Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Manual mode still doesn’t work. It lets you set a max speed but never actually gets up to it.
Yeah that is exactly what I said. “Won’t fix having to use the accelerator.”

However, there were multiple complaints, and manual mode fixes some of them (namely being able to reduce speed, which was a specific complaint).

Advisable to read posts before disagreeing.

We’ve been through this extremely boring topic so many times, it is amazing that anyone still uses Auto mode (which is inferior to manual mode, though extremely similar).

Last edited:
Anyone left right now on 3.25 will be the V12.4 people.
I don't think they are done moving people from 3.25 to 14.x yet. If you use TeslaFi data and remove the non-N.A fleet (because the rest of the world never got 3.x as they don't have FSD) 3.25 is still ~42.5% of the fleet. Even if we look at the entire TeslaFi fleet there is still ~27% on 3.25. I don't think 42.5% of the N. American fleet is OG testers that will stay back to get 12.4 on 9.x. I've been watching the number of cars increasing every day of people going from 3.25 to 14.8. Every day there are a few hundred more moving off 3.25.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Manual mode still doesn’t work. It lets you set a max speed but never actually gets up to it.
Where I live, it hits my max speed about 30-40% the time. I do need to press accel on certain spots where it goes well below my max, and even lower than posted speed. South of my city where there are lots of rural highways, posted limit is 80km/h and I was surprised to see that it hits my max, which is 100 using v12. On other similar rural highways, it doesn't behave this way.

If they can make it hit my max 100% of the time, and gentler accel + braking, at least for me, this version is pretty much usable in most situations. Even right now, if I'm not in a hurry, it does most of the driving for me.

Reactions: GSP
I don't think they are done moving people from 3.25 to 14.x yet. If you use TeslaFi data and remove the non-N.A fleet (because the rest of the world never got 3.x as they don't have FSD) 3.25 is still ~42.5% of the fleet. Even if we look at the entire TeslaFi fleet there is still ~27% on 3.25. I don't think 42.5% of the N. American fleet is OG testers that will stay back to get 12.4 on 9.x. I've been watching the number of cars increasing every day of people going from 3.25 to 14.8. Every day there are a few hundred more moving off 3.25.
Likely anyone who either bought outright or has an active FSD subscription is being held back. Is there anyone with a paid (and never lapsed) subscription that was still bumped up to 14.x? The few hundred more moving each day could be those coming off trial that didn't subscribe.

True, but why are you so focused on Robo taxis? I don’t think any of us here want to use our car as a Robo taxi we’d all be happy with solid level three performance.
Level 3 has been my priority for a long time and if you review my posts you'd see I started bringing that up a lot earlier then most and got critrized for that. Reference to robo taxi here is the obvious focus Tesla will have on FSD deficiencies that affect Robotaxi completing drives. Clearly hand gestures are one of those when they involve police officers. Officers won't take kindly to any car that either ignores their gestures or just sits and does nothing.

Most of the other complaints on this thread and the resulting disengagements and interventions may be a poor way for FSD to drive but the vast majority won't prevent the car from reaching it's destination. That's key and for me and hand gestures are my number 1 disengagement once winter is over and road work starts. And no I won't have my car participate in any Robotaxi service.

• Informative
Correct which is why I added:

"Once they iron it out, all the OG testers will move from 3.25 to the working branch of 2024.9.5 or 2024.9.5.1 and so on."

Meaning once all non OG are moved off 3.25, that will be the existing branch going to 12.4

Reactions: LSDTester#1
So someone will relabel Assertive to Hurry and Average to Standard and that is new features? 🤣 Why not make it a DELUXE update and relabel Chill to Gentle. Then that would be a 3 features update. 🤔
The only thing that makes sense is the acceleration/deceleration mode. Some people want to accelerate slowly from the intersection stop, some people want to rev up like driving a sport car. Some people want to have slow and early braking to stop. Some people want to have late and hard braking to stop or to run through the late yellow light. The current model is for distance from the leading car.

Last edited:

However, there were multiple complaints, and manual mode fixes some of them (namely being able to reduce speed, which was a specific complaint).

We’ve been through this extremely boring topic so many times, it is amazing that anyone still uses Auto mode (which is inferior to manual mode, though extremely similar).
Sorry - misread your initial post. Yes, I think this is probably one issue that everyone agrees on. V12 completely messed up speed control.

I like it when we catch Alan posting after a few beers 🍺 ... much higher content value!!

Your analysis is spot on, remember that you and many others are newer to testing and understanding the way Tesla works. Some of these old bastards @LSDTester#1 @JHCCAZ @sleepydoc , @JulienW , @Twiglett etc. have been on, and studying teslafi soo long, they were using AOL to connect to it.

(Maybe that reference is too dated?)

Honorable mention to my best bud who belongs in that group @AlanSubie4Life

Edit: @aronth5 , he has been around since the beginning of time. Belongs with the long time testers

Last edited:
Your analysis is spot on, remember that you and many others are newer to testing and understanding the way Tesla works. Some of these old bastards @LSDTester#1 @JHCCAZ @sleepydoc , @JulienW , @Twiglett etc. have been on, and studying teslafi soo long, they were using AOL to connect to it.

Edit: @aronth5 , he has been around since the beginning of time. Belongs with the long time testers
Who do you think gave him the PayPal idea? And now all of a sudden he’s into Ketamine?? He should have stuck with the Lysergic acid diethylamide I whipped up for him. We’d all be on L4 by now.

• Love

AOL at 300 baud, baby!

Yes, sometimes it accelerates too close to the leading car and makes me feel nervous. I have to slam on the brake.
Slam on the brake? Perhaps a flare for the dramatic?

Otoh, you could anticipate the closure rate and preemptively disengage if you’re nervous. No need to spill your drink by “slamming on the brake”