Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMO, I find Tesla's self-parking bad, still.

I like the UI (outside of the S/X) to select a spot, which is unique, but it performs worse than my old Ford in both parallel parking and back-in. It's really slow and often wants to make a second attempt because the first it misjudges, unless you pre-angle the car perfectly.

Most tests online show BMW, Audi, and Ford better than Tesla, but they are older tests. They all seem faster and to make less mistakes, except ford that will ramp the curb on occasion.
I'm really perplexed why I have the unicorn car, and my experience isn't the common one - or perhaps it is the common one, and just the problem cars come here to lend their voice. Dunno.

I just took a coworker to lunch today and came back, showing her the new parking system. All the spots highlighted, and I picked an empty spot between two cars. She was quick to tell me "But that spot is up ahead, don't you need to pass it?" Nope - pressed Start and it pulled forward, angled, and then backed into the spot in one fluid move perfectly centered.

My 2021 MY is the same as you - if I turn off wipers completely, they turn to Auto when FSDS is enabled, and then turn back to Off when FSDS is disengaged.

Could this be a profile corruption, or switching profiles?
I have a MS Plaid... when I turn wipers off, they will not turn on again until I do it on purpose. FSD does not change any wiper behavior for me.

I'm really perplexed why I have the unicorn car, and my experience isn't the common one - or perhaps it is the common one, and just the problem cars come here to lend their voice. Dunno.

I just took a coworker to lunch today and came back, showing her the new parking system. All the spots highlighted, and I picked an empty spot between two cars. She was quick to tell me "But that spot is up ahead, don't you need to pass it?" Nope - pressed Start and it pulled forward, angled, and then backed into the spot in one fluid move perfectly centered.
I’m in the same boat. I tested the auto park (vision / HW4) in a bunch of crazy scenarios and it’s perfect every time. If I had to dig for a complaint, it’s that unless it’s at a supercharger, it backs in to a space and doesn’t get as close to the cement parking barrier as I would like. I usually pull until my tires all but touch it.

So the 2014.3.25 folks who upgraded to the 14 branch passed the update by. I never checked for it because I was afraid of doing just that.
I wonder if that 2024.14.x, including FSD 12.3.6 will go out to everyone eventually.

So far, this looks a lot like what happened with 2023.44.30.5.1 and 30.8 which included fsd 11.4.9 and went out to both main branch cars and tester branch cars.

If this is what happens, cars on 2044.3.25 will get 2024.14.x, and then those cars will get another release with a higher base, maybe 2024.14.20 along with fsd 12.4.x. This is speculation on my part, perhaps guided by hope.

Because of this hunch, I have been studying the history of the FSD releases, (see FSD v12.x (end to end AI) ) and documented what I call the FSD Tester Branch, cars which received what used to be called beta versions of FSD. The received a sequence of versions which were different from the those the main branch received. (Except for the 2023.44.30 versions mentioned above.)

I suspect that many of the cars on 2044.3.25 were, and still are testers. I have found examples of cars now on 2024.14.x which started getting FSD beta as far back as 2021 with FSD 10.8. These were clearly in the beta program, which I call FSD Testers. (now that the term "beta" has been dropped.) We don't know of a way to leave that program, so unless the tester program ends, they probably still are testers.

Time will tell....

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
It seems like Tesla has been coming down hard on leaks and the employees are deathly scared of getting fired.

There is not a peep about actual experiences with 12.4 anywhere. I remember some Teslabull guy who was posting videos on Youtube when V12 was employee only, then he stopped posting a while back. Teslascope on Twitter has said they're not going to report on leaks anymore for "personal reasons".

TMC, the only place on the internet you can come and say you are having problems with v11 slamming on the brakes in traffic on the freeway, and have people come back and say you should have said you meant stop-and-go traffic specifically and that you’re changing your story (AND get a bunch of agrees 👍). SMDH.

No wonder really that people think L3 is imminent. Sigh.

TMC, the only place on the internet you can come and say you are having problems with v11 slamming on the brakes in traffic on the freeway, and have people come back and say you should have said you meant stop-and-go traffic specifically and that you’re changing your story (AND get a bunch of agrees 👍). SMDH.

No wonder really that people think L3 is imminent. Sigh.
I think it's just people hate you. 😂😉

New vehicle! Hopefully this will fix the bad training data problem.
I think Chuck also has a Model Y.
Certainly still looks extremely broken. So disappointing at this point to see that.

Obviously this does not help with producing training data. At least not this specific instance.

Maybe they need help with their simulator? So confusing how it can be so awful.

Certainly still looks extremely broken. So disappointing at this point to see that.

Obviously this does not help with producing training data. At least not this specific instance.

Maybe they need help with their simulator? So confusing how it can be so awful.
Hopefully that was 12.4, not 12.5.