Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know how it works, it's not like a high school dropout engineer or something
Just trying to help you out #1. Actually I'm watching it because my son's car is installing right now and I want to see how long it takes to show when that completes.

Grumpy again aren't you. Another hard day at the TurboTax keyboard? ;)

Just trying to help you out #1. Actually I'm watching it because my son's car is installing right now and I want to see how long it takes to show when that completes.

Actually I am in a good mood today.
Thursday was the last day I will allow anyone to get me Tax documents and still file by April 15th. Anyone coming in now are on Auto extension.
So back to bankers hours as of today 😁.

Word is about 45 minutes to an hour for download and install.

Reactions: JHCCAZ and Pdubs
The visualizations are based on V11 right? They didn't get updated?

I noticed the visualization has hallucinations. Like stuff that's NOT there. Like one example is a road I went down had no lines of any kind the road was straight black and the visualization gave it dotted line then a random double yellow at times.
That happens to me all the time. Me, not the car.

I do need to stop picking on you

I should start on Alan, since I have never picked on him before... lmao 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Pdubs and JHCCAZ
The count you watch is the left number, then add the the 1st row (today)
Add those 2, then you can track
Really just seeing big numbers furthest left is best
You can tell what's going to happen by incremental adds

Now another 34 added.. it's about to go way up
That's super complicated #1.
Us engineers only know how to run trains.

Coming out of turns left or right is a hazard, required several interventions.
- Doesn’t go the speed limit, it always 5-10 mph under.
- Stops way too early
- Takes off too fast or too slow
This is the way.
, the initial set point is set by the auto function; once it lets one loose
Apt description for ASSO mode.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
I do need to stop picking on you

I should start on Alan, since I have never picked on him before... lmao 🤣
Your guys back and forth reminds me of an accountant at my course arguing with an electrical engineer at my course.

The accountant always says he's good with math. The engineer counters with bllsht, you're not good with math. You do arithmetic. Arithmetic isn't math, it's addition and subtraction. Go balance your checkbook. The accountant never has a comeback for that.

I don't know what they're arguing about. I haven't used a checkbook in 20 years.

Get used to this on intersections with poor visibility. One of the differences now with V12 is the improved creep where FSD slowly moves up and then makes good decisions on when to go. Huge improvement.

For the past few days I kept saying to FSD "go" "go" but there is a reason FSD is delayed in making decisions when visibility is poor. That is because by leaning forward two to two and a half feet I can see when FSD should go 2-4 seconds before the B-pillar camera can see. Sure FSD can speed up the creep but that doesn't solve the root cause. It was really impossible before to understand creeping because the behavior was so inconsistent but now that creeping is predictable and consistent just expect a few second delay on low visibility intersections. People behind you will continue to be a little irritated and there is nothing you can do.

I do love V12 though. Haven't had a critical safety disengagement in over a week. Over 500 miles of driving.

@AlanSubie4Life
How can you disagree? The fact is FSD won't proceed until it can properly see traffic coming. Since the B-pillar is used the car has to creep further forward. Over 2 feet more then the human driver has to. Since the final creep is pretty slow that can be a few seconds. Not a lot but people behind you get annoyed. Super safe just a bit slower than a human. For those of us who have a lot of low visibility intersections leaning way forward is something we've done since we got our license.

Sure Tesla can speed up the creep but you have to be careful doing that. If you creep too fast crossing traffic may believe you're pulling out. That is why human drivers go slowing at the very end of creeping. Maybe hardware 5 will address the B-pillar camera problem but for now Tesla has done a great job with a difficult problem to solve. The camera is too far back from the front of the car.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
@AlanSubie4Life
How can you disagree? The fact is FSD won't proceed until it can properly see traffic coming. Since the B-pillar is used the car has to creep further forward. Over 2 feet more then the human driver has to. Since the final creep is pretty slow that can be a few seconds. Not a lot but people behind you get annoyed. Super safe just a bit slower than a human. For those of us who have a lot of low visibility intersections leaning way forward is something we've done since we got our license.
Your kidding right?

He will argue the world 🌎 is not round, due to mountainous regions.
So round is technically the wrong term.

Your guys back and forth reminds me of an accountant at my course arguing with an electrical engineer at my course.

The accountant always says he's good with math. The engineer counters with bllsht, you're not good with math. You do arithmetic. Arithmetic isn't math, it's addition and subtraction. Go balance your checkbook. The accountant never has a comeback for that.

I don't know what they're arguing about. I haven't used a checkbook in 20 years.
When I was in college I knew a guy who majored in physics, and was always telling engineer jokes and dissing me for being an engineer (BTW both my parents were physicists).

He said that the difference between us was that I could never be a physicist without doing a lot of study, but with his physics background he could be an engineer just by reading a book.

A couple of years later, I saw in the alumni newsletter that he had just completed his Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering. Ironic that he switched, and notable that he didn't just read a book and get the job..

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Software engineers of today come from the furry era.

I don't know what earlier gen software engineers do.

996: Apple / Yahoo / Google?

1711767414964.png

When I was in college I knew a guy who majored in physics, and was always telling engineer jokes and dissing me for being an engineer (BTW both my parents were physicists).

He said that the difference between us was that I could never be a physicist without doing a lot of study, but with his physics background he could be an engineer just by reading a book.

A couple of years later, I saw in the alumni newsletter that he had just completed his Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering. Ironic that he switched, and notable that he didn't just read a book and get the job..
Great anecdote!!

It seems you live a sane, sober, and moral life.

You may want to avoid people like me, @Pdubs and @Ramphex .

We seem to be a bad influence on others....

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex and JHCCAZ
One question I haven't seen answer is what happens in a School Zone? Does FSD pay attention to flashing yellow lights? Will it slow down during school hours? Or will I risk going to jail for speeding next to a school at 3:00 in the afternoon?
It will break all the laws you mentioned, with pleasure, with pleasure..

Interested if anyone knows why I repeated myself.
You have to be a huge fan to know that one.

Edit: Google won't help you

Last edited:
FSD has gotten uncannily good at understanding human intent.

For instance, today we were on the way to the gym. But instead it took me into the Steak n Shake drive through!

Maybe that was because it tried to make a uturn at a narrow spot, bailed into left turn, wandered around a parking lot and encountered a convenient drive through.

Or it knows me far too well and was intentional. We may never know.