Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the way pending numbers are increasing on TeslaFi, currently ~3,300, it looks like they are moving all "FSD testers", 5,123 shown on 2024.3.25, to this version.
Is that even a real thing anymore? What differentiates testers from any other FSD “supervised” users? We get the same junk version.

If anything, Chuck and scummy Omar are the beta testers and we’re just the general public.

With the way pending numbers are increasing on TeslaFi, currently ~3,300, it looks like they are moving everybody, 5,123 shown on 2024.3.25, to this version.
Yeah. The version my wife and @Ramphex ’s wife got last week. Tester group is done. The world is Elon’s tester group. Maybe we’ve always been?😀

Makes sense why the 12.4 branch is .15.... which allows all the .14 branches to move to 12.4.X

Edit: Just got the update to 2024.14.9 now.
I’m glad you can make sense of these version games because I can’t 😅😅

IMG_6141.png

I’m glad you can make sense of these version games because I can’t 😅😅

View attachment 1055512
It's a stall technique for the 3.25 people waiting on 12.4.... Which tells me there will be more time needed to get everyone to the upcoming 12.4 point release they are working on. We just don't want to be on the .20 branch.

Edit: I wrote this before I saw the TeslaScope Piece... I have forward looking vision equivalent to @AlanSubie4Life at this point.

Last edited:
It's a stall technique for the 3.25 people waiting on 12.4.... Which tells me there will be more time needed to get everyone to the upcoming 12.4 point release they are working on. We just don't want to be on the .20 branch.
Since it’s clearly possible, why didn’t we get updated to newest software version with same junk version all along for the past 2 years 😅

The Full text:

Why this is: Users on update 2024.3.25 were scheduled to receive FSD 12.4.1, however, since that release has some issues that need to be worked out, it will likely be delayed. Since FSD 12.4.1 is update 2024.15.5, users on 2024.14.x will still be eligible to receive it when it becomes available. Tesla was likely hoping to get users directly to FSD 12.4.1, but with the delay, users are now being updated to 2024.14.9 which has the same FSD version (12.3.6).

Is that even a real thing anymore? What differentiates testers from any other FSD “supervised” users? We get the same junk version.
We will find out in the next month or so. If we get moved to 2024.20.x, while FSD 12.4.x continues with 2024.15.x releases then the "FSD Testers" group is gone. But my guess is that we will get moved to 2024.15.x when FSD 12.4.2, or 12.4.3, is ready and released. But they didn't want to hold us back from the new features in the main path that a number of people have been complaining about lacking. (Personally, I am happy to get them late, as it gives time for people to identify the bugs and get Tesla to fix them before I get it. Since I am incapable of not pressing the update now button.)