Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5050.png

I’ve given up on v12. Given the lack of progress over the hugely significant time of a couple weeks, it looks like no further improvement is likely. It looks like we are at the local maximum. Possibly slightly off of it - the influencers claimed earlier versions were better!
Do you have any idea of how LONG it takes to train an NN?

Reactions: sleepydoc and Pdubs
Okay...... I decided to try it.....

I took the wife's "Free Trial FSD" Model Y on the same route that I used to take the Plaid (now sold). v12 is definitely better than v11.j.
It also handled my community gate fine, and in fact, on the return it must have read the 15MPH sign on the gate as it set the speed to 15mph (that's new and refreshing).

I had some non FSD routing issues, as my wife had accidentally set the home address to something other than home so I had to disengage when it went the wrong way. Not FSDj's fault.

There was also the lifted truck loser incident.... On the way back, this loser is hanging out of the passenger side of a PoS PU yelling at me, "Nice Tesla you F'n faggot"... Over and over again! So, there was that...

Also, while stopped at a light for 30 seconds, the steering wheel jerked 90 degrees to the the right for no reason. It was an instantaneous jerk, so it was startling (see attached). The car did not move.

I suppose if I drove it more, and with the proper nav programming, I would agree it's a much improved L2 than v10 and v11. Unfortunately, I purchased FSD in 2019 and again in 2021 thinking my HW3 cars would be capable (eventually) of getting to L3/L4 and perhaps, L5. But alas, that will never come to those hardware crippled HW3 cars.

Enjoy!

View attachment 1033949
Maybe the camera saw your nose was dripping and was trying to point you towards that kleenex box.

new release but Elon promised us regular updates and since this is NN/AI we need to see some "ChatGPT" type progress on 12.4 SOON.

Hit the snooze button, check back in four months, and see if they've figured out how to make the car stop and actually pull up to the line, approximately, without having the driver fall asleep first. That'll be the ChatGPT moment.

I believe that people are saying that while 2024.3.10 is going to most of the non-tester fleet, it only enables the new Vision Auto Park in non-USS vehicles (both HW3 and HW4 cameras). Why this should still be the case is a bit of a mystery.

For manual parking, I can understand that Tesla might not want to change what the owner is used to. Some people have a routine where they park in very tight spots using the USS visualization and distance readouts - those people could have unpleasant results if and when Tesla suddenly replaced their known system with a new one. It's not just about accuracy; people learn how to push the system to its limit and need the consistency whether it's got a plus or minus error.

However, I don't see why the Auto Park routine couldn't be enabled for everyone, and the car just use the vision in automatic mode while leaving the USS manual parking available for those who want it. (Even then, I would like a menu option to choose whether to enable the vision system on my car.)

I assume that the vision Auto Park will be available for everyone before long, I'm just not sure why the holdup. Maybe the HW3 cameras on some older USS cars are different enough from the 2022 HW3 cameras, that they need more training to validate.

Can’t be.

My 2021 MY with No FSD got 2024.3.10 (v12.3.3) today
My 2021 MS with FSD is still on 2023.44.30.25 (v12.3)
All three of my cars have FSD and all three have gotten every update at the exact same time. All hardware 4, one model x and 2 model s. Maybe it’s an eligible car thing. Perhaps If I had a hardware 3, the result would be different, but since all are hw4 with fsd, when one is eligible, they all are. Every single update has been available in the app at the exact same moment for me.

Well folks it took 2 weeks for us to go from v12 to v12.3.2.1. I'm sure v12.4 is right around the corner, with hopefully more significant improvements. I'm not chasing this FSD version game until then.

BTW is 12.3.2.1 the current version because of the symmetry? If so, I'm holding my breath for 12.4.2.1.
If so, I'm holding my breath for 12.4.2.1..12.4.2.0