Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s so odd I get all my different vehicle updates at the same time when others don’t. We’re having holiday party so two of the cars are blocked in, but I managed to get the X out to the edge of the driveway and connect it to a hotspot, I’ll take it for a spin and see what’s changed.
It took almost an hour to install... mine just finished.
Heading out soon

Last edited:
It took almost an hour to install... mine just finished.
Heading out.
I thought I saw a little bit of buzz about eyes only and don’t have to have your hands on the wheel at all. I know that I’m able to put my hands near the wheel and get no nags, but it was almost like I was tricking the camera into thinking, my hands were on the wheel. I think I saw a couple posts that said you don’t have to have your hands anywhere near the wheel as long as you’re paying attention.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I thought I saw a little bit of buzz about eyes only and don’t have to have your hands on the wheel at all. I know that I’m able to put my hands near the wheel and get no nags, but it was almost like I was tricking the camera into thinking, my hands were on the wheel. I think I saw a couple posts that said you don’t have to have your hands anywhere near the wheel as long as you’re paying attention.
I subscribe to your YouTube channel.
Can't wait to see your 1st impressions drive!

Reactions: Ramphex
Hokay. So, Serendipity Strikes! The SO's 2021 MY got upgraded to 2024.3.10 and FSD 12.3.3 this afternoon. I got to go out on a grocery run or two and have Comments.

• comparisons.
    • My daily driver is a 2023 M3 with Vision, no RADAR, no USS, and currently is running 2024.3.6 and FSD 12.3.2.1. Autopark on this car (and it definitely has it!) shows all the adjacent cars, the lanes in the parking lot, and parks the car neatly in the appropriate spots. It's supposed to select a parking spot with the scroll wheel.. but I'm not seeing that. When one is parking in a tight spot (read: garage) all the objects in the garage (lawnmower, snowblower, stuff stacked on the wall, bicycles) show up as either actual things (like cars) or amorphous blobs; the closer one gets to them, the more yellow/orange/red they get. No measurements of distance, but the colors aren't have bad.
    • The SO's MY has USS - and it does show distances to objects, but the display is not showing the Vision display that the M3 has. When parking in a lot, am not seeing the really fancy view that the M3 has, but am seeing parking lines in the lot and a "P" in a potential parking spot, just like old days. When one hits the "P", then start (it tells one to switch to reverse), the car does its bit and parks. It's about 20% slower than the vision version. One does see objects, but they're not in the same detail as the Vision-based car.
    • Other thing about the MY: It still has Summon on the app. And, at least with the new 2024.3.10 load, looks like it has the bit where it'll do more than back into/out of the garage, but will also traverse a parking lot.
  • MY trip report:
    • The good:
      • Does pretty much the same good job that the M3 did when doing an UPL onto the Rt. 1 on-ramp that previous FSD versions.
      • There's this ridiculously short lane that one has to turn left to get off the on-ramp onto Rt. 1; FSD 12.3.3 did a good job and got over without too much trouble and no intervention. Note that humans have trouble with this ramp.
      • Otherwise, handled yields pretty darn well, did lefts and rights into and out of parking lots.
    • The bad: Never saw this one before. New Jersey, on major, multi-lane surface streets, doesn't believe in left turns. Instead, one takes an off-ramp to the right, then curls around to the left (and usually a light) in order to turn left. These intersections are known as jug handles. (Out of towners are well known to flub these; one year, heading south on NJ-35, watched as some fool in a panel truck stopped in the left lane at an intersection and tried to turn left; ended up being rear-ended, his fault, for his troubles.) So: Heading south on US1 where it's three lanes heading south, and the NAV shows (properly) an exit to the right for a jughandle for the left turn. FSD 12.3.3 went from the center lane to the left lane, instead of heading for the right lane which would have been followed by another right shift for the jughandle. With 150 yards or so to go I intervened; luckily, traffic was light and I was able to shift right three lanes to get onto the jughandle. That was new and bad.. glad the SO wasn't with me.
USS or no USS, I actually like the Vision-based graphics better, so kind of hope that the USS-based view will die a death in the future.

Finally: The SO's MY has EAP before the 30-day trial started. Fine. When using EAP on that car, I've noted that there's the usual collection of, "THIS IS A BETA! WATCH IT!!" messages that one has to accept before one uses EAP.

So, when after installing 2024.3.10 on this thing, there were the release notes. All the good stuff about it being FSD, able to drive on city streets, yada-yada. No problem with that. And then it said that FSD was enabled. Um. What?

Got out of the release notes. Went to the Autopilot menu. And, by gum, Autopilot was enabled. I. Did. Not. Have. To. Hit. A. Button. To. Enable. FSD. Period.

Yup, the word, "Beta" is missing, and is now replaced with the words "FSD Supervised". Yeah, I've been watching all you guys laugh about this and make silly statements about SFSDS or whatever. But this IS different. The release notes do warn one to Watch It and all; but one doesn't have to hit an "I accept" button after nominally reading the Dire Warnings.

That wasn't true for 2024.3.6 and 12.3.2.1, but is true for 2024.3.10 and 12.3.3.

Yes, builds are seemingly going out even faster than that. Still need to see 12.x go fully wide and Ashok recently said on X that they are working legacy S/X validation.
Yeah there's been a bunch of 12.3.x builds in just the past week, and are you suggesting Autopilot team is relatively hands-on in getting these ready to various vehicle configurations (e.g., 12.3.1 adding Canada, 12.3.2.1 adding factory/new vehicles and recent USS-less, 12.3.3 Supervised adding ultrasonics)? Where even if the FSD functionality is relatively unchanged, the whole Autopilot team is pretty involved in testing and evaluating as opposed to say a vehicle software team handling merging 12.3 from 2023.44.30.25 into 2024.x?

Or would most of Autopilot team be focusing on the next 12.4 update with updated training focusing on specific issues and/or features like smart summon/banish? There's always competing priorities such as those as well as supporting older hardware like portrait S/X and MCU1, newer hardware like 2024 Model 3 and Cybertruck, additional countries, etc. I would guess part of prioritizing is what's the potential audience for each where Rohan Patel gave a 3% number for legacy S/X?

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
The app is not reliable anymore for updates... not sure why.
Had a few automatically download first, never alert me.
Then when I got in the car it was showing button to install
Had to try, and yup. After I went to the software screen, the power of my gaze caused it to begin downloading the new version within about ten seconds. lol.

Isn’t this super software supposed be better than an average human? I’m below an average human and I can navigate parking lots just fine without any maps.
Maybe your judgment of what is better than an average human is itself below the judgment of an average human.

There are many possible layers to this. :)

(For the record, I'd agree its intelligence is still clearly below the parking lot navigation of an average human, but maybe above the intelligence of the average human designer of parking lots.)

Maybe your judgment of what is better than an average human is itself below the judgment of an average human.

There are many possible layers to this. :)

(For the record, I'd agree its intelligence is still clearly below the parking lot navigation of an average human, but maybe above the intelligence of the average human designer of parking lots.)
Did you burn yet?

Reactions: Pdubs