Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2022 MSLR is upgrading now from 2024.3.25 to 2024.14.7.
I wonder why you were updated to. 2024.3.25 which included FSD 12.3.6 which is beta test version.

Your sig says no FSD, so it is odd you were on a special FSD version. Did you perhaps opt for a free trial of FSD?

Are you by chance on TeslaFi. If so, if you give your odometer reading, I could look up your update history.

Thanks, and enjoy 14.7! I'm still waiting, along with thousands of others on 3.25....

I wonder why you were updated to. 2024.3.25 which included FSD 12.3.6 which is beta test version.

Your sig says no FSD, so it is odd you were on a special FSD version. Did you perhaps opt for a free trial of FSD?

Are you by chance on TeslaFi. If so, if you give your odometer reading, I could look up your update history.

Thanks, and enjoy 14.7! I'm still waiting, along with thousands of others on 3.25....
Most on 3.25 want nothing to do with 14.7. We want .9 for FSD 12.4.

• Love
Reactions: FSDtester#1

Yup, my car had a free month of FSDS 12.3.6 on 2024.3.25. Nope, not on TeslaFi.

• Informative
Yup, my car had a free month of FSDS 12.3.6 on 2024.3.25. Nope, not on TeslaFi.
Thank you! I've been wondering if they were giving free trials on FSD v 11 or v 12. 11 has been included in the updates since last July, but 12 is so much better.

With 2024.14.7, you'll have the most recent FSD, as well as the most recent base code. Lucky you!

Many of us on this TMC thread are also on 2024.4.35, but have long been FSD beta testers and are curious when we will be updated.

Thank you! I've been wondering if they were giving free trials on FSD v 11 or v 12. 11 has been included in the updates since last July, but 12 is so much better.

With 2024.14.7, you'll have the most recent FSD, as well as the most recent base code. Lucky you!

Many of us on this TMC thread are also on 2024.4.35, but have long been FSD beta testers and are curious when we will be updated.
I think 2024.14.7 still has the same 12.3.6 FSDS. However, I did not opt to purchase and am happy with just TACC and Autosteer. I really only use TACC.
1000031593.jpg

No. I want the car to slow down like a normal person would, obviously. It’s not a crisis.

It doesn’t even take slamming, as we all know. Really annoying and pretty inconsistent but generally poor.
Today I did 2 trips and drove 175 miles on a busy greater Boston highway. Not once did FSD brake too hard and phantom brakes are a distant memory. Now I do have complaints with how V11 performs on the highway and really looking forward to v12.5 it's just none of my issues deal with braking. Braking used to be a problem but not now.

Last edited:
No. I want the car to slow down like a normal person would, obviously. It’s not a crisis.

It doesn’t even take slamming, as we all know. Really annoying and pretty inconsistent but generally poor.
I just got off the freeway driving home in rush hour. Apparently there were no normal people on the road because whenever someone slammed on their brakes all the freaks behind them did, too. 🤷‍♂️

I think 2024.14.7 still has the same 12.3.6 FSDS. However, I did not opt to purchase and am happy with just TACC and Autosteer. I really only use TACC.
Right, the same FSD version. They advanced from β to S, so I guess that is progress... ;-)

My wife agrees with you - TACC is nice. But she also doesn't use auto steer. FSF, not yet. Getting close, but having to "minimize lane changes" is really annoying.

I, on the other hand, wanted FSD because for decades I've been predicting that "machine vision" will be a huge new wave of industrial revolution. I remain stunned that a (more or less) self driving car is in the forefront - Talk about picking a really difficult test case! I just had to be in the front seat to watch it become real, and maybe help a little by volunteering to beta test what we'd already paid for.

Thank you agin for your input.

Today I did 2 trips and drove 175 miles on a busy greater Boston highway. Not once did FSD brake too hard and phantom brakes are a distant memory. Now I do have complaints with how V11 performs on the highway and really looking forward to v12.5 it's just none of my issues deal with braking. Braking used to be a problem but not now.
I still consistently get 2 classic V11 problems on freeways
  • Approaching a full on traffic jam at 75mph it waits until about 50 feet away from stopped cars to start breaking. It's not necessarily slamming on the breaks but it is jarring and uses almost 0 regen breaking. Most drivers let off the gas and start to break from a much greater distance using context clues like all the break lights you can see from multiple lanes as you approach - V12 seems to get this and starts breaking from much greater distances for a smooth stop with regen breaking.
  • For stop and go traffic about 1 in 5 times on the "go" part it over accelerates and breaks hard on the next stop.
I sometimes see this on V12 as well but is is rare - on case was on my arch-nemesis double left turn only lanes that V11 got confused about and always ended up staying in the straight lane and never entering the the left turn lane. On V12 it there is still a moment of indecision and it straddles the left turn lane and straight lane for about 10 feet. If you add in backed up traffic that fills up 75% of the left turn I guess V12 can't multitask and it finishes the indecisive lane change and then worries about breaking after the lane change which ens up in the car going from 40 to 0 in 3 seconds.

Reactions: D Good
Can you think of another reason why Tesla is having so much difficulty with this UPL?
@AlanSubie4Life
Since your reply was "Yes" without any clarification I'll take that response to mean you agree Chuck's UPL is not a simple turn which explains why Tesla is having a hard time getting FSD to work. Glad to see we finally agree :)

v11 in traffic on the freeway. If someone in front of you jams on the brakes, so does v11
Do you bring this up in the context of 12.x because it can be better than 11.x in stop-and-go traffic? I took the shorter route today even though it required sitting through 4 cycles to get through 1 traffic light to test out 12.x stopping behavior as others moved up and pulled out to make a right turn. Most of the time it seemed fine although there were some cases of late reaction time requiring harder than average braking, but I wouldn't really consider these jamming on the brakes.