Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Um. Said blue line has been around for a llloooonnnngggg time; it dates back to at least 11.x. It indicates the line up to which the car is going to creep when looking for crossing traffic.

You've probably been smart and have been looking out the windshield rather than at the computer screen :).
I've been using FSD since about last September, but almost all on freeways. There I've had some weird and spicy surprises, but mostly relaxing drives. Around town, 11.4.9 just wasn't cutting it. So I mostly haven't used FSD on city streets until I got 12.3 last week. Now I'm seeing stuff!

And, for me, it's worth it. I like playing with it, and I finally feel like my $200/mo is buying me something usable. Now if it can take me to a business and park there, I'll be even happier with it. My disengagements have been rare, and while I've had to do a lot of pedal-pushing to move the car off a stop sign quickly, I don't mind that level of control/override. Looking forward to 12.3.3 or 12.3.4.

Attachments

• IMG_4697.png
    IMG_4697.png
    366.2 KB · Views: 6
I hadn't noticed that my WiFi wasn't connecting at home. I rebooted the car, got an immediate connection, brought up the software page, and the download started. 2024.3.10 (V12.3.3).

I was patiently waiting these past few days, but the car wasn't even able to check.

So add that to the update checklist: is WiFi connected?
Yes, I posted that several times.
Sometimes with no WiFi it will say available when you connect to WiFi.
I always try to check while on wifi.
Sometimes I hit the software button by mistake while driving and inadvertently waste a check

• Informative
Reactions: Ramphex and Pdubs
Ok. At 80 taking it up to 90 at 5a. 8.5hr charge. Thanks @FSDtester#1 who can’t even get his car out of the driveway.

We’ll see 😀
I was so impressed with the successful check that I'm still sitting in my car watching it download, great Sunday evening entertainment. You don't care? Too bad. My team is out of the tournament so this has more meaning (even though I know it's not a significant FSD performance increment).

Latest play-by-play is that it paused downloading for a while around the 40% mark, then as I was waiting the screen shut down so I pressed the brake pedal and entered my PIN to get back to the fascinating download monitor. It's clearly limited by Tesla's server data rate allocation, currently hovering around 500 KBytes/s - possibly because it's such a large push to the fleet.

Color commentary: The screen shows the download speed and a progress bar, the app shows % progress. Neither shows both. At this stage we're just running out the clock, it would be a shocker if Tesla doesn't close this one out.

And... pause for CRC check, and it's over. Just cutting down the net(work) and installing in the locker room.
12 3.3 is in the books and ready for the next test. Good night from the driver's seat.

2024.3.10 (v12.3.3)

It's the same FSD, as expected; no changes detected, at all - it's probably the same build (same training), as we all expected:

1) Same issue with speed (maybe it goes 1-2mph faster? I have no idea - probably not, or just chance). But a) doesn't keep up with traffic b) may travel below speed limit for no reason c) won't travel set target speed (ignores it - it's treated as a cap) when ASSO mode is disabled (or when it is enabled and the hidden limit is in effect of course) - this item c is of course a key factor which means it's still broken - it's really all that matters.

2) Still stops abruptly, then too slowly. Stops many feet behind stop line as usual. Exactly the same.

3) Still too close to curbs on right turns in particular (though it'll hit left turns too from what we've seen). Seemed to take exactly the same line on the same corners.

4) Unprotected lefts - I did notice differences here, but it may have just been chance/lighting conditions. In any case @Daniel in SD let's just say I'm not worried about losing my beer bet! Left me just sitting in the middle of traffic lanes from the left twice (there was no one coming). Literally just stopped, or perhaps moving at less than 1mph. Again, this behavior seems to have existed before, I just hadn't seen it (very normal and expected). Still approaches the turn too far to the right, exactly as before.

Good and fairly smooth overall except for the stopping. And obviously issue #1 is a crippling deficiency which makes it massively inferior to v11 in a very specific way.

so I’m going to wait until tomorrow to take my first drive.

I burned my check at 4 PM so I guess I have to wait till tomorrow unless anybody has any ideas
No worries, other than non-FSD stuff (if your car qualifies - mine doesn't, it's too old) you're not missing anything.

2024.3.10 (v12.3.3)

It's the same FSD, as expected; no changes detected, at all - it's probably the same build, as we all expected:

1) Same issue with speed (maybe it goes 1-2mph faster? I have no idea - probably not, or just chance). But a) doesn't keep up with traffic b) may travel below speed limit for no reason c) won't travel set target speed (ignores it - it's treated as a cap) when ASSO mode is disabled (or when it is enabled and the hidden limit is in effect of course) - this item c is of course a key factor which means it's still broken - it's really all that matters.

2) Still stops abruptly, then too slowly. Stops many feet behind stop line as usual. Exactly the same.

3) Still too close to curbs on right turns in particular (though it'll hit left turns too from what we've seen). Seemed to take exactly the same line on the same corners.

4) Unprotected lefts - I did notice differences here, but it may have just been chance/lighting conditions. In any case @Daniel in SD let's just say I'm not worried about losing my beer bet! Left me just sitting in the middle of traffic lanes from the left twice (there was no one coming). Literally just stopped, or perhaps moving at less than 1mph. Again, this behavior seems to have existed before, I just hadn't seen it (very normal and expected). Still approaches the turn too far to the right, exactly as before.

Good and fairly smooth overall except for the stopping. And obviously issue #1 is a crippling deficiency which makes it massively inferior to v11 in a very specific way.
You could ruin a wet dream

2024.3.10 (v12.3.3)

It's the same FSD, as expected; no changes detected, at all - it's probably the same build, as we all expected:

They didn't fix speed? Son of a ....
The only thing we all agreed about...