Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I was right, that is a delayed walk signal
View attachment 1027604
View attachment 1027607
View attachment 1027605

And first person was definitely jaywalking:
View attachment 1027606
It’s not a delayed walk signal. Watch the video very carefully. The light turns red before the crosswalk turns green. You can see the light turn yellow in my screen capture. The pedestrians start walking because the light is yellow and the Tesla doesn’t have enough room to go anyway so they assume it will stop.

Reactions: stealthyc and mongo
Regarding v12.3 one person say he doesn't notice much improvement. Says still experiencing indecisiveness at stop sign turns and needless lane changes.

You mean the Kim guy? He was driving mostly highway in that video, only about 4-5 mins of city. Almost all of his commentary were highway situations if I understand correctly.

• Helpful
Reactions: Optimeer
So we don't need to know where anything is happening just that the training is successful.
The point is that you don't know if the training is successful unless you test every possible scenario. There's no way to do that rigorously, so all you can do is go after a large set of scenarios, declare it a success, and hope that it's good enough. That's fine for an Office product, but not so great for a safety critical system.

It's still early days for neural networks. Folks are working hard just to get useful behavior out of them. In time, mathematicians and computer scientists will devote themselves to understanding the innards of these systems. Perhaps with the help of new neural nets.

The only real juicy part is 14:40 onwards, does very well with the construction closed lane:
There's an odd intersection at 16:00 where the painted arrows show both lanes going straight except there's only 1 destination lane across the intersection:

12.3 2-straight into-1.jpg

Did 12.3 slowly creep up allowing the adjacent truck to go first then merge / follow after? This intersection is in Austin if people are looking for more non-California drives.

Reactions: powertoold
There's an odd intersection at 16:00 where the painted arrows show both lanes going straight except there's only 1 destination lane across the intersection:

View attachment 1027670

Did 12.3 slowly creep up allowing the adjacent truck to go first then merge / follow after? This intersection is in Austin if people are looking for more non-California drives.

I think 12.3 performed very well on that intersection as well. The adjacent truck started moving but ego was obstructed on the left by the truck and also there was only 1 lane to go into, so ego waited until truck passed and committed.

Reactions: Mardak
That looks like a right-turn-only lane marker to me. The straight part has faded, and they didn't repaint it. That's certainly consistent with the physical layout of the roads.

You could also argue that the left lane is supposed to be left turn only :) but you're more likely correct. It would be confusing for many drivers new to that intersection though.

Reactions: mongo and JB47394
My best guess at the moment is spouses of employees with shared vehicles. Maybe their employee spouses didn't know they were recording videos of new FSD versions until they saw the big boss retweeting them.

Topical Edit:
This is really funny if it's the case. Elon Musk gave thumbs up to the posts then did this happen?
I can understand breaching NDA is a serious issue but still....

Here's what went through my head momentarily.
  1. I have V12 and almost no one else does
  2. I could post some videos and everyone would watch them
  3. I would become rich and famous
I think that's what went through her head, except for #1. IOW, perhaps she shot vids with 12.2 or even 11 and just pretended it was 12.3.
Except that she goes all the back to the Roadster, has owned other Tesla's since and been testing FSDBeta for awhile so doubt she wasn't aware of the potential consequences.

Reactions: pilotSteve