Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May have been clipped in what was posted. I didn’t watch the video, but this is a key difference:
View attachment 1055612

Currently, we have to be doing something.

Interesting but doesn't change the fact the term "junk" has become obsolete. I always wondered where the term "junk" came from? Glad Ramphex explained that. Always assumed it had more validity and substance than simply comparing FSD from today to Tesla's 5 year old video. The only way "junk" could be used legitimately now is describing Tesla's 5 year old FSD "solution".

I only joke because If he goes through with his threats to ban all iPhones and put them in faraday cages before you can go to work, he’ll either have to or make their own phone lol.
Looks like all of apples posts have been deleted from x. lol. And it seems he auto blocked Apple for almost all users. Might be making their own phone after all!

Well if you're referring to this 5 year old video from Tela I didn't see anything FSD doesn't do today so your "junk" reference is no longer valid. Frankly if you did a FSD video from v12.3.6 you would be able to show far more FSD functionality today than what Tesla published. So I'd say Tesla's old video is now the junk solution. Time for you to retire "junk" since FSD now does EVERYTHING.

Interesting but doesn't change the fact the term "junk" has become obsolete. I always wondered where the term "junk" came from? Glad Ramphex explained that. Always assumed it had more validity and substance than simply comparing FSD from today to Tesla's 5 year old video. The only way "junk" could be used legitimately now is describing Tesla's 5 year old FSD "solution".
Link me to a 12.3.6 video where you can drive nag-free, hands-free for the duration of how long that person has driven in Tesla’s 5 year old video, with no interventions or any sorts of other goofy *sugar*.

My car can’t even switch lanes without hesitating stopping mid lane switch, and then continuing. Looks hilarious when it just stops for a couple sec and rides the broken line like a monorail.

Oh and don’t be sending me any of those fake videos from scummy Omar.

There's a setting in the AP menu now, apparently, for the expanded visualization:

1718170323864.png

Ok so also tested this on my S and as you said, no auto shift other than out of park. Doesn't make sense since in the release notes it says it will shift between drive and reverse and dirty tesla did a demo of this on an S and it looked sweet. So confused why on a later release they pulled it. Dumb.
It could be that FSD 12.4 is a prerequisite for the auto shift. Not that someone has an FSD subscription, but it might require the latest perception network to be on the car to function. Black Tesla, Dirty Tesla, etc all have 12.4.

After all, the car has to decide “does it makes sense to shift to D out of R here?”

It could be that FSD 12.4 is a prerequisite for the auto shift. Not that someone has an FSD subscription, but it might require the latest perception network to be on the car to function. Black Tesla, Dirty Tesla, etc all have 12.4.

After all, the car has to decide “does it makes sense to shift to D out of R here?”
The demo was on 2024.14.7 running FSD 12.3.6 so that's not it. Video link below at the appropriate spot. Either there's a bug on 2024.14.9 or they removed it for some reason on this revision. Too bad because it looks really useful. Anyone else who recently went up to 2024.14.9 have the full working shift between drive and reverse in addition to out of park?

Edit: I may have answered my own question. In the video he said he had to reboot a few times to get the new options to appear. I've tried that and so far no luck, but maybe it will show up in time.

Link me to a 12.3.6 video where you can drive nag-free, hands-free for the duration of how long that person has driven in Tesla’s 5 year old video, with no interventions or any sorts of other goofy *sugar*.

My car can’t even switch lanes without hesitating stopping mid lane switch, and then continuing. Looks hilarious when it just stops for a couple sec and rides the broken line like a monorail.

Really? I have drives everyday without any interventions or disengagements. Nice and smooth with far more capability than Tesla's video. And yes some drives I do have a disengagement or two but they are the exception. Next time I see a junk free video I'll post the link for you since they are available.
As far as I'm concerned your "junk" reference is dead and buried. You'll just have to move to somewhere where FSD is darn good :)

I just updated that post with a pic. I also noted the "cheat device" setting. The pic is from the steering menu.
Seems like there's a few posts in other threads of s and x vehicles having a conflict between auto park and auto shift. Those that don't have one or the other, there's a weird issue when autopark and the auto shift menu appear on the binnacle display the scroll wheels don't work to pick the space. They are all asking the same question I have, why on earth is it not on the center display to touch a space.

Really? I have drives everyday without any interventions or disengagements. Nice and smooth with far more capability than Tesla's video. And yes some drives I do have a disengagement or two but they are the exception. Next time I see a junk free video I'll post the link for you since they are available.
As far as I'm concerned your "junk" reference is dead and buried. You'll just have to move to somewhere where FSD is darn good :)
Here you go. I just looked on YouTube and this was the first FSD video I saw. An easy drive for sure but so was Tesla's video. Naturally this FSD owner has other drives with disengagements as all of us have had but in general certainly far better than Tesla's 5 year old video.

Agreed. After all these years there's still too many issues and maintainability continues to remain elusive. Given that FSD is closer to being junk than a refined respected consumer product.

Seems like there's a few posts in other threads of s and x vehicles having a conflict between auto park and auto shift. Those that don't have one or the other, there's a weird issue when autopark and the auto shift menu appear on the binnacle display the scroll wheels don't work to pick the space. They are all asking the same question I have, why on earth is it not on the center display to touch a space.
So based on that it sounds like it's an auto shift issue for those who have FSD but not an issue for those without. If you find a way to make the new "on" setting appear, please let me know! I really wanted to use this.

Here you go. I just looked on YouTube and this was the first FSD video I saw. An easy drive for sure but so was Tesla's video. Naturally this FSD owner has other drives with disengagements as all of us have had but in general certainly far better than Tesla's 5 year old video.

It does pretty well but like you say his drives tend to be simplistic. Even then he mentioned a few issues he hands waives in the end. FSD failed to use turn signal while stopped on a single lane road. Max speed still problematic. Deceleration still needs work. Admits he would've allowed a merging truck in stop/go traffic versus partially occupying the intersection so the truck can't merge-in behind. Later there's excess hesitancy to enter an intersection (almost 10 secs!) where he repeatedly said "go car, go, go, go." And there's other issues/concerns he highlights.