Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what you mean? You mean for elderly drivers?

If I had to guess what you are asking, I suppose the best for everyone is to refund the original FSD cost back to everyone and now anyone can use FSD for $99US/month at any time. But I don't see that happening, and at least for me, FSD is a very useful tool. No regrets purchasing it outright.
Not only elderly people but also people who may not be able to drive a car for the entire life time (unexpected illness for example). People paid 4k, 6k, 9k, 12k, 15k if different times. Maybe Tesla should allow one time to transfer and reduce the the price for the next car depending how much people paid for FSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nvbob and JeffnReno
IMG_1348.jpeg

This is 2024.3.15

Can someone currently on 2024.3.10 check how big their AP model is? I didn’t notice any changes to driving behavior.

Software -> Service -> Infotainment -> Software -> Autopilot Data Bank

I remember bank B was like 1.73gb a while back.

Last edited:
>On a curve, the car went well over the double yellow line when a car was coming in the other direction

Are you still experiencing this with 12.3.3? And was this on the local highway?

I experienced the worst 12.x today with multiple unnecessary drifting out of the lane on a highway here with 45mph speed limit. Probably 5 times on the round-trip it went into the shoulder then the dirt and 1 time crossed well over the double yellow lines. The lines were quite faded or covered, but the visualizations still rendered them confidently and correctly. It would be very odd for control to drift this much if it actually used the same visualized perception.

This was with HW4 X, and after getting home, the car uploaded 71GB. Have people tried measuring how much is sent for a single data collection? I estimate there were 15, so each might be around 4.7GB?
I haven't had such a bad experience since then, but I've been more wary. I think I'd pressed the accel pedal before that turn, and it hadn't slowed down. Can't say if newer version acts differently.

Reactions: Mardak
I didn't notice any improvements with v12.3.4. If anything it felt a bit more indecisive. For one controlled intersection 2 lane left turn there was a second or so of stuttering starts/stops as if it wasn't sure what to do and there were other cars in the left turn lane with no issues. Shortly after that left turn it went into the adjacent so lane positioning is as bad as ever. Speed control continues to be a PITA. Turn signal still initiates two neighborhood blocks early - you'd think vision only would be vision only but apparently not so much with respect to turn signals, braking, accelerating, stop sign creep, and even some lane selection where 300k lines of C++ have apparently been replaced with simulated training data.

I originally expected slight v12.3.4 improvements given they released it to the usual youtubers but now it just feels like they wanted everyone on the same release.

Is anybody noticing a lot of ping-pong in the lane on the freeway? I don’t remember being this bad before.

Read your release notes. It is ONLY one sentence. There is NO V12 stack on the freeway. It is V11 stack.

View attachment 1038318
There are roads which the system does not recognize as highways but realistically are in fact highways. Navigate on Autopilot (which only works on highways) has this same quirk. I believe it's a mapping issue (rather than a real-time perception issue) because the navigation system advises you at the trip-planning stage which roads (i.e. highways) are eligible for Navigate on Autopilot. I.e. it has already determined if a road is a "highway" before the car has had a chance to "see" the road.

For example, Route 17 in NJ (3 lanes in each direction, concrete median, entrance and exit ramps, merge lanes, shoulder lanes, speeds up to 55 MPH) is not recognized as a highways by either NoA or FSD. You can tell v12 is running on the highway instead of v11 because of the differences in the visualization pane. It's an interesting way to see how v12 behaves on highways, but the performance is a huge step back from v11 and it becomes obvious why v12 is not designed to run on highways. I wish we could manually switch to v11 for these cases because v12 is dangerous on highways. It rarely drives fast enough, switches lanes frequently for no good reason (even with Minimal Lane Changes turned On), and most importantly it has trouble completing a lane change without wavering back and forth.

On a particular section of road, v12.3.3 would consistently slow down at several spots. Yesterday, still on 12.3.3, the car drove at the MAX speed without slowing, almost as if it had learned from my pressing the accelerator.

A surprising amount of inconsistency for a computer. If I'd installed 22.3.4, I'd have cheered, "Yay. Fixed!"
Were there other cars around? FSD seems to take cues from other cars.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Talk about a bummer. Has anyone had an issue with installing on a legacy car? Was so happy to finally get V12 for my 2020 Model S. Clicked install and it went to 30% and seemed to stall. Didn’t have an option so I just turned in for the night. Next morning the app showed it was still at 30%. Went to the car and nothing works except the key for to unlock/lock. Screens are dead, no climate, nothing. Contacted Tesla and after them checking remotely they said they are sending tow truck to my house. 30 minutes later my car is leaving. To their credit they were super responsive. Hard to believe the update could brick my car. Ruined 4 years of 100% total reliability. Hopefully Monday will get it back, I am going to insist they install the software while it is there.

I mentioned this a few days ago.

12.3.3 -> 12.3.4 is not a major release. It's not even a minor release. It's a maintenance release. So don't expect much in the way of anything as far as improvements. 99% of what people think is an improvement is really just confirmation bias.
Not so sure about that, no matter what destination I input on 12.3.4 it takes me to a strip club...

Edit: I was corrected by @Joboo7777 , Gentlemen's Club.
I need to learn to be more PC.. thanks buddy!

Last edited: