Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another v12.3.3 drive this morning. It felt like TSLA was trying to punk me with the crazy throttle and brake action.
I keep thinking that they're taking a signal from the neural network and amplifying it. The acceleration bit is obvious, but the braking part seems like it's taking a low precision output and scaling it up. The ramp is supposed to be gradual and smooth, but with scaling we get this stair-step braking action.

If ASSO is on, there is no setting absolute/fixed/percentage for you to mess with.
True, there is nothing on the setting page to adjust, which is what you were talking about.

For general clarity on this point, there is still an actual offset in effect in ASSO mode; when not on the freeway, it is +50% and it can be adjusted invisibly with the scroll wheels. And it will act as a speed cap. When on the freeway, it changes apparently (have not looked myself), depending on chill/moderate/assertive setting (don’t know the % values, but since the cap becomes visible it should be easy to figure out).

but dont forget
what does the yellow light mean? slow down.....what does....
Taxi
The yellow goes on when the car is already close to the intersection while the car is moving at 45 mph. It's too late to slow down because the car has to make a hard braking and it may be rear-ended by the behind car. The car should continue to go. That's what humans do to. It's not illegal to continue to go.

2024.3.10 Active FSD Version

2024.8.7 Main Version

If we're still looking at the 2 week release statement I'm wondering what's cooking with 12.4?

V12 Highway stack seems like an easy thing to get off the list. So I think this.

Otherwise waiting on ASS and Banish.

V12 refinement and advance is a given. Need to fix curbing before ASS and Banish is a thing.

The yellow goes on when the car is already close to the intersection while the car is moving at 45 mph. It's too late to slow down because the car has to make a hard braking and it may be rear-ended by the behind car. The car should continue to go. That's what humans do to. It's not illegal to continue to go.
unless a camera gets you, cameras win
1712084528145.png

hate them, i slam on the brakes, im cheap

unless a camera gets you, cameras win
View attachment 1034705
hate them, i slam on the brakes, im cheap
Camera for stopping at intersection monitoring was banned in California long time ago.

Now they use cameras to enforce speed limit in some areas.

Last edited:
Thank you. I think the offset warning setting (in terms of mph) have effect on the ASSO. FSDS will not want to set off the warning which seems to be also a function of the ASSO offset percentage. In your case of 5 percent of 30 mph is 31.5 mph. So the warning should be at 31.5+7 = 38.5 mph. If you set the ASSO offset percentage too high, then the offset warning effect is minimized.

That's my guess only. So do your own testings to verify. I always set my ASSO offset percentage to 0. and offset warning to 5 mph and have not have too much over speed problem.
Please disregard my conjecture! Initial testing yield contrary results.

ASSO "on". Offset percentage at "0" (when ASSO is off). Speed Limit warning offset at "0 mph". Car goes at 40 mph on 35 mph Speed Limit (detected and displayed) Road.

Why are people liking my posts from like days ago. Do people sit on the toilet and read through dated Information until they grow their lil hemorrhoid.
OMG, some people don't spend multiple hours per day keeping up here. Go away for one day, come back, like a post and yeah, it seems like it's from weeks ago based on number of pages back, but probably just a few hours in reality...

A curious experiment would be if you take a myopic human, take off their glasses so now they see about as well as a 1.5MP camera, how well can they still drive? My impressions when testing FSD is that the issues are primarily control-related and garbage out, not about what the car can or can't see. I guess it might help for unprotected lefts with high speed, or high speed cross traffic, but I've been having a ton of problems unrelated to both.
If that were true, no need for them to develop HW4, new higher resolution cameras and more cameras in blind spots, like the new front one, right?! 🤣

So you don't have any FSD on your car, just Autopilot. I thought Tesla had switched to putting it everywhere so people could subscribe. What car do you have?

TeslaFi isn't showing an FSD version for 2024.8.7, and I took that to mean that they hadn't figured it out yet. They need to put in an explicit "none" when they know.
I wonder what will happen if I subscribe to FSD for a month. It's listed on my app as an option.

I finally had my first FSD try a couple of cross town errands on familiar routes. I’m running FSD 12.3.3. It did amazingly well. Fairly complicated in town routes plus some interstate segments. Some unmarked roads. Several railroad crossings. Lots of traffic lights and plenty of traffic.

It really kept to speed limits. Turns seemed tighter and faster than I usually take. Very minor issues overall. Nice lane changing and signaling.

So far my favorite feature is pressing the turn signal to tell it you want to change lanes. So nice!