Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it's easy to play armchair quarterback and say there was plenty of time to take over but this one really does seem like there was plenty of time to react. The person on Twitter says they were starting to take over but too late, he does admit that it's all his fault but posting it to warn others.
I agree.

There is a spot where v12 goes too fast for the turn so I always have slow it down before I get there. I daily drive that areas so it helps to know how fast the car should be going.

Just saw you’re in Boston. IIRC they have some messed up law there that mandates police at all road construction sites or something like that. Virtually never have that here. Either way I think they need to worry about L3 before worrying about L4 or 5 and I’d put it pretty low on the list for L3
You are right about the mandate. Occasionally they now use a "traffic control officer" in the next town but they still use hand gestures. I don't recall where I saw this but adding support for hand gestures may be in v12.5.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
You are right about the mandate. Occasionally they now use a "traffic control officer" in the next town but they still use hand gestures.
There's been occasional cases in Massachusetts where the local cops, upset that they're losing that wonderful overtime pay, arrest the traffic control officers or some such for some random illegality. Strange, or maybe not so strange, that the cops themselves weren't hauled into court for such tactics.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I had this issue in tight winding countryside road where the speed limit was 55 and car was not slowing down for the upcoming tight turns. Seems like the car ignores the yellow warning signs or suggested speed to take the curve with. Map data should be used to manage this I suppose but it may be yet to come. Drivers be careful in tight curves.
Was fsd using the highway stack or the city stack for you? I mentioned in a previous post that I took a trip to santa cruz over hwy 17 which is notorious for its dangerous and windy roads and it did great, but it was using the city stack which I found odd considering its a highway.

One thing i'll mention is that the hwy was pretty crowded so my car was just following the car ahead of me, so maybe if the road was clear, it may have taken the curves faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldManCan
View attachment 1051364
2024.3.25 peeps we have been chosen, we are the new testers
Still hoping the non-subscribers (like myself) get pushed to 14.8. Would be great for the subscribers that have 3.25 to be part of the 12.4 group though.
There are 3.25 cars going to 14.8 today (reports on here and TeslaFi data) so they aren't keeping all 3.25 cars back waiting for 9.5.

Reactions: edseloh
This might be one of those FSD non-accidents. It's a shame as the driver had time to disengage 12.3.6 prior.

TBH, this looks to me like FSD isn't even engaged. Speed isn't the issue, not following the road is. I drive a highway that is MUCH "more windy" than this, and FSD has no issues with it. (BTW, definitely the 12.3.x stack) Maybe FSD was engaged, maybe it wasn't. But speed isn't the issue. FSD is far from perfect, but this just doesn't look like an FSD error to me. We know for a fact that at the very least the driver was not paying sufficient attention. Given that, and his excuses, my personal opinion is that the driver screwed up and now wants to blame it on FSD.

I've seen this comment before but don't recall seeing any post where Elon specifically said the shimmy/wobble would be fixed in v12.4.
Do you have a link to his post?
1716931183892.png

Elon posted this a month back. Surprised its still there in 12.4. Tesla engineers had at least a month to fix this specific issue.

Of course i'm not sure how easy it is to fix these AI bugs? Does it require a complete re-training of the data? With regular software, the engineers can just add some additional logic. Not sure how that works with AI.

Last edited:
There's been occasional cases in Massachusetts where the local cops, upset that they're losing that wonderful overtime pay, arrest the traffic control officers or some such for some random illegality. Strange, or maybe not so strange, that the cops themselves weren't hauled into court for such tactics.
Strong in this town the union is…

I'm still having problems with it getting into or staying in a turn lane when it needs to go straight. Did it twice on me today. On this one example was in the right lane and forced a lane change a couple of blocks back because I knew it would NOT get over on its own (NEVER does). Then when it get to almost where this Street View is it changes back into the Right Turn lane. Just unbelievable that I set it up to go straight and it managed to fail moving into the turn lane at the last moment. It pulls up to the Light stop line with the FULL intention of going straight and cars in the left lane going straight be damned. I of course disengage and turn right. In the past I have even tried turning on my right signal at the line to force it to honer its mistake but it doesn't care and is ready to go straight.

The CRAZY part is that part of the NHTSA Stop sign recall was that FSD was not allowed to move into a Turn lane and then cut in front of cars going straight. However that is exactly what v12 wants to do ALL the TIME. Please give us rolling Stop signs back and FIX the turn lane problem.

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 5.55.03 PM.png

Elon posted this a month back. Surprised its still there in 12.4. Tesla engineers had at least a month to fix this specific issue.

Of course i'm not sure how easy it is to fix these AI bugs? Does it require a complete re-training of the data? With regular software, the engineers can just add some additional logic. Not sure how that works with AI.
Thank you.

The CRAZY part is that part of the NHTSA Stop sign recall was that FSD was not allowed to move into a Turn lane and then cut in front of cars going straight.
I didn't think that the recall was supposed to prevent that, just that it was supposed to signal to indicate it was going to do that before it did it.

Here is the description of the fix in the recall for that: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RMISC-23V085-7352.pdf

1716935227416.png

I didn't think that the recall was supposed to prevent that, just that it was supposed to signal to indicate it was going to do that before it did it.

Here is the description of the fix in the recall for that: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RMISC-23V085-7352.pdf

View attachment 1051429
It wants to go straight from the turn lane without any signal or indication. Just drive straight at an angle to the left like it is in the correct lane. So that IS a violation.

Last edited:
Reactions: gforce2002
I think the misunderstanding is the changed nomenclature. Tesla always used and call them Repeater cameras up until about a year ago. Now Tesla calls them Fender cameras. Not sure why they were called Repeater to begin with but it was that way for YEARS and now the switch to Fender.

I believe the term "repeater" originally referred to a turn signal blinker mounted in that general location. It repeated the other turn signal blinkers. Tesla installed cameras co-located with those blinkers so they became repeater cameras.

It wants to go straight from the turn lane without any signal or indication. Just drive straight like it is in the correct lane. So that IS a violation.
Well, it was fixed. But the end-to-end must have broke it. 🤷‍♀️ I guess Tesla needs more sample videos of people signaling when they do that to include in the training. ;) (And maybe remove the video clips where the signal isn't used.)

Well, it was fixed. But the end-to-end must have broke it. 🤷‍♀️ I guess Tesla needs more sample videos of people signaling when they do that to include in the training. ;) (And maybe remove the video clips where the signal isn't used.)
Yes it was fixed but v12 has broken it wide open again. Here is the other instance from today and it also drove all the way in the right lane and stayed in it after it became a turn only lane and went straight across at an angle without any signal or indication (light was green). No one was in the Straight lane so I let it play out.

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 6.51.10 PM.png