Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a dirty med touching more than a few systems in the body and interacting with many medications. And then the after effects. After 5 day offshore tuna fishing trip with the patch on the nicest charter boat, I just avoid the boat. :)
I actually don't need a patch on things like ferries (which are moving all the time) and cruise ships (much slower oscillations that don't affect me.) When diving, though, I have used them for 5 days in a row with no side-effects aside from the dry mouth. YMMV, and apparently does, of course!

Reactions: kabin
Wonder if it's an edge case given the need to heavily slow for the sharp wide turn given the trailer?
In my opinion an edge case is something you see once in a lifetime. I’m not saying edge cases are rare. I’m sure I’ve seen 100s of them but they’re probably different from the ones you’ve seen.
I’ve probably seen someone with a trailer turn into a driveway 100s of times. It’s not an edge case.

In the FB beta testers group, some people keep posting how great FSD is, no interventions in approximately forever, yada yada.
So that makes me wonder if the intersection down the street (which I traverse approximately 50% of the times I leave the house) would qualify as an edge case? It sure doesn't to me. Are all non-rectilinear intersections FSD can't handle then edge cases? Sigh.

I’ve probably seen someone with a trailer turn into a driveway 100s of times.
From the left lane? I'd say that it's certainly unusual to swing so far out before a turn. Also, the signal was unusual in how high it was. Why did the signal look orange? I thought the orange-shifted reds had been addressed. Anyway, I can easily see this being outside the training data - far enough out that the network couldn't extrapolate to cover it.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
From the left lane? I'd say that it's certainly unusual to swing so far out before a turn. Also, the signal was unusual in how high it was.

I thought all long vehicles pulled wide when making a 90 degree turn (either right or left.)

The signal was high on the trailer but the truck's signal is visible through the wire mesh of the trailer and is where a truck signal always is (not modified.) On top of that, the truck signaled the turn long for at least 3 seconds before drifting wide and at that point the brake lights came on to indicate the vehicle was slowing, so there is no excuse for the driver behind to not be aware of WhatTF the truck's intention was.

Any near miss belongs to the driver. In this case the supervising driver was pushing things since the driver-assist-system didn't bother to slow down because it didn't understand what it was seeing (and WhyTF didn't it understand either a turn signal or brake lights.) Total fail of the ADAS, near fail by the supervising driver.

At a Red light had a strange one. I'm sure most have had V12 decide to turn the steering wheel a few ºs. Today mine did it to the right/towards the curb. Then it turned it more and then again it turned past 180º. Then it turned it even more and was almost 360º. Started to worry a little since on narrow city street and curb probably <1' away. When light turns greens ready to grab but it spun back around.

Is FSDS So f'n confident in it abilities now that it is playing Beach Buggy Racing while at a Red Light? 🤔 🤣

From the left lane? I'd say that it's certainly unusual to swing so far out before a turn. Also, the signal was unusual in how high it was. Why did the signal look orange? I thought the orange-shifted reds had been addressed. Anyway, I can easily see this being outside the training data - far enough out that the network couldn't extrapolate to cover it.
It is not possible to turn into that driveway with a trailer without turning from the left lane. How could it be outside the training data if I’ve seen it 100 times in my lifetime? I’ve only driven 500k miles!
The issue is probably that NNs require an absurd amount of data to “learn” anything.

At a Red light had a strange one. I'm sure most have had V12 decide to turn the steering wheel a few ºs. Today mine did it to the right/towards the curb. Then it turned it more and then again it turned past 180º. Then it turned it even more and was almost 360º. Started to worry a little since on narrow city street and curb probably <1' away. When light turns greens ready to grab but it spun back around.

Is FSDS So f'n confident in it abilities now that it is playing Beach Buggy Racing while at a Red Light? 🤔 🤣
I saw that many times and reported bugs.

Reactions: zoomer0056
In the FB beta testers group, some people keep posting how great FSD is, no interventions in approximately forever, yada yada.
So that makes me wonder if the intersection down the street (which I traverse approximately 50% of the times I leave the house) would qualify as an edge case? It sure doesn't to me. Are all non-rectilinear intersections FSD can't handle then edge cases? Sigh.
Humans say it's an edge case but fortunately FSD doesn't know it's an edge case.

Yes. That seems clear! There are a lot of complaints about it. I am sure with analysis one could figure out the commonalities!

Nope just meant your drive behavior did not match mine.
I went into service mode to see if I could figure anything out and sure enough, there was a warning that the disk was low on storage. That must be the bug, that the firmware thinks that the SSD is either full or nearly full. See what yours says in service mode. I looked at the SSD on my PC and it had a stored videos but wasn't out of space.

On rebooting the car, the sentry symbol showed 11 clips and they were all there. I deleted them to start over. That's probably why swapping disks works for a while too.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1