Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also use auto max speed and my offset is 7mph. The car behaves according to the settings.
On 30 mph street, it went up to 37. mph without pedal acceleration.
On 40 mph, it went up to 47 mph.
On 50 mph, it went up to 57 mph.
The automax doesn't respect your offset. If you use assertive, it will easily go 20+ over whatever you have there.

It's obviously more conservative in Chill.

• Informative
Reactions: rlsd and JB47394
All that would actually mean .... wait for it .... Feature Complete !!!
“Beginning of the end” for your “feature complete” L2 system that you were told for years would be L4/L5. 🤣

Does anyone here think the vast fleet of HW3 cars will ever get to L4 or L5? Robotaxis? 😆

I would suggest the vast majority of Tesla owners (who are driving HW3 or lower cars) will be left holding the bag at L2.

... another note, 12.3 was weird yesterday and I think I figured out why it was hugging the left lines, (white or yellow), and taking left turns short. Yesterday I g had it in Chill Mode, today I put it back to assertive and it was just fine. Until this morning, I noticed no discernible difference. I’m sure it was probably other factors influencing it, but I’ll know later today.
Yes, keep us posted, but I suspect this was just the random variation that I see. I would love a workaround for this problem. I worry someone will dial 911 to report erratic driving. I would (and have done so) seeing lane keeping problems like that.

Reactions: Pdubs

Attachments

• SpeedSettings.jpg
    SpeedSettings.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Disagree
Reactions: Pdubs and MP3Mike
Here are my settings.
That’s not the set speed offset. That’s the warning offset.

Turn off ASSO to see the settings for manual offset. And you’ll then ALSO be able to see your ASSO-mode offset (not on the settings page though!!!!). Be sure to do this while FSD is enabled and operating.

Super straightforward, excellent Tesla-designed interface. Makes it easy to find your ASSO-mode offset, and not an issue since the car is driving, while you work the screen details.

Last edited:
That’s not the set speed offset. That’s the warning offset.

Turn off ASSO to see the settings for manual offset. And you’ll then ALSO be able to see your offset (not on the settings page though!!!!). Be sure to do this while FSD is enabled and operating.

Super straightforward, excellent Tesla-designed interface. Makes it easy to find your ASSO offset, and not an issue since the car is driving, while you work the screen details.
I am not going to do that. It works for me. Why don't you try my settings? :)

I am not going to do that. It works for me. Why don't you try my settings? :)
I have my speed limit warning set to 9 MPH, but it makes no difference. (That only impacts when it notifies you that you are going too fast.) It still goes 42 MPH in a 30 zone with ASSO enabled,

If you are using ASSO it looks like this:

1712068039144.png

Nothing for you to change.

If you turn ASSO off it looks like this:

1712068083689.png

Where your only option is to set a percentage.

I worry someone will dial 911 to report erratic driving.
"Go home, Tesla. You're drunk."

I worry about this, too, and I've decided to clamp down on FSD, and stop letting it do stupid things anywhere in sight of other drivers. Can you imagine a bunch of Teslas coming to an intersection from all directions, doing weird lane wobbles and stops? I think other drivers would start to doubt their sanity.

We always said that V11 was like a nervous teenager who is learning to drive. Well, I'd say that V12 is like a slightly drunk 20-something. V12 accelerates too hard, brakes poorly, cuts tight on corners, wobbles during lane changes, can't keep a speed, wanders in its lane, etc. If I ever have a police car behind me, you can believe I'm gonna drive manually.

• Funny
Reactions: Pdubs
Is it possible there was a car in front of you?
Yes, although I just returned from a drive this morning and experienced the same speeds though with no lead car it tended towards 3-5 mph over the limit (35-45 zones). At stop signs this morning I experienced some of the inappropriately slow turns others have mentioned however.

"Go home, Tesla. You're drunk."

I worry about this, too, and I've decided to clamp down on FSD, and stop letting it do stupid things anywhere in sight of other drivers. Can you imagine a bunch of Teslas coming to an intersection from all directions, doing weird lane wobbles and stops? I think other drivers would start to doubt their sanity.

We always said that V11 was like a nervous teenager who is learning to drive. Well, I'd say that V12 is like a slightly drunk 20-something. V12 accelerates too hard, brakes poorly, cuts tight on corners, wobbles during lane changes, can't keep a speed, wanders in its lane, etc. If I ever have a police car behind me, you can believe I'm gonna drive manually.
Baby steps

Reactions: FSDtester#1
On another note, 12.3 was weird yesterday and I think I figured out why it was hugging the left lines, (white or yellow), and taking left turns short. Yesterday I g had it in Chill Mode, today I put it back to assertive and it was just fine. Until this morning, I noticed no discernible difference. I’m sure it was probably other factors influencing it, but I’ll know later today.
Was there anyone in front doing similar things ?

I wonder whether part of learning is to imitate the cars in front ...