Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, you are propagating the stereotype that when people think engineer they think of trains 🚆... Shame on you!

@JHCCAZ please deliver the WWF Smackdown
Well I'll have to find him again.

Yesterday I came up behind him at a stop sign. His FSD wouldn't go and he was furiously shoveling coal into the frunk.

I told him to read the release notes again and I haven't seen him since.

The shift out of Beta and into (Supervised) makes complete sense to me and totally aligns with what Tesla told the Cali DMV four years ago: a *final* wide release to the fleet will still be Level 2.

Couple tidbits I found interesting, this is currently the only mention I see of (Supervised) on the Tesla website:

1711851524897.jpeg

Link: https://www.tesla.com/support/full-self-driving-subscriptions

Also Teslarati reported on Tesla explaining this shift to Goldman Sachs back in 2022, to be rolled out at the end of that year

Just got that email and a free month of FSD 12.3.2.1. It immediately hit a curb where FSD 11 was doing just fine. Sigh. I was a bit too slow to react, of course.

The driving experience is not improved where I drive. Very awkward decisions on when to change lanes merging to freeway. Braking for high contrast shadows from trees. Accelerating a bit hard from stop signs. Gets confused with New England intersections where one lane splits into 2 or 3 for the intersection only, etc etc etc. A couple of improvement I found is - slowing down for railroad crossings and probably bumps; and not driving directly in the middle of a rural road with no markings. But plenty of regressions in my experience. Definitely not a human like. At least not in New England. A lot of hype though.

And don't get me wrong, I am still impressed with what it can do (minus curb hitting part), but it is not any closer to a finished product than FSD 11 was.

I hate to burst your bubble, but most Tesla owners don't go to Walmart!!

Edit: Unless they are heavily armed for self defense
I dunno. I buy paper towels from Walmart. The “high end ones”, that say they are equivalent to like 6 of the “regular” rolls. They are actually awesome. The buck stops there though. They are good paper towels for around the shop and such.

Do we have any clue what 12.3.3 addresses?
Scanning release notes on notateslaapp.com

New name FSD (Supervised) now in release notes
Autopark (presumably for all??)
Improved driving visualization
Some charging features, stats etc
UWB phone key
Adaptive high beams for model 3 Highland
Miscellaneous other things that have been on 2024 builds

Scanning release notes on notateslaapp.com

New name FSD (Supervised) now in release notes
Autopark (presumably for all??)
Improved driving visualization
Some charging features, stats etc
UWB phone key
Adaptive high beams for model 3 Highland
Miscellaneous other things that have been on 2024 builds
The FSD version itself is incremented so that implies there's a change to the FSD code or NN in some way.

The FSD version itself is incremented so that implies there's a change to the FSD code or NN in some way.
Possibly, but they haven't been giving details about those things lately. Could be some incremental training or some parameter tweaks. Ashok just recently used the word "tuning" and it's unclear if that always necessitates incremental training.