Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is good news. But it will be better if they can add options:

1. To create a complete customized route.
2. To easily turn on/off Avoid Highways/Car Pools/Toll Roads while driving with one button like wiper setting button.

EDIT: Went back and looked and it was actually May 30, 2019 when I traded my ELR in.

View attachment 1059132
Every time I see a red tesla I think "I should have ordered red and not used the money on purchasing FSD. Maybe I'd be happier with my car." Except now I'd probably regret that I stuck with Multicoat Red since when a new Ultra Red passes me on the road, I think, "That colour is amazing. Not amazing enough to make me consider buying another tesla. But close!"

Every time I see a red tesla I think "I should have ordered red and not used the money on purchasing FSD. Maybe I'd be happier with my car." Except now I'd probably regret that I stuck with Multicoat Red since when a new Ultra Red passes me on the road, I think, "That colour is amazing. Not amazing enough to make me consider buying another tesla. But close!"
The first time I saw a red Tesla (it was an MX) wrapped in XPEL Stealth, I wished I'd ordered Nameless in red so I could wrap it that way. Stunning. Now the blue ain't bad, but when you wrap that red... wowsa.

.....and so far your prediction record is = to Elon's. 🤔 🤣 I suspect we will see 12.4.2 this week BUT it will be employee only with a small chance influencers get it by the weekend. But lotto odds of any of us (other than maybe you🤪) regulars driving it for at least a week or 2.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if 12.4.x wasn't skipped over for us completely.
Other than something new to complain about I never understand the rush to get an update. When it’s ready it will release. I don’t care if they take 6 months as long as it’s tested and shows improvement.

Looking at v12.4.1's timeline.

May 8 - Elon reports almost all models are completely retrained in v12.4 and 12.5 and 12.6 are in various stages of test.
Jun 5 - after much delay v12.4.1 was released internally to employees with one employee calling it unusable.
Jun 11 - released to the usual few select customers.

Today, about 3 weeks later and there's no sign of a pending v12.4.x release. And aside from a magic bullet, there's probably no sense releasing new features (12.5) if v12.4.x remains a can of worms.

Gotta wonder why training/testing remains so challenged if Dojo/H100 hardware isn't the limiting factor. Did HW3 reach max capability? Is training/testing all nets beyond the industry and/or team's current capability?

Other than something new to complain about I never understand the rush to get an update. When it’s ready it will release. I don’t care if they take 6 months as long as it’s tested and shows improvement.

Slow release and progress is a good indication of systemic issues which doesn't bode well for HW3 and possible HW4 owners. AKA at some point the team moves on and sticks a fork in HW3 and HW4.

There was a news article last week about a vehicle in California running into a pulled over police cruiser while FSD was operating, though I imagine that has been mentioned in this thread along with the speculation that may be the reason the rollout halted.

The driver said they were on their phone at the time so if it’s all true they may be directing scrutiny towards the driver monitoring. Or the delay isn’t related to it at all.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
There was a news article last week about a vehicle in California running into a pulled over police cruiser while FSD was operating, though I imagine that has been mentioned in this thread along with the speculation that may be the reason the rollout halted.

The driver said they were on their phone at the time so if it’s all true they may be directing scrutiny towards the driver monitoring. Or the delay isn’t related to it at all.
With the number of people complaining about getting dinged for looking at their screen for more than a few seconds, how was the guy on his phone on FSDS, unless he was on an old version of FSD Beta?

This is good news. But it will be better if they can add options:

1. To create a complete customized route.
2. To easily turn on/off Avoid Highways/Car Pools/Toll Roads while driving with one button like wiper setting button.

Agreed. Giving the ability to grab and drag the route with your finger would br great and they would easily show the ‘Avoid Tollways’ button when first setting the route.
FSD will probably need the ability to specifically avoid highways because I doubt Tesla will be taking liability for what a Robotaxi is doing at 80mph if/when they take liability for city streets autonomy.
They could easily have a different routing/mapping algorithm for robotaxis.

I still don’t understand why everyone keeps perseverating on robotaxis, though. Are there really that many who plan to use their car as one and do they really think it will be feasible in the near future?

Slow release and progress is a good indication of systemic issues which doesn't bode well for HW3 and possible HW4 owners. AKA at some point the team moves on and sticks a fork in HW3 and HW4.
Perhaps. Or it may be because the neural net architecture is relatively new and they’re still learning how to train and use it. Regardless, I don’t see anything significantly different from past releases. People cite rumors and random tweets from Elon that may or may not have been made while he was high on weed. Numerous people saying ‘employees are getting it, we should get it by next weekend!’ Followed by the inevitable disappointment and more rumors that ‘they found major issues and are pulling it back for more work’ or ‘x.1 is dead. They should be releasing x.2 to employees and influencers next week.’

Avoid looking at someone else’s green grass and be happy with what you have. (They’re just going to have a horrible hangover after smoking it anyway)

Seriously - if FSD is a point of regret for you then you would likely be happier turning it off completely and just using TACC and autopilot and staying off forums like this because they probably do more to stoke your frustration and regret.

The same goes with the color. I’ve seen plenty of cool wraps. And the new red looks awesome, but I’m happy with my blue car. For you, I suspect the issue isn’t the color and the color won’t make you happier. If it truly is an issue you can also check into a wrap, or even trade in your car. Both of those would probably only succeed in getting rid of the reminder and only amount to ‘throwing good money after bad’ for you so I’d go back to my original advice.

I don't recall FSD being mentioned in the articles... Assuming it was on at all, it was likely basic Autopilot.

West Orangethorpe Ave and Courtney Ave would be City Streets from what I can tell on Google, Orangethrope is a big road but don’t think it’s highway and it’s definitely not controlled access.

This is purely speculation though, it’s not improbable speculation.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA - oh that's rich. Hundreds of thousands of dollars in R&D, hundreds of man hours of highly skilled engineers, and the camera-based driver attention monitoring system is thwarted by a pair of $2 sunglasses. 😂🤣
What a strange post.

You know that, currently, sunglasses allow you to look at the screen or your phone as it just measures your head angle with them on. If you don't know that, there's videos showing it and it's really easy to test. That's the reason why with sunglasses the camera monitoring isn't sufficient in 12.4.

So what was the point of this response?

Reactions: sleepydoc

West Orangethorpe Ave and Courtney Ave would be City Streets from what I can tell on Google, Orangethrope is a big road but don’t think it’s highway and it’s definitely not controlled access.

This is purely speculation though, it’s not improbable speculation.
That's another example of the media telephone game and author embellishment. Neither source article cited mentions Full Self Driving, rather the driver claimed it was in "self-drive" mode. That's a common excuse even when people use AP or manual driving. So far I have seen no evidence FSD was involved.

I'm not sure what the relevance to that is. Sure, the manual says that Autopilot isn't designed for city streets, but there is nothing to prevent you from using on them. (Lots of people do in fact use basic Autopilot on city streets.)

What a strange post.

You know that, currently, sunglasses allow you to look at the screen or your phone as it just measures your head angle with them on. If you don't know that, there's videos showing it and it's really easy to test. That's the reason why with sunglasses the camera monitoring isn't sufficient in 12.4.

So what was the point of this response?
To highlight just how ridiculous this entire driver monitoring system is, and how utterly screwed Tesla is in the courts and with NHTSA, when they have no actual means of confirming the driver is paying attention. Wheel torque? Weights / COMMA.AI devices. Cabin camera? $2 sunglasses. Seat weight detection? Bowling ball. *sigh*