Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go burn 🔥 your daily software check, make sure connected to wifi 1st
And keep software on advanced at all times
IMG_4234.jpeg

Wife got hers this morning in her 3 who never got FSD. I burned my check at that time. Now I’m reading with much joy and glee about all these guys burning their check and getting it.
Read what I said above.. slow charge it for the next 6 hours or so.
It will likely auto download with no notification.
Then check car or app, you will see it waiting for you to approve the install
Check it once an hour before you go to bed. Of course when you wake up

• Informative
Reactions: Pdubs and Ramphex
The app is not reliable anymore for updates... not sure why.
Tesla rolls out vehicle software updates in various ways. Typically FSD Beta updates have been "pushed" to vehicles bypassing the 24 hour check, but perhaps for those already on some 12.x, 2024.3.10 can also be "pulled" with the vehicle asking Tesla servers if there's an update available. Both methods can be used for the same version as we're seeing now with FSD Supervised 12.3.3.

A simple way to check for the "pull" behavior is total up TeslaFi pending/installed numbers and see if it continuously increases reflecting people manually checking (whereas "push" rollouts jump up to a new total and stays relatively fixed until the next rollout), e.g., a few minutes ago the total was 2540 and now 2550.

Tesla rolls out vehicle software updates in various ways. Typically FSD Beta updates have been "pushed" to vehicles bypassing the 24 hour check, but perhaps for those already on some 12.x, 2024.3.10 can also be "pulled" with the vehicle asking Tesla servers if there's an update available. Both methods can be used for the same version as we're seeing now with FSD Supervised 12.3.3.

A simple way to check for the "pull" behavior is total up TeslaFi pending/installed numbers and see if it continuously increases reflecting people manually checking (whereas "push" rollouts jump up to a new total and stays relatively fixed until the next rollout), e.g., a minutes ago the total was 2540 and now 2550.
Great information 👍, I never thought of the push vs. pull way to calculate.
Everyone should read your post at least 3 times.

I just burned 🔥 my daily check and....

2024.3.10 was sitting there waiting for me to download​

2.7 GB download

Edit: installing now
I've never been a believer in the whole "burned my daily check" thought, but when I saw your note just now, I figured what the hell, so I went and sat in my 2022 MS refresh (with USS), and when I hit the software tab, I'll be damned if it didn't start downloading 2024.3.10! I was previously on v12.3... I was really happy with that version, but I'm excited to see if 12.3.3 is even better!

I guess I'm a believer now!

I've never been a believer in the whole "burned my daily check" thought, but when I saw your note just now, I figured what the hell, so I went and sat in my 2022 MS refresh (with USS), and when I hit the software tab, I'll be damned if it didn't start downloading 2024.3.10! I was previously on v12.3... I was really happy with that version, but I'm excited to see if 12.3.3 is even better!

I guess I'm a believer now!
Sweet.. and btw, over the last 2 plus years, I haven't pulled the fire alarm often to tell everyone to check. As @Mardak Explained... something different is happening now.

I wasn't sure the daily check trick was really a thing anymore.
But I went and tried it, and what do you know it worked! Running about 400KB/s.
EDIT d/l speed keeps climbing, maybe a long averaging time constant. Settling in around 500KB/s. (I don't know why this is interesting)

Thanks @Ramphex and everyone for the suggestions

Last edited:
I wasn't sure the daily check trick was really a thing anymore.
But I went and tried it, and what do you know it worked! Running about 400KB/s.

Thanks @Ramphex and everyone for the suggestions
Don't thank him, he is useless!!
Thank the Easter Bunny 🐰 🐇 !!

@j0shm1lls video was perfect for people who don't know exactly the right way to do it.

I have v12.3.1 and tried my lucky click too, and it worked!

Also, after that 400km trip, I can say this version rocks. Even the speed control was pretty good. I set my own +25% offset, and although it doesn't always go to that level, it sometimes does, and when it doesn't, it's not far off. I'm almost at the point where I am trusting the speed it decides, and only when I feel it is inappropriate, I give it a little tap.

Looking forward to test the new version!

FSD stop sign behavior and visualization. I'm using 12.3.2.1, and I just noticed something that may have been there all along in the visualizations. When I pull up to a stop sign, there is a blue line perpendicular to my line of travel, and it looks like a marker where the car ... does something? What is it for? First clear line of sight? Commit point?

As for behavior, I'm seeing it now as a two-part procedure. First, stop at the legal line of the stop sign, meaning basically do not go past the sign without stopping. Then creep forward to the point the car can actually see, which seems around that blue line mentioned earlier.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
FSD stop sign behavior and visualization. I'm using 12.3.2.1, and I just noticed something that may have been there all along in the visualizations. When I pull up to a stop sign, there is a blue line perpendicular to my line of travel, and it looks like a marker where the car ... does something? What is it for? First clear line of sight? Commit point?

As for behavior, I'm seeing it now as a two-part procedure. First, stop at the legal line of the stop sign, meaning basically do not go past the sign without stopping. Then creep forward to the point the car can actually see, which seems around that blue line mentioned earlier.
That's the creep limit line. The car isn't supposed to pass that line before its sure its safe to do so. Don't bet your life on that line. I hover my foot over the brake in those scenarios.
Watch Chuck's videos, he talk about them constantly on his upl tests.

Or optionally, also set a recurrent hourly alarm after you go to bed (-;
But holy cow!!! I didn't know about the "check" until 15 mins ago, so I tried it, and now it is saying it is downloading 2024.3.10! WooHoo!!!

Last edited:

Um. Said blue line has been around for a llloooonnnngggg time; it dates back to at least 11.x. It indicates the line up to which the car is going to creep when looking for crossing traffic.

You've probably been smart and have been looking out the windshield rather than at the computer screen :).

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Ok. At 80 taking it up to 90 at 5a. 8.5hr charge. Thanks @FSDtester#1 who can’t even get his car out of the driveway.

We’ll see 😀