Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now bannish feature: Can FSD take my credit card, press the gate button for a ticket, go through a narrow spiral path of a 8 story parking structure to park my car, and pay the parking fee when getting out of the garage? And sometimes the parking attendant just asks cash only.
Move to TX. Everything is controlled with the TollTag on your windshield. Even parking spaces, be it free or paid.

Reactions: rlsd
If the very first FSD release had had just 10% reliability, and then each successive version showed as much improvement as Elon claimed it did at the time, we'd be at [checks calculator] 99.999999999999999999999% reliability by now.
Law of diminishing returns comes to mind here. Just as much effort or even more is needed to get that last percentages.

Is your car called "Nameless" or is that just an expression? Mine is "Ohm My"... wonder if @JHCCAZ can follow that one being a high ranking engineer and all....
He might be resistant to respond though.
We Know why you named your car George.

IMG_0642.jpeg

Five nines (99.999) is 5.26 minutes of downtime per year. With all the nines flying around here what is the number of nines Robotaxi actually needs?
5.26 minutes of yearly downtime could be the aggregate of 5-6 occasions where it pulls over (ie take a minute or so per disengagement). Could be worse if "downtime" leads to potential accident. I think its still too many minutes considering the passengers will have no way to interact or correct a situation resulting from the downtime.

Reactions: edseloh
With all the nines flying around here what is the number of nines Robotaxi actually needs?
It needs enough reliability to make it an attractive product. It also needs clean, attractive, vehicles, low pricing, quick arrival, and countless other things. So a robotaxi that is only 99% reliable, but which involves a Ferrari that shows up at the club to pick you up at 4am, remains a viable product.

I’m highly suspect with that post. Let alone his extreme claims, he’s not from Gainesville. Those morons slogan is, “If you’re not a gator, then you’re gator meat”. He’s not a Nole or he definitely wouldn’t call himself gator meat. Can’t be Roll Tide as the same slogan applies. He’s either a highly conflicted Jeffery Dahmer type or a hyper sensitive yankee transplant Alan type.
Extreme claims? But why? Stay off the LSD, man.
FSD ran a stop sign, rolled right across and through a median into oncoming highway traffic, almost rear-ended a lady that slowed and signaled way ahead of time on a rural highway and sure didn't act like it was going to stop for traffic ahead on another instance. I certainly wasn't going press my luck.

This is just something he says, it is meme-like. He doesn’t actually mean it. It is kind of like when he says two weeks. Just look at the number of times he has used the exact same phrasing.

Odd for a CEO, but here we are. You have to be in on the joke to know it is not material information and not serious.
So your like a Trump defender. You have the secret language decoder so you can defend your favorite billionaire and explain to the rest of us what he really meant when he lies or says some crazy *sugar*?

So your like a Trump defender. You have the secret language decoder so you can defend your favorite billionaire and explain to the rest of us what he really meant when he lies or says some crazy *sugar*?
Huh? Just stating the facts. How in the world is this defending him to say he is joking/lying about stuff?

If anything it is just embarrassing for him.

have you not been following for long? Tesla uses these events to keep the peons in line.
Come on Florida Man, Join with the other Florida people in this thread and unite! There are a bunch of us.
We are fair and balanced in our critiques... Most of the time.

Don't mess with Alan... you will lose!

I have years of experience losing arguments with him.

Edit: Stay away from @LSDTester#1 , he is usually under the influence and incoherent.

Last edited:
Law of diminishing returns comes to mind here. Just as much effort or even more is needed to get that last percentages.
Oh, absolutely. And there also should probably be a "Law of Regressions", which is that if you specifically train a neural network to solve a particular new set of scenarios, it's likely to cause it to regress in other areas. So 12.4 may have 5x fewer failures in the specific problem cases they're focused on, but 80% of those failures will come back as regressions in other scenarios. Training the whole network up to 99.99999% in all cases is an incredibly difficult problem to solve.

Reactions: JB47394 and enemji
Regarding re-calibration of cameras. Are there any telltale signs that are distinguishable from normal FSD errors that the cameras need re-calibration?
Just for the fun of it, I just cleared off the camera calibration and took my car for a drive.

In 5 miles it was done 95%.
In another 3 miles it was at 99%.
Took another 10 miles and it is now 100%.

Update incoming for me to 2024.14.9... (Seems like a large group are getting this from the TeslaFi stats.)

Does this imply that the upgrade FSD V12.4.x is going to take longer than expected...
Maybe? But I’d say the chances of jumping .4 straight to .5 are equally as good? If not then .4.99999

Reactions: FSDtester#1