator note: Added maybe to the title. This may be an alpha or beta release, so “release” is relative. Stay tuned.)

We finally have confirmation of the release of FSD V11. This presumably is single stack; we’ll see, as the question was left unanswered. I guess it will still be called FSD Beta V11?

002905FC-FC4B-4346-9970-AF2BA0758CE4.jpeg

🤯 ( 🔥 )

Last edited by a moderator:
"FSD branch is now up to date with the production branch" Does that mean going forward that FSD beta will be integrated into production firmware, or will we continue with the separate FSD and production branches?
EDIT: Upon rereading your post looks you are might be asking if this is a general release to everyone. That would be almost certainly a NO. It is Beta testers ONLY software release.

The quote is from Teslascope and not Tesla. They just see what is coming but have no insight on what is going to happen in the future. So the statement is only about the V11.x first release.

We have had the Beta released on the most current software once before but quickly fell behind. I suspect this pattern will continue and this is just a rarity.

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
"FSD branch is now up to date with the production branch" Does that mean going forward that FSD beta will be integrated into production firmware, or will we continue with the separate FSD and production branches?
Possibly, yes. If not now, then soon.

With AP using the FSD Beta stack now, we might finally all get to be on the main production branch, and the only difference between AP, EAP, and FSD cars is a toggle for whether or not you’ve bought and enabled those features.

You read the tweet.. "We've detected 2022.40.5" but when you visit the website they say "zero" on all metrics for that release... so did they or didn't they see it? It's mysteriously gone, or maybe never existed I'm tired of these wesbite that seem to just make stuff up for clicks.

Isn't the usual pattern for the FSD Beta releases to use a much higher subnumber? The last Beta was on 2022.36.15.

when you visit the website they say "zero" on all metrics for that release... so did they or didn't they see it?
Employees use this service that also provides ways for vehicles to hide their data from public view. Teslascope can still see the status of these employee vehicles and send out automated tweets and look into insights combined with other information they've heard.

Employees use this service that also provides ways for vehicles to hide their data from public view. Teslascope can still see the status of these employee vehicles and send out automated tweets and look into insights combined with other information they've heard.
I’m not sure what services they have that Tesla wouldn’t provide directly to their employees, it seems a very strange thing to suggest.

I’m not sure what services they have that Tesla wouldn’t provide directly to their employees
Only a small percentage of employees (and Tesla owners in general) use Teslascope, which provides detailed analysis of trips, charging, etc. that Tesla doesn't expose in their regular interfaces. I'm not sure if anything similar is available for employees, but even if so, some employees decide to use external services instead. Because these vehicles are using the service, additional insights such as available software updates like 2022.40.5 can be automatically detected and announced.

To be clear, the vehicle reporting this FSD Beta 11 update most likely is someone who happens to work at Tesla (probably not on the Autopilot team). Internal "alpha" testing of FSD hasn't shown up here. It seems like one of the Tesla employee perks is to get FSD Beta sooner than the even pre-Safety Score beta testers.

• Enabled FSD Beta on highway. This unifies the vision and planning stack on and off-highway and replaces the legacy highway stack, which is over four years old. The legacy highway stack still relies on several single-camera and single-frame networks, and was setup to handle simple lane-specific maneuvers. FSD Beta's multi-camera video networks and next-gen planner, that allows for more complex agent interactions with less reliance on lanes, make way for adding more intelligent behaviors, smoother control and better decision making.
  • Improved Occupancy Network's recall for close by obstacles and precision in severe weather conditions with 4x increase in transformer spatial resolution, 20% increase in image featurizer capacity, improved side camera calibration, and 260k more video training clips (real-world and simulation).

I have low expectations. If V11 highway is as good as highway NoA on 69.2.4, I'd be blown away.
I have to agree. NoA always felt more reliable than FSDb on highways (I have several stretches of highway that aren’t considered “closed“ and therefore it stays on FSD).

On the highway, FSD follows too close, tries to stay in the passing lane (even moves over for no apparent reason) and generally just doesn’t work as well. The old NoA, perhaps because it is trying to do less, was just much more natural and reliable.