Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is scary. I would turn it off. I hit the brakes many times while reversing. Can you imagine me going forward after I hit the brakes while I am reversing and then crashing into someone/something in the front as the car moves forward?
It shifts after you stop. It looks amazing and well implemented from all the videos I've seen.

According to notateslaapp only refresh S and X get the new Auto shift Beta that goes D to R. Refresh M3 and CT (even though they are stalkless only have the Auto shift out of park). Assuming notatelsapp is correct. They could be mistaken.
CT has the Autoshift beta that goes from D to R. I can't say the same for the M3.

Backing out of a Costco parking lot, I hit my brakes many times as people are walking behind the car all the time. How does it know I am done backing out?
With vision. It uses the cameras. I haven't tried it as it wasn't in 2024.14.9, but CT owners and other S/X owners that already had it say it's a great addition.

Backing out of a Costco parking lot, I hit my brakes many times as people are walking behind the car all the time. How does it know I am done backing out?
You have to tap (or hold) the brakes and then turn the steering wheel quite a bit. Just tapping the brakes and continuing along the same course will not make it shift to the other direction.

With vision. It uses the cameras. I haven't tried it as it wasn't in 2024.14.9, but CT owners and other S/X owners that already had it say it's a great addition.
If I ever decide to turn that on, it won’t be for a while for sure. I remember the auto wipers feature that uses the camera and I’m not willing to play that game with the forward/reverse selector, especially in busier parking lots 😅

Interesting times for software updates these days. Same software versions on similar cars with everyone getting different available features and no FSD updates so we’ve got nothing but time to discuss it lol.
The no FSD updates thing actually seems auspicious... to me it increases the odds of the next FSD update coming after a full retraining of the NN. My mobile service for camera calibration errors is on the 19th, so assuming they fix my issues, I'll take 12.4+ on the 20th thank you very much.

Oh that's easy - you just install a COMMA device in your car.
Oddly enough, I’m actually not against the cheat device for personal use. I don’t have one and don’t care to get one, unless someone makes that one that defeats the nags and the cabin camera 😅

NOW. With that being said…. I do NOT condone using a cheat device without disclosure to falsely advertise a product. *cough* useless Omar *cough*

I didn’t want to make a thread for this so asking here, I changed my horn sound but after I go out of park and start driving again the horn goes back to the default regular horn sound, can the other sounds not be used out of park?
Correct. That was another NHTSA change. I used have my car sound like the Jetsons when driving at low speeds.

Oddly enough, I’m actually not against the cheat device for personal use. I don’t have one and don’t care to get one, unless someone makes that one that defeats the nags and the cabin camera 😅

NOW. With that being said…. I do NOT condone using a cheat device without disclosure to falsely advertise a product. *cough* useless Omar *cough*

which side of the fence are you on. Arguing with yourself or taking both sides….
Theres more to the text you cut off 😅